Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NYZO] Nyzo (Nyzo.co) | Proof of diversity | Fairly distributed | Original  (Read 7205 times)
rumpel_tusk (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2019, 01:17:39 AM by rumpel_tusk

The Highly Efficient Blockchain for Everyday Spending

Fast: 7-second block duration
Scalable: can support thousands of transactions per second
Sustainable: includes a plan for immunity technological obsolescence
Democratic: will be 100% community controlled within one year
Open-source: all-new, concise, readable code
Secure: blockchain is independently mathematically verifiable

Nyzo was developed from the ground up to explore blockchain technology in an approachable, accessible manner. The source is simple and easy to read. The design of the blockchain and mesh are also simple and clearly explained in the white paper. Instead of layering complex fixes on top of a flawed design or adding elaborate features, we focused on the foundational technology of the blockchain to build a system that just works.

Nyzo uses a collaborative verification system that requires neither proof of work nor proof of stake. There is no mining. Simply participating in the Mesh gives a Node the opportunity to verify transactions, and the queuing system is designed so that transaction fees are distributed equitably to all participants. Very little computational power is required of a node, and having superior computational power will not allow a node to gain a larger share of transaction fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:56:52 AM

Looks cool, gonna check it out.

So you only have to run a $7 a month AWS server full-time in order to receive coins? Nice
aidenmoss

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:00:01 PM

Is this the official thread?
rumpel_tusk (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:14:47 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2019, 02:19:48 AM by mprep

Looks cool, gonna check it out.

So you only have to run a $7 a month AWS server full-time in order to receive coins? Nice

Yes. Using the specifications we have provided on our Github, you'll be paying around $7-$10 per month for one instance on AWS.

Is this the official thread?

There are a couple more floating around, but this is to be considered the official thread.
aidenmoss

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

Where can we see the proof of diversity code?
rumpel_tusk (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:33:10 PM

There is a link to our Github in the ANN.
aidenmoss

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 01:05:12 AM

There is a link to our Github in the ANN.

Is there a specific java file that refers to how the "queue" or waitlist of verifiers waiting to join in are handled? I assume its not only to do with timestamp, but some more variables.
Share14

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:36:39 AM

It looks so great Smiley

I am a novice here

I wonder what the differences between Nyzos and other blockchains, how do you promise the Nyzos will be more produced and more diversity?

There is no very speciality for the beginners? I think that would be hard to keep the mesh going

Is that mean 2.7million Nyzos will be given, and that would be more equitable to split, can u tell me the approximate Nyzos I can get in 6 years ? Is there a formula kind of?

What is Nyzos final goal?
facewithtearsofjoyemoji

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:08:59 PM

I've put together a guide on how to set up a Nyzo node easily and securely, with some extras on getting it to work properly.
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

liotmaan

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:39:53 AM

Nyzo is best
nyzo

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:14:46 PM

I have still waited for response from NYZO team about the block duration (7 seconds).
HOpe that the team will reply soon.
7-second block is too fast and risky for the network's health.

I haven't seen any emails come in with questions about the block duration; even checked the spam folder. If you would like to converse over email, could you try to send it again? The email is nyzo@nyzo.co. I personally enjoy the theoretical questions immensely.  Smiley

Also, if we'd like to carry on the conversation here, I'll start.  Wink  With a proof-of-work (or proof-of-just-about-anything blockchain), a 7-second block time would be a bad choice, in my opinion. I'd enjoy the engineering challenge of trying to make it work, but I think that you would be dedicating so little resources to any particular block, due to the amazingly short duration, that it would result in an unnecessarily weak system. Thoughtful engineering can only do so much to overcome a fundamentally poor design.

Proof of diversity is very different, though. In most blockchains (speaking very generally here), we use cryptographic signatures to secure transactions, but then we use proof of some sort of resource (computing power, hard drive space, with some modulations like proof-of-stake) to secure the blockchain. In proof of diversity, we also use cryptographic signatures to secure the blockchain. We have rules that govern how quickly we allow new verifiers into the blockchain, and the only valuable signatures are the ones produced by verifiers that have managed to get into the current cycle.

Not only does proof of diversity provide a clear definition of which keys may sign blocks, it also provides a clear order in which those keys must sign blocks. We have a scoring system that defines the optimum block for any height, and we have an automatic consensus system that allows the verifiers to agree which block to "freeze" at a height. When a block is frozen in Nyzo, that block is final and cannot be removed from the blockchain. In order to freeze a block, we must have 75% of in-cycle verifiers vote for that block (to avoid a less-than-50% sabotage of the blockchain, there is a manual override for this down to 50%, but that would be an exceptional circumstance). Nyzo verifiers don't start working on the next block in the chain until the block before it is frozen, so if Nyzo is extending a version of the blockchain, that version of the blockchain has 75% or more of the weight of the cycle behind it. Whether this is done in 7 seconds or 10 minutes doesn't have any effect on the strength of the blockchain.

There are some very real engineering issues associated with such a short block time. I'll save discussion of those for another post, though.  Smiley
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:30:32 AM

if I'm not mistaken Nyzo doesn't do pre-sale, ico or other sales and also doesn't do mining. so I'm confused, how can I get Nyzo, what should I do?
dddrgonzooo

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:33:46 AM

if I'm not mistaken Nyzo doesn't do pre-sale, ico or other sales and also doesn't do mining. so I'm confused, how can I get Nyzo, what should I do?

You can set up verifiers. Instructions are on github: https://github.com/n-y-z-o/nyzoVerifier/blob/master/README.md

There’s also an otc channel on the discord.
thomsanpig

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:17:43 AM

I've put together a guide on how to set up a Nyzo node easily and securely, with some extras on getting it to work properly.
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

which command should i have to set the wallet KEYs ?
liotmaan

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:13:07 AM

STILL BEST COIN
aidenmoss

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

How long is the wait to get into the mesh? I have been waiting a long time now.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:41:53 AM

To complicated.  Undecided
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:00:11 PM

It is exciting, following since long even before this thread.
Seems promising but agree its complex for new users to get the coins, if they don't want to buy.

Where I can see details like whats current supply, what will be total supply, block reward, supply emission, earning per node(calculator)?

Also, can we have simple guides to set up nodes for all operating systems so that more and more users can overboard?

Also, lets say currently network have 500 nodes, what if someone start next 5000 nodes, at that point they will have control of nodes over 75%, can they hack the blockchain to write in blocks whatever they want. Is it possible and if yes, how it can be handled.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
nyzo

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:38:13 AM

I'd suggest starting with the white paper. We still need to get a lot more documentation out there, but the white paper lays the foundation. For instance, there is no block reward, because there's no mining. We have transaction fees only, and we have "seed transactions" to bootstrap the blockchain until organic transaction volume is sufficient to make verification worthwhile.

To address one specific question, though, all verifiers are only allowed in by the current cycle of verifiers voting them in, and the rate is strictly controlled by the proof system. At a cycle length of 500, fewer than 13 verifiers can join the cycle per day, and the rate at which new verifiers can join decreases as the cycle length increases. So, if order for someone to take over the cycle, the current verifiers would have to actively vote in the person trying to take it over, and they would have to do so for a very, very long time.
thomsanpig

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:42:22 AM

can i use Virtual host? is it have to work on vps?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: