Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a white/asian thing?  (Read 2940 times)
bitcoinsbitcoinsbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:27:43 PM

I wonder cause I don't see much darkies involved in bitcoin, most people who seem involved ATM are either white europeans and americans and eastern asians.
so why are other races not involved in bitcoin? is it cultural? or they just don't care?

Huh
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:40:34 PM

I wonder cause I don't see much darkies involved in bitcoin, most people who seem involved ATM are either white europeans and americans and eastern asians.
so why are other races not involved in bitcoin? is it cultural? or they just don't care?

Huh

you have no clue what race people are. all you can see is black text on a white background. not the skin colour of the person typing..

every country is involved. you pretty much covered the 2 main continents north america, eurasia and we all know south america, africa and australia are also involved. so which country are you missing?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitcoinsbitcoinsbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:46:18 PM

Huh

you have no clue what race people are. all you can see is black text on a white background. not the skin colour of the person typing..

every country is involved. you pretty much covered the 2 main continents north america, eurasia and we all know south america, africa and australia are also involved. so which country are you missing?

Just look at bitcoin conferences, just look at famous people in the bitcoin community, I only see whites and some asians.
I know there are some dark coloured people in bitcoin but they are a very small minority yet america's black population is 15% and I saw no black in any kind of bitcoin conference.

all I see is asians from china, japan, south korea, singapore and such and whites from europe, north america and south america who are into bitcoins mostly that's a FACT

yet nothing prevents other races to get on the bitcoin bandwagon and I find this strange
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:46:55 PM

Bitcoin is around for people who want to make money mostly. Color of skin means nothing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:06:01 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 01:18:23 PM by franky1

this thread is going to turn into a clone of the "why are there no women in the community"

i am now both laughing and yawning at the fact that there are many people of different skin colour and gender in the community.

so whats next, hire a black guy to walk around the conferences, just to have the "token black guy" that movies like to have, simply to show their ethically diverse.

.. stepping back to the topic question..

there are people of every skin colour, go check out the african bitcoin meet-ups. the detroit, alabama, brooklyn, meetups. basically any place where you think black people hang out to, like their media produced stereo type hang outs, and there you will find what you are looking for.

if you are yourself black and you feel that your skin colour is not represented by the community. then tke these two points onboard
1. you dont need representation in bitcoin, its faceless.
2. if you want representation, represent yourself.

bitcoin is not about gender or colour. its about money.. we all want it, we all need to use it. only government statisticians care about gender and colour, and we are not the government.

oh and ill just leave you with these little gems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PniYLwE0DKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpkS6lysaB4

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Beef Supreme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:06:18 PM

Huh

Darkies?

A forum starts going to the dogs when people like you start posting.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:08:31 PM

It is right now.

But remember, slavery was very much a "white" thing too for most of history, and than we abolished it and instead adopted wage-slavery, which is equal-opportunity exploitation.

I'm sure bitcoin will spread to all the other races, ages, genders, and sexualities in time, as FIAT wanes and crypto waxes. My true hope is that crpyptocurrency makes everyone realize how absurd and cruel capitalism is, and we use the newfound liquidity of currency to equalize the global north and global south into one worldwide standard of living, helping feed the 850 million malnourished human beings on Earth.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

I'm brown! Cheesy
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:15:03 PM

Corrupt African officials use it as a payment system to launder money, not as a store of wealth.  Grin

Ever noticed how most African countries are not hostile to bitcoin? It's because many of their elites are using it to launder money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:16:39 PM

A regular buyer of my mined coins happens to be a black guy. Another regular buyer is Hispanic. Due to the fact that I only have 2 regular cash buyers, should I be thinking that the representative Bitcoin buyer is 50% black and 50% Hispanic?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:17:33 PM

Don't feed the trolls.
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

Yes  Cheesy

btw how well is your mining going, good for you must be a great op.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

Pre requisite is tech savings to some degree
Btc adopter demographics broadly appears to reelect this

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:24:41 PM

A regular buyer of my mined coins happens to be a black guy. Another regular buyer is Hispanic. Due to the fact that I only have 2 regular cash buyers, should I be thinking that the representative Bitcoin buyer is 50% black and 50% Hispanic?
No, but you should probably assume these two guys are drug dealers, that's why they're buying in cash!  Grin

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:32:34 PM

Huh

They might be more interested if there weren't idiots talking about "darkies" on bitcointalk.

64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:53:41 PM

A few months back there were some news items regarding African and Philippines based NGO's experimenting with BTC as as a way for overseas workers to remit back money to their home country. The point being to put more money into guest workers pockets through bypassing Western Union et al. .
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:02:54 PM

It is linked to demographics with access to technology.  Pale-skinned people that live in poor, rural communities and trailer parks will be slow to adopt bitcoin as well.
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:14:05 PM

Huh

Well, lots of Hero Members and staffs here are Dakies, and your the systems problem starting up a thread like this..
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:27:40 PM

Once non asian illegal immigrants catch on to it, they will be using it to transfer their funds to their home countries, which will probably result in bitcoin getting fucked in the US  Shocked     
xb0x

Activity: 181

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:29:56 PM

It is just for all and its bad to discriminate on that basis Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: