Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These 24 ICOs raised $2.8 Billion. They have almost 0 trading volume.  (Read 559 times)
Hosam Mazawi (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:56:06 PM

The ICO market boomed in 2017. The number of crypto startups is hard to pin down, but most sources agree that is over five hundred were launched in 2017.

In fact, every day last year at least one project was launched, and those ICOs raised more than $5 billion. This year the tendency has stayed the same. By mid-year, the number of ICOs launched was already over 550, and the total raised funds were over $12 billion. The industry is flourishing but is it as good as it seems to be?

The research shows that ICOs have significant economic problems.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:38:55 PM

I haven't even heard of the top 2 on this list. Is it actually proven that they raised these funds or did they just claim to do so to encourage other investment? I can only assume they're known scams with such low volume nowadays.

frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:44:20 PM

This list is ridiculous, i've only heard of a few of these projects. I bet the founders are laughing all the way to panama right now, they will spend a fraction on the project with the rest funding their new lifestyle

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Findingnemo

Activity: 2352
Merit: 772

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Just because we only consider ICOs as short term investors so most of the investors will sell their tokens once it hit the exchange and the people when bought it just wait forever for the prices to increase.The ICOs who raised more money are not best so the people who never do research while investing will be suffer now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

Of the 24 ICO listed in this table, 9 have a daily turnover of less than 100K. Despite the fact that the declared fees of more than 50M. For example, Dragon with a daily volume of 47K collected on ICO 420M (!!!). This is a funny hand-drawn figures.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

I haven't even heard of the top 2 on this list. Is it actually proven that they raised these funds or did they just claim to do so to encourage other investment? I can only assume they're known scams with such low volume nowadays.

You look at the trading volumes from the top 20. Cardano has a daily trading volume of less than $ 20 million, Monero 18, IOTA 10, and so on. Over the past few weeks, the market collapsed and we see how small amounts affect the price of these coins. A project with a capitalization of billions of dollars cannot lose 20% with a daily volume of 10 million.
Projects that are listed in the table created only for the rapid enrichment of their owners. Half project fraudulent.
trungquoc4622342

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 05:46:51 PM

Are these real numbers or are developers drawn? I do not even know all the ICOs listed in this list, or maybe I'm backward when the ICOs have pretty good sales. The ICOs on the list probably do not appeal to investors. short term is short term. Actually these numbers are virtual.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1337

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

As some other members have suggested it is unlikely they collected as much money as they claim, in this industry it is not rare for projects to exaggerate the amount of money they get out of investors, however if those numbers are correct then this is tragedy, because this means the investors put their money in something that most likely is never going to give them any returns.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:52:11 PM

Out of this list im personally holding hdac, comsa, envion, dropil, bankera, tenx and swissborg and each one of them has dropped terribly in value by now most of them are way way down below even the ico prices, these projects have raised so much money i think the team should come up and place big buy orders at ico price because investors are in humongous loss at the moment.

aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:54:53 PM

if seen in more detail, one reason is the lack of a market that supports the coin. if the team's developers want to focus more on market issues I'm sure this won't happen.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:59:58 PM

Some of these don't have that bad of a trading volume. Anything in the millions is quite considerable in the current market. That is assuming it's legit and not washing trading from fake volume exchanges. Only a select few of these are even noteworthy, the rest seem to have been scams or have just faded in to obscurity. The only one of any real merit is TenX.

Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:01:02 PM

The list looks very spurious and lacks credence in my opinion as most of the names on the list are very unfamiliar, notwithstanding it's not a new idea that ICOs has been on the decline and majority are either outright scams, poorly developed, fail to raise any significant amount or just a replica of some other project.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 06:01:12 PM

the beginning of their ico began many people thought that the project would later develop. but the reality is not that beautiful, I can imagine how the investors who joined the project felt. and I think the development team doesn't do anything to increase the trading volume of the altcoins they have.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:41:02 PM

It is really horrible to say the least, Imagine how much the developers must have dumped seeing the huge market swipe. No one should ever be emotional about any coin. It seems the trend moved from holding to dumping immediately once it hits exchange. Some of these coins may rise eventually but just very few percentage of them. Participated in Naga and Ucash and were all huge disappointment

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:56:23 PM

Plenty of bagholders from those ICO's.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 06:59:41 PM

I disagree with you about Dropil and Tradove as they have 100k average volume per day. These projects are legit they have a very good developer behind them. The prices of these two are now below ICO price and knowing almost all alt coins and tokens are down. Dropil have a very good platform and they have great products and Tradove is SEC registered in one of the state in the US. I don't want to be biased as I'm a holder of these two great startup companies and this is my honest opinion based on facts.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 07:07:53 PM

I did heard about Tatatu and the amount they raised during ICO. You might be right about them or maybe this happened because they didn't expand their project by not listing token to top exchanges. More exchanges means more investors, more volume and Tatatu is only available on 2 exchanges atm.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Its because everything is pegged to Bitcoin market. And since Bitcoin has suffered as well, it trickled down to altcoin markets. Specially along the stretch beginning in June. There are some successful ICO is 2018, but there are no holders and buyers.

Mostly, bounty hunters just dump and then ICO projects as well. Just look at how ETH suffered and you will see how everyone is really dumping after the tokens have been released and listed on an exchange. So I'm not surprised if there no volume of most successful ICO's in 2017/2018.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:19:38 PM

Very nice research, this is the reality, many researches found out that 90% ICOs are pure scams and this only confirms this claim.
But, it would be nice to make deep research, if these projects are alive, or dead without any progress.
Fu Mei Mei

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

Since the beginning of February almost all the altcoin trading volume has increased a lot along with the price, but after a few months later the trading volume dropped significantly along with the price. So I'm sure this has made the money of most traders stuck in some altcoin for quite a long time. So in my opinion this is a natural thing
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: