Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Government It is Helping Bitcoin GROW  (Read 351 times)
waterman (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:36:49 AM
Merited by suchmoon (7), dbshck (4), paxmao (2), OgNasty (1), vapourminer (1), actmyname (1), Raja_MBZ (1), CristianOff (1)

In 2014 at the beginning of the Conflict Russia-Ukraine, The United States impose sanctions on Russia. None citizen of Russia could use their credit cards or debit cards (Mastercard and Visa) The Russian economy was strangled for the time that happened. The Russian wanted to have another way to use their money and have other currency instead of the dollar to trade internationally… the answer… make their own debit and credit cards and use Bitcoin.

In 2016 The United States made other Sanctions this time against Venezuela, all the Accounts in dollars in Venezuela were blocked and the people can not do any more international transactions and even the Citibank close their doors in Venezuela. Once again the people desperate to have a form of trading with other countries started to invest into Bitcoin.

This year not too long ago The United States banned Iran from the SWIFT system now the Iranians cannot use their dollars for international trade and they are investing millions into bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies.
Even North Korea a country that has many sanctions from  U.S.A it is beginning to show interest in bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies

Conclusion: Every time that the United States makes an Economic sanction of that kind against a country, it is weakening the dollar and helping bitcoin to grown… No wonder that Russia and Venezuela are in the top 5 countries that have the highest volume of bitcoins. And in a short time, I am sure that we will see Iran rising at least in the top 10

In the next image, the red arrow shows the time of the sanction in Russia and we can see that after 2014 the bitcoin volume starts to grow

In this graphic, we can see that immediately after the sanctions in Venezuela, the bitcoin volume grows

In the case of Iran's sanction is to soon to tell but it will surely follow the same pattern

Sources:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CKdE7v2w_cJooY3DhdTJzWfzhA_LQeU1mngLMWvP2j0/edit#gid=0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-imposes-new-sanctions-on-russia/2014/04/28/974c579e-ced6-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.30f57fa85bb0
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/visa-and-mastercard-enforce-us-sanctions-on-russian-banks-9209976.html
https://www.euractiv.com/section/euro-finance/news/putin-sanctions-visa-master-card/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5073999.0;topicseen
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article169319977.html
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-citibank-idUSKCN0ZS17X
https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 7137

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:54:44 PM

The situation in Iran is a bit different. You need to remember that Iran is an Islamic (Muslim country). According to Sharia law investing, speculating, gambling, making profit with interest is considered illegal. Bitcoin would in that case also fall in that category if you are buying Bitcoins in order to sell them later and make a profit.
But you are still right in what you are saying as I have also seen many headlines and news articles about Iranians considering to start accepting Bitcoin as well.
waterman (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:04:52 AM

The situation in Iran is a bit different. You need to remember that Iran is an Islamic (Muslim country). According to Sharia law investing, speculating, gambling, making profit with interest is considered illegal. Bitcoin would in that case also fall in that category if you are buying Bitcoins in order to sell them later and make a profit.
But you are still right in what you are saying as I have also seen many headlines and news articles about Iranians considering to start accepting Bitcoin as well.

There is an Iranian dude that uses bitcoin you should see his post. It seems that Iran it is more normal than we thought. cheers mate

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5073999.0;topicseen
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:53:59 PM

I was a bit shocked about the result on that image. Is that really a legit info? If it is then how is it possible that japan has one of the lowest trades? Are they not fond of introducing and using digital currencies? Although we know that they had all the technologies that are way more advance than the others and as well as their community is well managed. Is it because that their government doesnt support digitalization of currencies?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

That's so wrong; you probably aren't much aware of Islamic Sharia laws.

-Gambling? It's not allowed.

-Speculating/trading? Mostly not allowed but within certain circumstances, it's allowed.

-Investing? IT'S MOSTLY ALLOWED!

Buying bitcoin falls in the last category and there's no reason at all why it'd not be considered Shariah-compliant. Not sure about the top 10, but IMO, Iran will at least be getting into the top 15 soon.
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 7137

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

-Investing? IT'S MOSTLY ALLOWED!

Buying bitcoin falls in the last category and there's no reason at all why it'd not be considered Shariah-compliant.
But what type of investments? There are probably regulations for what type of investments are allowed and what isn't. I do know some things about the Shariah law as I have read about Islamic Banking in the past and know that Banks according to Shariah law are not allowed to earn interest from their clients.
I would be happy to see Iran adopt Bitcoin for everyone's sake but are you 100% sure that it doesn't fall into the gambling/speculating category? I am curious.     
MULTIK888

Activity: 123
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:32:02 PM

It looks pretty strange but really coincidences are too conspicuous.
The United States of America unwittingly pushes the price of bitcoin up. India is too poor a country sanctions against which will again push the price of bitcoin up, but most likely in 2019 closer to the summer we will see another sanctions list and the price of bitcoin should grow
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 01:31:43 PM

It is a little bit suspicious why the United States supports the hike of the bitcoin's price. I have a brief observation that the United States invested tons to Bitcoin and will take advantage once it gets there. I have a big feeling of Bitcoin to grow by the last months of this year. (IMO)

In 2016 The United States made other Sanctions this time against Venezuela, all the Accounts in dollars in Venezuela were blocked and the people can not do any more international transactions and even the Citibank close their doors in Venezuela. Once again the people desperate to have a form of trading with other countries started to invest into Bitcoin.
This most likely rich country do, countries having regulation and supports spike are simply greedy. They obviously do that because of they associate higher price with it to have a better profit. Because they only want profit when they cashing out into fiat, they didn't care the entire Bitcoin value.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4154

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 06:45:12 AM

So happy seeing my country Nigeria in top 10. Gives me joy. Since 2015 when bitcoin was introduces fully into the county through a ponzi biz that later fail the youths like myself have taken it upon ourselves to embrace bitcoin and educate other about the technology/currency hosting seminar day in day out. Before the year 2020 I believe will be among top3. We believe this is our ticket to financial freedom.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:43:49 AM

This topic is fantastic and more people deserve to see it.
I agree with everything that you say.
I don't remember who said it but, they said that
It's not the value of Bitcoin that is changing, it's the value of the Dollar that is constantly moving up and down

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5594

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:19:27 AM

I was a bit shocked about the result on that image. Is that really a legit info? If it is then how is it possible that japan has one of the lowest trades?
-snip-
Is it because that their government doesnt support digitalization of currencies?
It clearly states that the data was based on Local Bitcoins which was first introduced to the top countries, later to the rest.
Japan however, rarely uses Local Bitcoins to trade just like other Asian country (except China that has a huge population), trades in Exchange and Payment Processor internal trades are different story however.

Other possible reasons are: [1] there have been a more store/establishment-accepted digital coin in circulation (Monac***) in the country and Bitcoin is just one of their options.
[2] Yen costs a lot less than other Asian Counties and a way less in comparison to Dollars or Euro; to compete with trades done by other local fiat currencies, each Japanese LocalBitcoins user should spend more Yen to match the spent $ of just one American State.
[3] Most of them (including rest of Asia) are using Third-party wallet to send and Exchange to trade.
etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: