Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Nasdaq and NYSE  (Read 238 times)
Choco99

Activity: 36
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:01:51 PM

Nasdaq Inc. is moving ahead with a plan to list Bitcoin futures
We can say yet another future to fool us but  Nasdaq wants to with cooperation of VanEck  ETF

The Nasdaq futures will be based off the Bitcoin’s price on numerous spot exchanges, as compiled by VanEck Associates Corp., the person said. CME uses prices from four markets, while it’s just one at Cboe

Yet another big name what want to list his own future will be NYSE
New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange Inc. said last week it will launch its own contracts on Jan. 24

24 January  is scheduled launch of Bakkt

Maybe that news are good prognostic for ETF approval
Whatever to think about it both Nasdaq and Nyse are big names maybe not enough big for our lovely Jame but big

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=crypto
Bitcoin future had plans from early 2018 , its not a new news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:54:36 PM

I have been reading that thanks to Bakkt will be possible to pay for for example Starbucks with  btc without all that fee
It is why Bakkt is so important giving crypto chances for adoption

That's wrong. You won't be able to use Bitcoin in any Startbucks shop. The deal here is that you'll be able to sell Bitcoin to USD through Bakkt, and then use these funds to buy a coffee or whatever else that Starbucks sells. As always, it were the shitty news outlets trying to convince people they could finally spend their coins in Starbucks.

In order to stimulate adoption we need stores actually allowing customers to pay with Bitcoin, even if they use a payment gateway. If you are converting your coins to fiat to spend them, what's the point of Bitcoin then? In that regard, you can just as easily keep using your debit card to conduct these transactions.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:13:08 AM

Nasdaq Inc. is moving ahead with a plan to list Bitcoin futures
We can say yet another future to fool us but  Nasdaq wants to with cooperation of VanEck  ETF

The Nasdaq futures will be based off the Bitcoin’s price on numerous spot exchanges, as compiled by VanEck Associates Corp., the person said. CME uses prices from four markets, while it’s just one at Cboe

Yet another big name what want to list his own future will be NYSE
New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange Inc. said last week it will launch its own contracts on Jan. 24

24 January  is scheduled launch of Bakkt

Maybe that news are good prognostic for ETF approval
Whatever to think about it both Nasdaq and Nyse are big names maybe not enough big for our lovely Jame but big

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=crypto
I don't think Bakkt moved or delayed their opening to actually be at the same time as those two because they needed the upper hand and be early at ETF in order to get as many customers as they can however if what is said is true and nasdaq and nyse is actually starting etf for bitcoin I think it will be amazing for all of us. Think about it when the investors wants to buy bitcoin ETF and they lose money do you think they will comeback to that investment bank? I don't think so, they are not going to be like "oh the bitcoin didn't work so lets do something else" no they will be more like "your investment didn't work I am taking my money somewhere else". Hence banks will have a lot of incentive to keep bitcoin price above certain price in order to keep customers happy.
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:13:23 AM

Nasdaq has a not bad idea, and wants to work with VanEck ETF, this is the right choice, if the price is affected by bitcoin and I also want to know whether it is accepted or not.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: