Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pecunix scam prevented me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 190 times)
gloffs (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:15:18 PM

Hi, everyone!

About 8 years ago I put my money in Pecunix which was a very reputable system back in those times.
I also put some money in e-gold.
Fortunately for me even when the US government shut e-gold down I filed a complaint with the US Treasury Department and they refunded all my money that I had in e-gold.
Unfortunately the founder of Pecunix turned out to be a crook and I never recovered my money that I stored in Pecunix: about US$10,000
I remember very well how in 2014 I wanted to get my money back from pecunix but all my emails were never replied to by the Pecunix team.
I also remember reading about bitcoin at that time (in 2014) but the feeling of frustration that I had at that time prevented me from investing in bitcoin. I should have invested in bitcoin and I would have recovered all the loss that I had in Pecunix.
During the last 3 or 4 years I've been thinking how and in what way I could file a legal complaint with any regulatory body but I don't know how to do it.
Pecunix was registerered as a Panama corporation.
By the way I saved a screenshot of my account with Pecunix just in case something goes wrong but I don't know what to do about it. Do I have any option of filing a complaint against the founder of Pecunix with any regulatory body?
Does anyone know how it could be done?     

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jsimmons

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 12:36:37 AM

I was also scammed by Pecunix.  I'm looking into what options are available, just doing research right now. I'll share what info I have:

Corporate Info:
https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/394072

The Owner:
https://opencorporates.com/officers/122097850

The Owner's Address as of 2015:
116 The Drive, Whangamata, Whangamata, 3620, NZ

Any recovery efforts would have to be in Panama or New Zealand.

SheldonCobb

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 10:53:05 AM

I heard the owner of this Pecunix scam was involved in a cryptocurrency conversion (bitcoin) of his stolen money in some way. I heard some clients got theri money recovered and he has been apprehended already.
gloffs (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 06:45:28 AM

very interesting to hear details about how anyone has been able to recover his or her money. I can't still recover my money from this scammer.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 03:05:00 PM

very interesting to hear details about how anyone has been able to recover his or her money. I can't still recover my money from this scammer.
You probably just have to forget about the money. Isn't that now over a decade ago? You should have pursued for justice before the case or trail went cold. Trying to recover your money lost in 2014 right now is like trying to chase after wind.

What is positive is that you learned your lessons.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 09:11:22 PM

After researching, I found no details or sources indicating that Pecunix customers could recover their assets. What I have attached to you in the following screenshot, published on Wikipedia, indicates that Pecunix account owners could never recover their assets, as login was disabled and access to the official website was not restored in 2015.

[SOURCE]

This is indeed an old scam; there are no updates or recent news regarding it, as it has already disappeared. Moreover, member Sheldon Cobb's account has been inactive since 2023, and he has no evidence regarding customers that he heard recovered their assets!!

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██