Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:28:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Missionary killed by Primitive tribe in India  (Read 1172 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:19:54 PM

And proper quarantine procedures were followed?

No, they don't have a clue.

So I'm not sympathetic to their perception of danger.

They don't need quarantine procedures. Outsiders are not allowed to enter and the law protects the island.

Let's say you try enter a secured facility of some sort and you get shot. Who's fault is it for not following "procedures"?

Interesting viewpoint.

No, "the law DOES NOT protect the island."

People do.

If they are ignorant of how to deal with contagious diseases, and unusually sensitive to them, they're fucked.

That's kind of silly to argue whether the law or people are charged with protection of the island.  Laws wouldn't exist without people, so yeah, whatever, semantics...  ....

Sematics? Not quite.

The same people that would argue "the law protects the Island" would argue that "the immigration law can't stand in the way of open borders", it's "okay if Hillary broke all kinds of laws", it's "Not okay if Trump jaywalks," on and on.

It's not semantics to change the rules with every situation.

Further, suppose a plane, or a boat, had to make an emergency landing there. Suppose the islanders murder them.

Someone somewhere might just decide it was payback time.

I'm not sympathetic with the "missionary," but to use his own words, "an eye for an eye...."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 12:12:30 AM

Further, suppose a plane, or a boat, had to make an emergency landing there. Suppose the islanders murder them.

I'm not sympathetic with the "missionary," but to use his own words, "an eye for an eye...."

So do you suggest to wipe the population out because of a near-zero probability of some airplane landing on an undeveloped island when there is a proper airport on another island nearby?

I'd say it makes far more sense just to leave them alone.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 01:14:14 AM

Beside everything, they have been isolated for so long that going in there now, brings very high risk to wipe the island clean with some relatively common deases like a seasonal flu.

ah come on, at any time in urban islands of global cities there could be savages showing up that are xenophobic, the christians do what their religion tells them, muslims would also have to do that.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:28:13 AM

So do you suggest to wipe the population out because of a near-zero probability of some airplane landing on an undeveloped island when there is a proper airport on another island nearby?

I'd say it makes far more sense just to leave them alone.

NO, giving you the benefit of the doubt, misunderstanding instead of twisting meanings.

Such things happen. I've illustrated several ways in which these savages are not "safe." They are not safe from diseases without knowledge of medicine, they are not safe from contagious disease. Killing people that set foot on the island does not solve that.

They are not safe from people who might want payback for their "legitimate savagery."

Next, regarding your obvious exaggeration .... "wipe the population out" ....

I don't care about them one way or the other. That means I don't care if they all live or if they all die. Neither. Pretty simple, right?

The Christian, he found out the hard way that the "noble savage," well, he isn't so noble...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 01:46:04 AM

NO, giving you the benefit of the doubt, misunderstanding instead of twisting meanings.

[...]

So you didn't mean it when you said this?

Wipe the island clean?

Sounds interesting. I'm having some trouble getting sympathetic to these savages. Bows and arrows and solving problems by killing people.

Maybe a nice resort could go there?

"These savages" have been around probably longer than many modern nations. I bet they are not sympathetic to our way of life either.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:54:12 AM

"These savages" have been around probably longer than many modern nations. I bet they are not sympathetic to our way of life either.

Which means something or nothing, and you don't know which, because you can't. The reality is hidden from us.

But you would defend the indefensible. Have fun.

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:43:55 AM
Merited by Foxpup (4)

Such things happen. I've illustrated several ways in which these savages are not "safe." They are not safe from diseases without knowledge of medicine, they are not safe from contagious disease. Killing people that set foot on the island does not solve that.

They are not safe from people who might want payback for their "legitimate savagery."

I don't care about them one way or the other. That means I don't care if they all live or if they all die. Neither. Pretty simple, right?

The Christian, he found out the hard way that the "noble savage," well, he isn't so noble...

Those people are some of the last tribal populations with no interaction with the outside world. The British wiped plenty of those you call "savages and natives" when they first decided to build a prison there. After independence, the Indian Govt decided to not interfere. There is nothing analogous to the "White man's burden" in Eastern philosophy. They are to be left alone.

The main problem in this whole drama was the laxity of enforcing its own laws by the Indian Govt. That guy was on a suicide mission trying to sneak in and dodged boat patrols on his way. If he would have been caught, this would never have happened.

The threat to populations without immunity from modern-world diseases catching it from illegal outsiders is very real. It is not an exaggeration. Remember the smallpox blankets?
JSRAW (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:40:13 AM

The article is very biased and even a bit weird in it's orientation, and obviously anti-Christian, alleging he was engaging in "illegal and immoral acts."

If being logical and calling a spade a spade is Anti Christian then you are right. it is Biased.

Beside everything, they have been isolated for so long that going in there now, brings very high risk to wipe the island clean with some relatively common deases like a seasonal flu.

Wipe the island clean?

Sounds interesting. I'm having some trouble getting sympathetic to these savages. Bows and arrows and solving problems by killing people.

Maybe a nice resort could go there?

Piggy and other poster are right when they say that tribe is not immune to the common virus. You/We don't have to be sympathetic to these tribesmen but we can at least let them live their lives in peace. that's why Indian gov do not interfere in their way of living. their population is already declining.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese#Deaths_of_two_fishermen_(2006)

I still don't get why this is news. It's not the first time this tribe has killed off people coming close to them. India has declared them a protected area by law. There were no charges filed with these two deaths. I think it's just distraction from the Trump shit.

He was a Christian Missionary. that's the only reason i can think of right now.

Sad story nevertheless.   I blame his parents and his friends for not helping him get out of his religious delusion.
You might wanna check this out
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article222250020.html

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
jerome892

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:01:51 PM

I actually had never heard of this island before,  so that's a very interesting bit of information. I wonder are there any other similar tribes?
amicrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:18:29 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 03:28:46 PM by amicrypto
Merited by suchmoon (4), LoyceV (1), DireWolfM14 (1), bones261 (1)

Woah, I chanced upon this thread and such people sympathizing with the John Chau and also lambasting him for his act. Well let me put out the facts for everyone so that we can have a more non-judgemental attitude regarding the topic.

Andaman and Nicobar Islands is an archipelago of 500+ islands where tribals had settled around 10,000 years back. In the past few centuries mankind discovered these island and took them populated them in the process integrating the ethnic population. Tribes like Jarwa, Great Andamanese and Onges were integrated into the existing system because of frequent communication with the main population. Though they maintained their tribal lifestyle but were introduceed with the modern concepts of education, healthcare and society. But the story of Sentinelese was quite different.

Sentinelese live on a secluded island west of Andaman. They have not been integrated into the mainfold and still talk in their own language, use primitive tools and practically live the way humans did probably 10,000 years back. You can judge the disconnect by the fact that we can not understand the language or even the script it is written in because it predates the oldest known scripts. The Indian government looking at how the other tribes were made a visual treat for "Humans" consciously decided to let the area be untouched and the Sentinelese to evolve naturally. There is strict law in the Andaman that no boat under any circumstances is to go near that Island. The last time the government established contact they took 6 individuals (4 children and 2 adults) from the island to introduce them with the mainlanders. But because they were not immunized the 2 adults died of simple infections caused by some bacteria which we are easily resistant to. So, they are afraid from the other humans.

John Chau like every other enthusiast wanted to reach out to these people and establish a connection with them. He was motivated by Christanity to propagate its ideas among the tribes without understanding that they were skeptical to outsiders and had attacked previous convoys that had tried to establish connection with them.

It was his stupidity that got him killed and I don't understand how the Sentinelese are at fault. How would you react if you saw that a very advanced Alien species lands and you cannot communicate with them. You would be afraid and try to get rid of them at the very first chance. We are very much alien to the Sentinelese when we reach their shores with our boats, clothes and other gadgets.

My condolences are with the deceased but I don't think that the Sentinelese were at fault.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 03:19:26 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (2)

Sad story nevertheless.   I blame his parents and his friends for not helping him get out of his religious delusion.
You might wanna check this out
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article222250020.html

I think this "All Nations" organization is responsible.  There is no ifs or buts about it.

Christian brainwashing at its best.  How people fall for these cults is beyond me?

We need organizations to help people get out of these cults (Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc) before it is too late.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:25:31 PM

It's sad, but, the missionary work wasn't done the right way - Matthew 7:6:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

My condolences are with the deceased but I don't think that the Sentinelese were at fault.

Go ahead and condone murder.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:08:25 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), The Cryptovator (1)

For me, the religion of the man has nothing with do with the act of killing another human being. He could have been any guy wanting to explore an exotic island for fun.

I think a better analogy would be assuming that this island is private property belonging to the Sentinelese. When we reach their shores, we enter private property, and just like in any civilized nation, entering private property could get you shot and killed. It is not condoning murder, it is for the protection of the land owners.

bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:19:40 PM

Ahaha, are you actually arguing against "Stand your ground" statues?

Pretty sure conservatives support those normally. I guess because this guy was religious, you're going to defend him.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:30:52 PM

Pretty sure conservatives support those normally. I guess because this guy was religious, you're going to defend him.

"Stand your ground" would be similar to barging into one of the islander's homes, not landing on the shore...
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

"Stand your ground" would be similar to barging into one of the islander's homes, not landing on the shore...

You've obviously confused stand your ground with the castle doctrine.

You can't even get your conservitard talking points right Wink

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
Merited by Foxpup (4), suchmoon (4)

No one in the world knows their laws, cause no one speaks or reads/writes their language, what if it's a crime punishable death to walk on their sand or speak before being spoken too.  What if they thought the stuff he was carrying were unknown military weapons.

Bottom line here for me is leave the fucking people alone to do what the fuck they want.  They sure as fuck aren't trying to do anything but be left the fuck alone. They've been fine for a really long time with out us and we have been just fine without them so don't be a stupid twat and bother them...

I don't feel sorry for a person so wrapped up in dogma that he demands to push it on people that just want to be left the fuck alone.  Honestly I think it's ignorant of Christians to think it's their duty to make people believe the same as them, here's an idea for them, fuck off and leave people alone that don't want your dogmatic horse shit, or who believe another stupid dogmatic religion...  If you're shitty dogma is perfect and right the whole world will find it by themselves!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:33:47 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 12:04:00 AM by Spendulus

I don't feel sorry for a person so wrapped up in dogma that he demands to push it on people that just want to be left the fuck alone.  Honestly I think it's ignorant of Christians to think it's their duty to make people believe the same as them, here's an idea for them, fuck off and leave people alone that don't want your dogmatic horse shit, or who believe another stupid dogmatic religion...  If you're shitty dogma is perfect and right the whole world will find it by themselves!

You don't need to rationalize your position that I invited you to. The hate is pretty thick, though. I may be an atheist, but not of your type.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:18:34 AM

You are right, being an atheist does not mean one is a Christian-hater, an atheist can be as loving and as kind as any other person.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: