Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:11:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a religion  (Read 1336 times)
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:30:02 AM

In religion there is no doubt that will be questioned, but the habit of bitcoin investors is not like that. Their trust is only limited to expectations, not a certainty. Mereks is only able to predict the price of bitcoin based on the history that has occurred and they believe in the potential that bitcoin will give to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheWalkingCoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

What for make bitcoin is religion, just hold is not have faith for bitcoin, you can understand many people only give lucky time with holder of bitcoin because the future of bitcoin is good and have higher price, not as religion for bitcoin.
sudeshkumar

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:09:24 AM

Bitcoin should not be compared with the religion,as Bitcoin deals with the external materialistic world where money is involved and loss and profit are the rules of the game whereas , religion is dealing with person internal world where love blossom compassion feelings take better shapes.So it would be better if we restrict our discussion to the Bitcoin only.

━    ━   ●    Introducing     ►    Bluenote.world    ●   ━    ━
━    ● ▌   The Leading Blockchain Solution to a Zero Emission World   ▐ ●   
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:12:16 AM

Bitcoin is a religion
Gold is a religion

jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:56:19 AM

When I was thinking this post, I saw your point because in a religious is is focusing on the faith, and faith means believing in to something that we did not see, and same here n the bitcoin world we expect and we believe to something will happen even we did not see something.

flemming_s

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

If the "cult of Bitcoin" has signs of religion, then only negative and extreme signs. Bitcoin, like the financial sector, should have nothing to do with the religion at all. This happens only because of people's ignorance and unwillingness to understand the subject themselves, when people start to just believe in something and rely on others. Does this make any sense? In my opinion, Bitcoin should be a financial tool for profit, but not a religion.
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:55:14 AM

religion is a form of core belief that is not centered on a form that cannot be determined. they come spiritually and clearly this cannot be equated with an economic perspective especially bitcoin.

I always see the development of the current situation and find many arguments and even sentiments that can always be fundamentally accountable.

If you equate this perspective with people who really only see passively, I am sure that is true, but I will also believe if they will eventually learn more using logic analysis that has a clearer form.

Anyone still investing in Bitcoin clearly does not have the ability to use logic analysis

Joe, why do you even buy into the language of these 'cultists', Bitcoin was never an 'investment', it was always speculative gambling, a 50/50 roll of the dice, which by definition is a fools game.

Even Satoshi's own white paper uses the rule of 51% F=2*P-1, where P is probability of a win, when it's 0.5 you bet zero, any other bet is a moron bet. Satoshi, uses the same 'law of large numbers', to prove that if 51% of a group are 'good' then the 'virtual currency' can be trusted, and that's fine and dandy, but long ago BITMAIN became 99% principal producer of mining hw, and thus 51% is just another urban-myth that is kept alive in the minds of the flock.

Investing is getting sure thing ROI on your money.

Back in the day MINING bitcoin was ok, but that game is long over, in fact the entire crypto space now no longer makes money mining, so now the only game for the exchanges and other leaders of this cult to fleece the flock is to get them to BUY VIRTUAL-CURRENCY, which can only be spent in Heaven, as they MUST wait to spend their VC and HODL.
I do not agree if bitcoin is equated with religion. but many people agreed. they are lali with his religion. so they consider bitcoin as a religion. bitcoin is not a religion but bitcoin is a cash that can make money. and many people believe in religion.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:08:54 AM

Read the Bitcoin "investors" in this forum and you always see them say the same: "I believe..."

- I believe Bitcoin will go up
- I believe HODL is good
- I believe we will see adoption
- I believe it will go to the moon

and so and...and so on.... and so on

You have no understanding - only belief

Therefore Bitcoin for many people in here is a religion - it is about belief and not about facts and understanding

And religion is an extremely poor investment strategy
Stupid ,how did you say that religion is only a belief?theres a bible or scriptures that can prove things happen in past so thats not just a believing but a reality,everything that God and Jesus does is written in tablets and scroll so you have no rights tl say or compared this to cryptocurrency because it doesnt even relevant

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:53:20 PM

Read the Bitcoin "investors" in this forum and you always see them say the same: "I believe..."

- I believe HODL is good

Therefore Bitcoin for many people in here is a religion - it is about belief and not about facts and understanding

Who said belief means religion?

Just replace Believe with Hope from all your statemtns then it will become an investment,because investments are made with the hope of prices will increase in the future.So its actually okay to hope and invest on it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:00:54 PM

It is not appropriate to think that bitcoin is a religion, even though you consider trust as the basis of these two things, but actually the beliefs in question are very different.
You say that all bitcoin investors have the same trust, but I see that is not true, because there are actually many who try to leave Bitcoin, and investors who are still sure they will always try to convince others to stay.
reynald70

Activity: 598

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:14:13 PM

It is not appropriate to think that bitcoin is a religion, even though you consider trust as the basis of these two things, but actually the beliefs in question are very different.
You say that all bitcoin investors have the same trust, but I see that is not true, because there are actually many who try to leave Bitcoin, and investors who are still sure they will always try to convince others to stay.
Yes, it's true, religion and Bitcoin are very different, maybe here believing in Bitcoin is not believing in worshiping, but only limited to believing in the potential of Bitcoin in the future. It is clear that Bitcoin is something that does not belong to a belief such as believing in Religion.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:28:31 PM

everything in life takes faith. you could not even accomplish anything on your own if you don't believe in your self. whatever one believes in it is from his heart and nobody can take it away from him. facts that we see and know right now regarding bitcoin are just facts, and achievers and more successful people in life first picture it in their mind and believe it in their hearts and it happened. every successful inventions, the inventors first conceived them in their mind and believed they are going to make it with out seeing anything at first.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:41:02 AM

There might be a bitcoin fanatics or avid followers but it is not necessarily a religion because this people are not worshipping it. They only believe in bitcoin's ability to help them financially but not to save their life. Those people who always thinking that bitcoin will go up again in the future are merely speculating but not praying. Religion involves life while bitcoin counts only money.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:31:24 AM

There might be a bitcoin fanatics or avid followers but it is not necessarily a religion because this people are not worshipping it. They only believe in bitcoin's ability to help them financially but not to save their life. Those people who always thinking that bitcoin will go up again in the future are merely speculating but not praying. Religion involves life while bitcoin counts only money.
Yes, that's right, I'm here believing in Bitcoin's ability to make people rich because bitcoin can increase prices, but we don't worship Bitcoin like worshiping Religion, so start thinking sane. Because Bitcoin is a tool for profit, while Religion is our savior for provisions in the hereafter.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 04:00:47 AM

Therefore Bitcoin for many people in here is a religion

No. Just no.

*Praise be

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
hen cet

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:01:27 AM

Bitcoin should not be compared with the religion,as Bitcoin deals with the external materialistic world where money is involved and loss and profit are the rules of the game whereas , religion is dealing with person internal world where love blossom compassion feelings take better shapes.So it would be better if we restrict our discussion to the Bitcoin only.
Bitcoin is a digital currency, so it is related to material. While religion is related to the creator, so that  bitcoin is not a religion.
Bitcoin is a business that deals with profit or loss, depending on the results of trade or investment.
priselive

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:20:21 AM

metaphorically, it can be argued, but is it really so, I doubt it, because this coin does not fill us spiritually, it makes it possible to be financially filled, people believe, and want to get a lot of money due to the growth of Bitcoin, but they do not express those emotions that would usually express when praying to God. Faith - but artificial, because I really want to .... but prickly.
Maady
Copper Member

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:19:18 AM

Religion lol. new comers like me, may be. you should see BTC  vs BCH lovers fighting eachother over any discussion. for them its more than religion lol but on a serious note for early adopters its pretty simple, they believe in Math.
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:54:07 AM

- I believe HODL is good

Bitcoin as a religion seems to me to be too far-reaching statement. However, the fact is that people often use the term "believe", but probably not in the category of faith. Although probably some of these people treat cryptocurrencies as a religion. It seems to be a mistake, because if someone engages in investing in currency based only on faith, he makes a very big mistake, which can be very expensive.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

there are some people who are acting as a cult member and spreading some believe thing about BTC, but BTC is not a cult or religion, there are a lot of other people who are thinking BTC as investment, or thinking BTC as scam, or thinking BTC as a currency - you cant insult their concept by tagging BTC with some cult freaks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: