Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:50:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawsuit for concentration camp death  (Read 217 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:26:47 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 11:23:24 PM by bluefirecorp_

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/us-sued-for-60-million-after-infant-in-detention-later-died/2018/11/27/fafe7e0e-f2a1-11e8-99c2-cfca6fcf610c_story.html?noredirect=on

First one. There will be more to follow; Trump's separation policy is going to cost us hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions of dollars, as more of these cases make their way through the courts.

I've mentioned there was an actual fiscal penalty for these policies in previous threads, but this is the beginning.

Washington-based law firm Arnold & Porter said it will file a lawsuit if the government doesn’t settle its claim. R. Stanton Jones, a lawyer at the firm, said the government has six months to respond before his firm can file suit.

See ya guys in April, rofl.

===
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-born-citizen-sues-sheriff-after-he-was-nearly-deported-n943486

A philly guy suing now for nearly being deported to a country he's never been to before. Holy shit.

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 08:44:49 AM

I wonder where this 60 million dollar figure came from, and is this penalty paid from tax revenues? Also, is there proof that the child died because of poor health care? The article gave very little info, so I have to ask you.

I am assuming it is paid from tax revenues, but that would cause outrage among the US citizens. Their tax money is being spent on litigation rather than on developing the country's infrastructure and public welfare.

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

No price can be put on human life. That child's upbringing and education would have cost far less and once grown up that child could have given back to society. I hope high damages are granted.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:14:10 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/03/us/us-citizen-detained-ice/index.html

Welp, wonder how much this suit will cost.

jerome892

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:48:53 PM

This topic makes me think of the movie BlacKkKlansman - yes it is comedy/drama, but still directs the issue that we see in today's society and all the hatred that is spread. I believe there are hundred many more cases just like these two and this is just the tip of the iceberg sadly.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

This topic makes me think of the movie BlacKkKlansman - yes it is comedy/drama, but still directs the issue that we see in today's society and all the hatred that is spread. I believe there are hundred many more cases just like these two and this is just the tip of the iceberg sadly.

Yeah. We've done this shit once in our past and had paid out for it.

In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim. The law won congressional approval only after a decade-long campaign by the Japanese-American community.

It's crazy that the moron in chief would instate similar policies knowing the costs of the choice he's made.

Eirecoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:19:57 AM

That is sad and heartbreaking I hate those concentration camps that is not what America stands for. I still believe in this words "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:04:48 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-deported-asylum-seeker-murdered-honduras-2018-12

Tiny bit off-topic. How much is this going to cost us?

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

That is sad and heartbreaking I hate those concentration camps that is not what America stands for. I still believe in this words "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

True, these words are legendary.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 05:39:28 PM

True, these words are legendary.

You mean on the Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island when we had more immigration controls than today, they had to fill out paper work, and spend a few weeks on the island for medical quarantine, I mean "concentration camps"? Sound like a bunch of Nazis to me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: