Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plea for Devs to remove Mac clients  (Read 1283 times)
glerant (OP)

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:10:43 AM

Given Apple's rabid and oppressive stance towards Bitcoin - why do Bitcoin developers persist in offering Mac wallet clients?

http://www.leadcoin.net/downloads/

Proud not to include a Mac client.

Come on Devs - let's not support those who bully us!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:12:28 AM

what a stupid idea. basically you are alienating people who use mac computers. That's not a protest against Apple, that's just alienation of part of the community.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:14:36 AM

Apple makes it hard for people who own their products to use Bitcoin, so in response the community should do precisely the same thing?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:16:04 AM

Apple makes it hard for people who own their products to use Bitcoin, so in response the community should do precisely the same thing?

^^this.

what you should actually be doing is building MORE mac-compatible crypto software. That would, in essence, be more of a protest.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
thecarnie

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:52:16 AM

^^this.

what you should actually be doing is building MORE mac-compatible crypto software. That would, in essence, be more of a protest.

Agreed -- it would seem the only way to beat 'the corporations' is to push and pressure and beat them into submission - basically when there is enough bad press, they will cave in.  What you need is a Coin Wallet Army to submit the apps, and when they're denied, hit the press - citing the same allegations that Blockchain.info and others have claimed - unfair practices.  Eventually the backlash will haunt them into submission...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:43:23 PM

Given Apple's rabid and oppressive stance towards Bitcoin - why do Bitcoin developers persist in offering Mac wallet clients?

please notice that alt coin creators are not developers. they are 'cloners'

its much the same as calling a script kiddie, an elite hacker.

just because they are provided with a script and they maybe tweak 1% of it, doesnt make them talented

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
w1R903

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

please notice that alt coin creators are not developers. they are 'cloners'

its much the same as calling a script kiddie, an elite hacker.

just because they are provided with a script and they maybe tweak 1% of it, doesnt make them talented

I agree with this sentiment overall.  However, please note that the Litecoin and Peercoin/Primecoin core devs are in fact quite skilled*.  All of them are far better developers than I am, and I'm not a bad developer.  Also, at least one of the Litecoin devs participates actively in Bitcoin development (Warren Togami, who is also the founder of Fedora and creator of Spamassassin).

*There may be other skilled alt coin devs, these are just the ones I'm familiar with.

4096R/F5EA0017
glerant (OP)

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:36:42 PM

Better idea, why don't you stop posting this stupid shit across several boards?

~BCX~

You don't have to read the stupid shit!  Grin
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:51:41 PM

I believe that would be the objective of anti-Bitcoin forces at Apple.   Establishing and growing a base of Bitcoin software on OSX would put public pressure on Apple to open iOS to Bitcoin.   Removing that base eases the pressure.
ladycor

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:07:02 PM

So, hinder the success of bitcoin by being exclusive instead of inclusive?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: