Print  
Author Topic: p2pBay  (Read 3029 times)
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:41:57 AM

Seriously, what is the deal with everything needing to be p2p? The currency is, that solves most of the issues. Ebay is popular because it works well and is a great system for auctions.

Agreed, I think a Bitcoin auction site might need to have at least a centralized aspect to deal with spam, escrow and gaming of the rep system. Check out my sig - I'm working on this and interested in connecting with collaborators.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 11:50:11 AM

You know, I’m starting to get the impression that the thinking around here is a little, shall I say, blockchain centric.

An eepsite centralised but can host databases.

Absolutely under no circumstance should this system rely on any centralized service.

PGP is an additional step that I think would sink any attempts to make such a thing widely used

Encryption would be transparent to the user.

The hard work would be on the GUI

I have many years of programming experience using wxWidgets (among others).

i appreciate all the answers you give yogi, as you observed our opinions are biased around a blockchain for various reasons... it's novelty and potential.
Any programmer can come grab the code and build on it, just like another forum member said, think at bitcoin protocol as a base for future projects. Can't remember his name.
I'm more like a hardware guy so i feel like shit not having the ability to code. You know how to do it go ahead, you will have our support. I can do translations, small user tweaks, graphics, user support, whatever  Cheesy

edit: i will be the first to donate some btc to whoever pulls out an alpha of this p2pBay style market

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 03:05:11 PM

Seriously, what is the deal with everything needing to be p2p? ...  Every single aspect of life cannot be anonymous and decentralized. sheesh.

True. Plus, it seems people here are not assessing priorities in a good way. There's no big issue with current e-bay-like markets. The biggest priority is exchanging bitcoin <-> fiat anonymously, IMHO.

If you want to dedicate hard work towards something, I'd say building a more anonymous and/or decentralized money exchange is where you should focus. There are some interesting ideas around here, like this and this, but all them need someone willing to do the hard work and to take the inherent risks, obviously.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 03:12:35 PM

Seriously, what is the deal with everything needing to be p2p? ...  Every single aspect of life cannot be anonymous and decentralized. sheesh.

True. Plus, it seems people here are not assessing priorities in a good way. There's no big issue with current e-bay-like markets. The biggest priority is exchanging bitcoin <-> fiat anonymously, IMHO.

If you want to dedicate hard work towards something, I'd say building a more anonymous and/or decentralized money exchange is where you should focus. There are some interesting ideas around here, like this and this, but all them need someone willing to do the hard work and to take the inherent risks, obviously.

same thing i'm proposing only use the same "wheel" not reinvent it, satoshi already did  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: