Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Buy the dip" is only a strategy for losers  (Read 25221 times)
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:40:41 PM

How can the dip be a new lower level for bitcoin if the coin was from less than a dollar?
dip is just an ordinary thing in the crypto market even in stock exchange,
all we need is to calm down and make sure everything will be okay with our own strategy,.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:45:54 PM

I wouldn't be so rude as to call them loser, they are simply broad strategies that serve everyone, in any event, if you don't know more, the best thing to do is hodl, that's better than losing your money in bad investments or bad trading, that's why people recommend so much that, because if you have faith in cryptos sooner or later you will win something.

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:55:14 PM

I was the one who have been hooked on "buy the dip" thing. Well, I bought bitcoin by 10k$ and since that time it never came back or gone higher.
BigBrother

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:14:59 PM

Prices fall and then rise again. It's cyclical and always has been, always will be. This is not the first time bitcoin has dropped so low that no one expected it. But after this he was able to grow again and rise to a record level of its value. Now bitcoin has fallen in price again and it will definitely rise, it's just a matter of time.

JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:29:19 PM

This strategy is used by many people. And in most cases it is very successful. Therefore, you can not call such people losers. Especially as for bitcoin, it is a good investment and people are right to buy it.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:37:15 PM

Buy the dip is not the strategy of losers. It is a strategy of those who take every opportunity to earn. Bitcoin has been existing and catering to the public for at least a decade. That means it has already weathered so many dips in that 10 long years of existence. And not only dips, it has also weathered deaths. But then it has also successfully broken its All Time High records one after another. And right now, we are again confronted with the same problem that existed even at the get-go. So, do not be too emotional. Do not be like a child whining every time there is a dip. It is an opportunity for a bigger take in the next days and weeks.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:49:18 PM

This buy the dip strategy is hard specially for the new ones since they will have a hard time determining if its the dip or not. Its better to say buy low and sell high, you buy when the price is low then sell when it reached your target. But in this bear market, I will not set a high target like 10% or even higher. You might fall in a trap and cant recover anymore.
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:57:08 PM

I will never stop buying the dip as it is one of the best strategy before the rise or moon of crypto.
Many people telling those buyer of dip are wrong or loser. but look whose talking?
They are the people who buy tokens or coins at the middle of bull run which they can't get the maximum profit.
And mostly, they are the one who left behind holding the crypto while the market are already down.
Finestream

Activity: 2996
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:58:20 PM

This buy the dip strategy is hard specially for the new ones since they will have a hard time determining if its the dip or not. Its better to say buy low and sell high, you buy when the price is low then sell when it reached your target. But in this bear market, I will not set a high target like 10% or even higher. You might fall in a trap and cant recover anymore.
Right.Many have been confused about buying in dips especially for newbies.It's more easy to have buy low and sell high strategy as many of us here are really doing this.I think this strategy can be very helpful to avoid more losses with the current down market and be able to gain profits in the future once the price has reached new peaks.This strategy will only be hard to do if you don't have a capital onhand.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 11:23:00 PM

i know that since bitcoin came out in 2010, buy the dip is just a lie to attract new capital into the market, to achieve the stability of being a selffulfilling lie

AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:30:46 PM

You know why others saying that buy when the value is low or dump because they or we experience  before on that happening so that is why we keep patient and positive. We know soon it will rise again and this is not the first time that happen bitcoin is always dumping but if you have patient you will earn. Buy when the value is low and keep patient.
Binauf
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:51:40 PM

You really can't say it's as a result of less FOMO people that bitcoin has been down for a while. Buy the dip partially benefits holders because how much flat do you always have to buy the dip all of the time?  The strategy benefits the whales and day traders

Solarex ICO         Powering African Project         Solarex ICO     
Disruptive, Decentralised and Democratised  Solar Energy Ecosystem
JRoth

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:05:26 AM

That's just what happens when the bubble bursts. I had the wrong impression and lost value but I'm still holding, I think this is not the end for BTC.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:29:52 AM

We see it every time Bitcoin goes to a new lower level.

Bitcoin "believers" will hurry to say "buy the dip" and "just wait it will come back"

Reality is that every dip is a new lower level - and after that comes another dip...and another.

In the beginning of 2017 very few people had Bitcoin - and therefore the price could quickly move up as a large number of people with zero financial understanding started buying Bitcoin.

Now a large number of people with zero understanding has Bitcoin and price moves down - there are no more new fools to get into Bitcoin to ever pump it again.

"Buy the dip" is something only fools believe - and as can be seen in here there are unfortunately many fools in here who do not understand that their money is already lost
yes, I agree with you. it's better now to monitor price movements and buying when prices go down and sell when prices rise, thus earning a profit. I hope you buy according to your ability so that when the price drops you don't lose all your money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:39:06 AM

I partially agree with you IF Bitcoin stays down... which it could. It also might rise up again, perhaps more slowly if there is more adoption. However, "buying the dip" in of itself (not related to BTC) is often a valid strategy with experienced traders in other markets. Hasn't seemed to work out so well in the Bitcoin market yet.

Have a great day!
The Cyberius team.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:06:48 AM

I think there are so many strategy for the losers. But buying on dip is really the best one, buying on dip is just like getting a new opportunity to earn in the near future. Because I believe that the crypto coin price or maybe the crypto market will not going down forever. Time comes that it will bounce back and we can really gain on it if we trust and buy more of it on this dip.

Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 06:23:47 AM

You are so wrong ,remember that when buying coins quantity matters ,if bitcoin is at 3000$  and I'm able to get my hands on 1000 pieces of ripples I will be thankful compare to if bitcoin is at 4000$ ,that's 1000$ difference ,I won't be able to get 1000 pieces of ripples ,buying dip is better and if it dips more I will still buy more ,think about those who bought bitcoin at 17,000$ ? The difference is clear

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 07:22:22 AM

Nobody knows for sure where a buttom of a dip is, so if the price looks good enough for you and you feel that it can raise in the future and bring you a nice profit, just "buy the dip".

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
bagalkot

Activity: 85
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:43:20 AM

Nobody knows for sure where a buttom of a dip is, so if the price looks good enough for you and you feel that it can raise in the future and bring you a nice profit, just "buy the dip".

What you are telling is true but you have to see the market and when ever you see the market is going down more like 5% or 10% then it is good time to buy as it will surely bounce back at least 2 to 5% back up and this way you can trade and lower your purchase price. This is the only strategy working in buy the dip
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:22:32 AM

I don’t agree, when shall we buy Bitcoin if we don’t buy the dip? I believe you know that in trading, we should buy low and sell high. Are you able to propose when will be a better time to buy Bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: