Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 08:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huntercoin Economics  (Read 650 times)
DelayedChoice (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:25:08 PM

Newbie here...

Could someone explain if / how Huntercoin economics are the same or different to that for other altcoins?

On the one hand I'm thinking that the human miners will just collect then sell so currency will devalue albeit fighting with the deflationary nature of the coin production may counter that. So it might simply remain about the same value.

On the other hand Im thinking that this could be a game changer. I mean if populous low labour cost countries adopt / use Huntercoin because the people can earn more than they can in the sweat shops making phones or trainers or whatever then they are going to start using the currency amongst themselves for trading, hanging on to it and its value will soar. Pkus people enjoy playing games (I know HUC is more like chess on a bigger scale 512 x 512 vs 8 x 8 and its 10ooo+ players vs 2 players!)

Any thoughts?

xxeyes

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:53:19 PM

That's a great question.  I have noticed that the value of Huntercoin appears to be more independent from Bitcoin than most Alts.  It has remained relatively steady during the wild down and up swings in Bitcoin value these past few weeks.  This was even noted in an International Business Times article:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dogecoin-down-mt-gox-theft-has-knock-negative-effect-all-cryptocurrencies-1437787

I wouldn't have expected it, but Huntercoin may turn out to be one of the most stable cryptocurrencies.  I've posted before that I think it is significantly undervalue given its significance as the first human-minable cryptocurrency.  My prediction is that we will eventually reach a tipping point of people discovering the coin and playing the game.  The coin will find enough supporters to promote it to rise sharply to its true value, somewhere amongst the other innovative coins like Mastercoin, Nxt, Namecoin and Counterparty, where it will then remain relatively stady.
DelayedChoice (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:40:45 PM

THanks xxeyes. Cool. I think so too. Apologies if I posted twice. I need to update this old laptop of mine!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: