Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I close the Fit to Talk project?  (Read 762 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 08:31:13 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 12:23:24 PM by Jet Cash

If any of you guys who visit the project could make a quick post, then it would show the trainees there that they are getting some exposure as responsible members. I don't think the bots and the bounty spammers will join, as there are no merits for posting there, and no promo signatures allowed - although maybe I should change that for responsible members.

If the Brave browser affiliation and a few other promos generate a small amount of income, I can spend this on expanding the project. I'd welcome any ideas  about this.

I suspect I need a few helpers to boost the activity, and I'm not sure how I can reward them.

Re: opening the project to a broader membership. I'm not too keen on this. My primary objective is to help non-English speakers in emerging, or under-developed countries to adopt Bitcoin and other cryptos, and I believe that this fits alongside the Bitcoin Talk philosophy.

[ADDITION]
This is the sort of problem I've been having with registrations. I have a new member surfing with a Russian IP and a Russian email address, but who states he is Austrian. He isn't a member of Bitcoin Talk, and obviously hasn't read the registration agreement before submitting his application. What a waste of time for both him and me. He can't post until he has a post count of one, and that seems to be a good way of blocking these guys to see if they joint Bitcoin Talk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:57:30 PM

Why I can't open a new thread in any section of FTT ? Have only Notify and MarkAsRead as options.

Just wanted to check it someone has seen the new Bob Lazar documentary but I can't open a thread? Do I need to rank up there too? Wink Is there a whitelist or something?

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

Why I can't open a new thread in any section of FTT ?

It was so that you would bump this thread. Smiley

Really sorry about the problem. I changed the permissions so that newbies couldn't post, and I upranked everybody who had made at least one post. Unfortunately, I seem to have messed up the permissions for a couple of ranks. You should be OK now.

The idea was to restrict posting to people who had made at least one post, and that put newbies on hold. I add them to the member group 'verified' when I have established that they really are Bitcoin Talk members. I made you a verified member, and I sorted the permissions for post count rankings, so you should be good to go on either count.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:37:25 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Why I can't open a new thread in any section of FTT ?

It was so that you would bump this thread. Smiley

Really sorry about the problem. I changed the permissions so that newbies couldn't post, and I upranked everybody who had made at least one post. Unfortunately, I seem to have messed up the permissions for a couple of ranks. You should be OK now.

The idea was to restrict posting to people who had made at least one post, and that put newbies on hold. I add them to the member group 'verified' when I have established that they really are Bitcoin Talk members. I made you a verified member, and I sorted the permissions for post count rankings, so you should be good to go on either count.

I think you have to double check your permissions. Wink
Same thing as the last time, I was thinking of opening a new in the General Discussion but I ended up there :

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 07:55:14 AM

It looks as if I need to plan out the whole permission structure. These Russian spammers are a real nuisance. In the meantime I made you a moderator. This should get over the problem in the short term.

I'll have a look at signature permissions as well, and I'll try to enable them for senior members. I might move avatar use into the shop, and make that section active.

Thank you for your patience, and I apologise for the difficulties.

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:22:00 AM

In the meantime I made you a moderator.
Sweet. No worries, I won't abuse my position.Wink

Spammers are everywhere, so it's completely normal to have issues. On my personal blog, I've disabled the comments because of the constant spam sh!t from all those bots out there. . I'll add captcha and solve the problem when I have more free time ( and will ).
Back on the case, I'll check it out now, but I guess if I'm moderator then the things will be fine. Smiley
I'll come back with more input.

lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:18:16 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Hello Jet Cash,

I know that the post is out of context of the topic, but I don't know where to post it appropriately.

I visited your site (https://bitcointunes.com/about.html), and found some typos.
You should fix them all when you have time.

You can help me to mintain this site by viewing it using the Brave browser. It's faster, and it hs improved security nd privacy. If you don't know about the Brave browser, then please use this link - Read about the Brave Browser here

Best regards,
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 04:34:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up, and I'll fix those asap - probably tomorrow.

I seem to have so many things on the go at the moment, that I decided to open a help desk. I put it on my Block Error domain, but I've still got a bit of customising to do, so I haven't added it to my sig yet. The link is -
Block Error - The Jet Cash help desk.

I've got a bit caught up with the Crypto Coin Tree investment club, and my pathetic attempts at in channel trading.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:35:40 PM

@lobcmt2, I normally sort out the corrections for fittotalk. I used to like the huge posts people put there in their semi-accurate English, it was quite fun to correct them too.

As I understand it the bitcoin tunes site is mainly a thing under development so I'll let him know about this but the point of my post is that three of us would review the one post so it was really accurate.

I'd like to see more people joining there. The other languages side of things seems to have hit a snag but I still check ftt on a weekly basis to see if there's anything requiring corrections.

Edit: he's already arrived.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:01:27 PM

Thanks Jack -it's my fat fingers that are the problem. I try to pretend that it's a dodgy keyboard, but people seem to suspect the truth. Smiley

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:21:09 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Thanks Jack -it's my fat fingers that are the problem. I try to pretend that it's a dodgy keyboard, but people seem to suspect the truth. Smiley

I agree.

"This is how I bought" is a great rap video about buying Bitcoin. Click the link below to wtch and listen to it on YouTube.

Some consider "Ode to Saroshi" to be the officiaal Bitcoin song. Whetheryou agree with this, itis still a great creation, and I enjoyedlistening to it.

"Blame it on Mt. Gox" is song about the woes of the bear market, which put some blame on Mt. Gox

The gift of Satoshi Nakamoto to the world. An anti central bank song aabout Bitcoin

Please change the OP also, so that it can encourage more people to join.

I am alive
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:43:35 PM

@r1s2g3 you missed out the rape recorder...

And that's a good idea. Start adding links to threads about this thing. It's not the easiest thing to find since it's not the landing page of fittotalk.com you have to add the english-talk to it.

FFS another almost self made legendary Jet Sad.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:49:58 PM

I've made those changes, and thanks guys. I know I need to go through the linking and other stuff like that. Maybe I can do that over the week end.

Given my penchant for typing "r"s instead of "t"s, I'm surprised I didn't type "Bitcoin runes" somewhere. I could do with some Bitcoin runes to help with my embryonic trading ventures.

I'm not sure if I should be awarding merits for the help, but what the hell, It's bumped the Fit to Talk thread anyway. Smiley

lobcmt2

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:09:01 AM

This help desk looks good for crypto enthusiasts, especially crypto newbies.
I seem to have so many things on the go at the moment, that I decided to open a help desk. I put it on my Block Error domain, but I've still got a bit of customising to do, so I haven't added it to my sig yet. The link is -
Block Error - The Jet Cash help desk.
The song, Ode to Satoshi is the most favorite one song in your bitcointunes store.
Thanks for collecting all those amazing songs.

Some day, we might see the Jet Cash Store, in which bitcointunes gives crypto enthusiast big collection of crypto songs. Why not?
lobcmt2

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 02:58:03 AM

I visited the site today, typos have been fixed completely.
Well done, Jet Cash.

By the way, I would like to know that whether Brave browser is better than Tor browser or not.
Better in some following criteria:
- Faster loading speed.
- More privacy.
- More secured.
Can you give me some recommendations with your experience with Brave browser, please.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 02:13:40 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2019, 02:51:51 PM by Artemis3

I visited the site today, typos have been fixed completely.
Well done, Jet Cash.

By the way, I would like to know that whether Brave browser is better than Tor browser or not.
Better in some following criteria:
- Faster loading speed.
- More privacy.
- More secured.
Can you give me some recommendations with your experience with Brave browser, please.

This is offtopic so I'll be brief: Brave is Chromium based, while Tor is Firefox based.
Any browser can use Tor when configured correctly, but Tor browser bundles Tor and it comes per-configured for privacy as well.
Brave uses its own altcoin (BAT) which can be used to pay or be payed for viewing sites, it also has a referral program.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:15:03 PM

The Brave browser is Chromium based,but it includes a Tor window with DuckDuckGo as the default search engine.
I don't use it all the time, but it estimates that it has saved me 19 minutes since I installed it.

Re: The Fit to Talk project. I've managed to fix Audacity. Windows had changed an internal setting to protect my privacy. This was in the April "downgrade". I'm getting desperate to dump it and switch to Ubuntu using the SSD I bought a month ago. I daren't take on any more projects though. I will try to add some audio files soon, and then you will be able to hear me using received English to talk to you.
Fit to Talk has been pretty quiet recently, and I may open it to a wider audience than Bitcoin Talk. I'm really keen to try to get some interaction between people living under oppressive regimes. I'm starting to think that includes England. Smiley

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:08:13 PM

Can you use bridges with the brave browser tor window?

It'll be interesting to see if you can get some of your old projects up and running. did you get anywhere with accorders again it might be interesting to try and use that with a few people.
It'll be good to see "talker" posting again on fit to talk too. You could use some of the very helpful content mbyzico (I think that was his name) gave us about venezuela.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 02:03:39 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Can you use bridges with the brave browser tor window?

It'll be interesting to see if you can get some of your old projects up and running. did you get anywhere with accorders again it might be interesting to try and use that with a few people.
It'll be good to see "talker" posting again on fit to talk too. You could use some of the very helpful content mbyzico (I think that was his name) gave us about venezuela.

I haven't tried the tor tab within brave (i do use brave for certain tasks) but can't seem to figure where you configure it. Ironically obfuscated bridges are needed in Venezuela to visit censored pages, without that its useless, direct tor connections are blocked by the Maduro regime.

Also i don't particularly like each browser spawning (yet) another tor instance, to me its simpler to configure a proxy pointed to tor (polipo).

Re: The Fit to Talk project. I've managed to fix Audacity. Windows had changed an internal setting to protect my privacy. This was in the April "downgrade". I'm getting desperate to dump it and switch to Ubuntu using the SSD I bought a month ago. I daren't take on any more projects though. I will try to add some audio files soon, and then you will be able to hear me using received English to talk to you.
Fit to Talk has been pretty quiet recently, and I may open it to a wider audience than Bitcoin Talk. I'm really keen to try to get some interaction between people living under oppressive regimes. I'm starting to think that includes England. Smiley

If you revive the Ubuntu thread, I can help you with that as well. What is holding you back? Are you set on Ubuntu or still considering alternatives?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:58:50 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2019, 09:29:35 AM by Jet Cash

If you revive the Ubuntu thread, I can help you with that as well. What is holding you back? Are you set on Ubuntu or still considering alternatives?

Thanks for the offer. My main problem is not wanting to cope with the disruption in switching my main operation from Windows to Linux.I use Ubuntu on the Netbook, and have done so for many months. I ran a Bitcoin node on it, and recently set up a Dash node, but I' still a bit undecided about Dash. I've been looking for alternative software in preparation for the move, and texting some of it. For example, I've used Irfanview for years, but there isn't a Linux version. I've found an alternative, and I'm comfortable with it. Many other utilities such as Audacity and Brackets have Linux variants, so I don't expect problems with them.

I decided on Ubuntu Studio because of the content producing software that is included in the installation package. Having most of the packages that I use installed automatically should be a great help in the switch. I planned to remove the HDD from the notebook, and replace it with the SSD. I can then do a clean install of Ubuntu. The Widows HDD can go into a case for connection via USB. This should let me access any files that I need. Does this sound like a good plan?

@JackG re:accorders. I still like the concept, and now that I have regained the use of Audacity, it could be restarted. I've even got an unused VPS hosting plan for it. The revision of the software licensing fees put me off its implementation. Given the current flux in Bitcoin Talk, I don't feel that I want to commit to a monthly fee for the project. I'll see if I can create a halfway solution through FtT.  I've got quite interested in Forex scalping, especially with Bitcoin, so there might be a bit of a delay in my introducing these enhancements.

[PROGRESS]
I made a quick recording a few minutes ago. It's straight off the cuff with no editing, enhancements or anything else. It's in McD with background music, so I would be interested to hear some opinions. It's mp3, and the file is a bit larger than I would like, so might have to  look at some compression methods. - First audio test of Blue Yeti

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: