Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Income declaration for immigration : Cryptocurrency  (Read 138 times)
bandibuen (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:03:34 PM

This is regarding income declaration for UK visa application. Basically, with in the last 12 months, almost 90% of my income has arisen from cryptocurrency trading. So when I submitted my bank statement to the UKVI, they refused my visitor Visa application stating they don't believe that my cash flows/income have been incurred as a result of cryptocurrency trading. I am not quite sure what documents I should submit to prove that. I don't think they'll find me printing out receipts on localbitcoins or binance trade history credible. Does anyone have any idea about this?
Eirecoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:52:43 AM

I had the same problem too but with my fathers, they simply can't  believe that i made a lot of money last year they even got mad at me because they thought that I was selling weed or doing illegal business if I can't convince my parents how can we convince the governments of our source of income (assuming that crypto trading it's your main source of income)?

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:34:29 AM

This is regarding income declaration for UK visa application. Basically, with in the last 12 months, almost 90% of my income has arisen from cryptocurrency trading. So when I submitted my bank statement to the UKVI, they refused my visitor Visa application stating they don't believe that my cash flows/income have been incurred as a result of cryptocurrency trading. I am not quite sure what documents I should submit to prove that. I don't think they'll find me printing out receipts on localbitcoins or binance trade history credible. Does anyone have any idea about this?

This is really a difficult situation but i wonder as immigration visa is different from visitors visa therefore if you are applying for tourist VISA then why not just cash out your crypto in put it in a bank and follow their limited cash money policy for visitors anyway you will just visit the UK right? Therefore, no need to bring a huge cryto assets when entering the country.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:05:13 AM

First of all you should file the income taxes for that the receipts from the trading sites can be accepted and once you got the income tax filed papers then it all will be recorded by the government so at that time they can't refuse your application anymore so go in a legal way. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:21:16 AM

The issue here is to make them believe that your income is from the crypto trading! You need some documented proof to establish the fact that you have not made such income by selling illegal things.

Every exchange you work with, must have something called "trading history" which can be downloaded from the exchange website itself. It can be a PDF or an Excel file that provides the details of your trades executed within a certain range of dates. Keep such documents handy so that it can be produced when required. It is also needed during your tax filings.

Also keep your last years tax document handy if you haven't hidden any information. That should suffice to counter the questions and arguments of the ignorant immigration officers. Hope this helps!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: