Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NYZO] Nyzo (Nyzo.co) | Proof of diversity | Fairly distributed | Original  (Read 7205 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:05:11 PM

I am a complete Newbie when it comes to setting up a masternodes, Is there a video on how a lady like me can join in with this? I really want to try it out but I am technologically challenged in two areas of Crypto, Masternodess, and Mining.  Can you also tell me the full cost of this exercise monthly and if someone is based in Europe, can they still join in? I love evenly distributed projects and I would love to be able to join it but when I read the Medium post I got totally lost with all the technical jargon. I am a dummy when it comes to masternode technology. I would really like to try it though, it would be embarking on something totally new in my crypto career as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:15:46 PM

I am a complete Newbie when it comes to setting up a masternodes, Is there a video on how a lady like me can join in with this? I really want to try it out but I am technologically challenged in two areas of Crypto, Masternodess, and Mining.  Can you also tell me the full cost of this exercise monthly and if someone is based in Europe, can they still join in? I love evenly distributed projects and I would love to be able to join it but when I read the Medium post I got totally lost with all the technical jargon. I am a dummy when it comes to masternode technology. I would really like to try it though, it would be embarking on something totally new in my crypto career as well.

I do not think there is any video tutorial about this coin miningg or verifier but the tutorial here https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/  is very understandable because it involves step by step processes of setting up the verifier however the major thing to understand here is how to use SSH protocol via ubuntu server.

@OP, how do i add my unique web address to the setup in order to receive payment ?
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:09:15 PM

i need some infos to run the validator (don't know how to compile). Is it similiar to a miner?
Have you tried to follow the instructions located on their website: https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/
Everything is described in detail for the operating system Ubuntu 16.04
i have windoz
CryptoGirl.y

Activity: 623
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:56:33 AM

i need some infos to run the validator (don't know how to compile). Is it similiar to a miner?
Have you tried to follow the instructions located on their website: https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/
Everything is described in detail for the operating system Ubuntu 16.04
i have windoz
There is no instruction for the Windows operating system yet, but I hope the developers will soon think about it and give us the opportunity to install a validator under the Windows system.
FoBoT

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:08:39 AM

I need a help, i have read this article https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/ over and over but i do not see how i can add my wallet through the  SSH protocol
Please explain how to go about convert column here https://nyzo.co/keyTool also.
panagot

Activity: 577
Merit: 314

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 12:02:15 PM

You can join Nyzo's discord channel

https://discord.gg/XN4F8Xj

It has sub topics
General-help-development-faq-price discussion e.t.c

Provide a little Bitcoin with bitfortip.com to give the incentive for people to search for you online in order to win the bitcoin reward.
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:28:28 AM

You can join Nyzo's discord channel

https://discord.gg/XN4F8Xj

It has sub topics
General-help-development-faq-price discussion e.t.c

^^^^^
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 11:34:54 AM

is it possible to have a validator for windows already compiled?
panagot

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 07:53:17 AM

Mobile and desktop wallet will be out soon.

Provide a little Bitcoin with bitfortip.com to give the incentive for people to search for you online in order to win the bitcoin reward.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:10:23 AM

Impressive amount of work visible in the github since announcement. This is rare for a small projects, who often just do initial commit, and that's all.  The only thing is that bitcointalk activity is too small. If project has some future (I hope it has, as I see a real work done) it also needs to be promoted more !
panagot

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 12:28:33 PM

Impressive amount of work visible in the github since announcement. This is rare for a small projects, who often just do initial commit, and that's all. 

Indeed.

The only thing is that bitcointalk activity is too small. If project has some future (I hope it has, as I see a real work done) it also needs to be promoted more !

I've noticed a trend lately that active talk for many project has moved out from Bitcointalk to Discord and Telegram channels.

thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:31:46 PM

I've noticed a trend lately that active talk for many project has moved out from Bitcointalk to Discord and Telegram channels.

For some discussions probably yes. But you need to attract people to these channels first, and bitcointalk is still one of the popular resources where much people interested in crypto appear every day.
FoBoT

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 03:46:34 PM

This project has one of the best model of distribution but the process of acceptance into the payment cycle can not motivate new members to create a node.
The last time I checked i saw over 1000 servers waiting to be accepted into the cycle and got discouraged.
I strongly belief that more investors shall come in when you make the acceptance into the cycle automatic.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 04:37:59 PM

dosent seem to have much marketing tho : /
year and 1/2 old coin, only 3 pages on the ANN thread Sad
did this even hit an exchange?

i think you should LOOK at the commits before saying theres work done lol

Impressive amount of work visible in the github since announcement. This is rare for a small projects, who often just do initial commit, and that's all.  The only thing is that bitcointalk activity is too small. If project has some future (I hope it has, as I see a real work done) it also needs to be promoted more !

theres like one a month for the last year : /

https://github.com/n-y-z-o/nyzoVerifier/graphs/commit-activity

and only a web wallet, yuck

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
markovonline

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:00:23 PM

The community has no interest in this project from what I see. Although considering how much time he already “works”, this is surprising. Could invest in marketing a little, otherwise it will not work.
iwbinb

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:42:54 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2019, 02:29:50 AM by mprep

https://github.com/n-y-z-o/nyzoVerifier/commits/master
The code is updated by version. The frequency with which versions are updated is very good, and if you look at it over a long period of time, you'll know that almost every version is very useful.

The community has no interest in this project from what I see. Although considering how much time he already “works”, this is surprising. Could invest in marketing a little, otherwise it will not work.

no interest?As if you were in the countryside and thought nobody was interested in Tesla.
As far as I know, people who have known NYZO are very surprised by his innovative consensus algorithm and feel refreshed. And immediately set up the verifier. More than 10,000 independent IP waiting server in mesh, choose about 6 newer verifier to cycle a day.

NYZO is the latest and most innovative project.
Not PoW or PoS, NYZO is a completely innovative consensus algorithm. The verifier consensus is that the verifier is selected from the queued node server. Currently, there are more than 10,000 independent IP servers waiting in the queue, and about 6 new verifiers are selected to cycle every day. Currently, 1050 verifiers in cycle now.
NYZO decisions need to be voted by more than 50% of verifiers in cycle, the real 1CPU 1vote, this may be the real decentralized governance, you can not rent POW to attack, only to become a verifier, from more than 10,000 independent IP waiting server, choose about 6 a day.
cryptobtcnut

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 02:04:38 PM

Wow, so much misinformation in one post from a Legendary member.

Firstly, its not even a year old coin yet, mainnet launched in September 2018.
Secondly, it's listed on qtrade and a couple other exchanges.
Thirdly, you should LOOK at the actual commits and what they contain. One version = one commit. There has been SEVEN new versions this month. In April there were also SEVEN new releases.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:16:48 PM

This is not copy/past coin where everything can be cloned in in few days from wallets to exchange which can not just add coin as that, but code whole support for it

Also marketing was not done as its started as test project and not P/D shit coin which 99% users are used to own and have

Will it produce something usable one day, I have no idea, project is so unique its really hard to know, but i can bet 99.999% shittcoin we seen each day even the on in top 100 marketcap will never be anything more then p/d scams

Atm devs are working on GUI non web wallet, some members are too working, but so far priority was verified stability and 95% works have been done there, who are they we don`t know, we only know it was side and maybe soon main job for them

For verifier stability and optimization in past month a lot was done, even if its coded in java it now works for more then 1000+ verifiers in mesh and more then 10K+ in queue with no issue, we don`t have idea how premine distribution will be done in full, atm its 20M for transactions that verifiers collect and bounty for any issue with codes, past that we gona see

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
panagot

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 11:57:51 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2019, 02:36:09 AM by mprep

Nice NYZO Infographic posted on discord channel.

An iOS and Android wallet for the Nyzo cryptocurrency.

https://github.com/mocomaco/Nyzo_Wallet

nEglibb

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 08:14:43 PM

What do u think about this (from medium: https://medium.com/@nyzoco/the-nyzo-mesh-time-and-diversity-as-a-currency-85c676631516)

What is Nyzo?
Nyzo is an open-source initiative. The network is decentralised, democratic and highly efficient. The block time is just 7 seconds and the system scales perfectly to high transaction volumes. This is not yet another copy-paste fork: this is not a derivative of another project, and it is not just a few new features or a slight design change from other projects. This is an entirely new codebase, built from scratch to be the most efficient, most democratic, easiest-to-use cryptocurrency in the world.

Time as a currency
Proof of diversity requires active participation in the form of time and verifier behaviour in the blockchain to be allowed to exert a certain influence on the system as a whole. The proof-of-diversity blockchain uses verification cycles to establish the authoritative form of the blockchain. This is not proof-of-work, and it is not proof-of-stake. It is a completely new consensus mechanism that relies on diversity of participation for strength. While proof-of-diversity has its own concerns that must be addressed to ensure integrity of the blockchain, it is immune to the attacks and problems inherent to proof-of-work and proof-of-stake systems and at the same time very efficient.

The basic concept of proof-of-diversity is simple: The verifiers take turns producing blocks in a circular order, creating a cycle. Some simple consensus rules ensure that verifiers are neither added nor removed from the cycle too fast. (To read the specifics we recommend reading the Nyzo whitepaper and subsequent release notes)

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*UY3F0hCq4ZXepI6LZWRT4A.png

How blocks are produced (above) — How new nodes join the cycle (below)

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*KNbYxny6GzWFT4iQiUDbcg.png
For a detailed overview, read the Nyzo design methodology by @jimtalksdata

While the consensus mechanism is called “Proof of diversity”, the result of proper diversification of verifiers stems from the consensus rules which are actively put in place and agreed upon by the network.

One key aspect in the case of Nyzo is that it requires a certain amount of time for a node in the queue to join the cycle. As previously mentioned, the open attack vector embedded in the classical proof of work consensus system does not care about time, it cares about calculations being solved, a definitive action with instant gratification for the miner participating. Here is where nascent altcoins whom decided to use the proof of work system are at risk, the immediately gratified nature of one entity’s influence on a network poses a real and unforeseeable threat to the health of the network and integrity of the blockchain state.

This stands in sharp contrast with the modus operandi of Nyzo and proof of diversity in general. In the case of a bad actor trying to gain control of the cycle in order to perform a blockchain reorganisation he must either acquire access to 50% of the private keys of the verifiers in the cycle or join the cycle repetitively until he has garnered 50% of the total verifiers in the cycle.

Each verifier in the cycle is capable of voting for a new queue node to become eligible to join the cycle, as in a democracy. Once the blockchain rules dictate that a new verifier is allowed to join the cycle, the top voted verifier who has more than 50% of the cycle verifiers voting for him is granted allowance to enter the cycle. By default the verifier automatically votes deterministically random for a verifier in the queue based on the last (50-block incremented) block hash resulting in an automated, unified and yet individually generated vote.

In the case of a bad actor trying to gain control over the cycle by adding new nodes to the queue there are several advantages stemming from the consensus mechanism as a whole, let’s take a look at a hypothetical scenario.

There are currently 10,000 queue nodes waiting to join the cycle and there are 1000 in-cycle verifiers, the amount of nodes allowed to join the cycle is currently 7 per day.
The bad actor first has to get a probabilistic advantage in the queue in order to join the cycle faster. Let’s say that the actor manages to successfully spin up 20,000 nodes, hereby gaining a 66% chance that he will join the next time.
The actor will now have to wait 30 days before all his nodes become eligible of joining the cycle at all, this preventive measure ensures proper resilience against botnets, proxies and credit card fraudsters looking to solidify their illegally-funded servers into a currency.
The 30 days have passed, during these 30 days the Nyzo community has had the opportunity to witness one entity spin up a large amount of nodes, they are able to respond before even a single node of the actor makes it in. (In the defense of the actor, he could choose to drip feed his nodes to become active over the period of one month, resulting in a 45 day incubation period.)
We have now reached a point in time where the actor has made a substantial investment to attack the network and has not earned anything by doing so.
The estimated cost at this point (20,000 * 4 dollars[30d]) = $80,000. A fair estimate considering the cost of servers and the intrinsic value of an IPv4 address.
The actor has piqued the interest of people involved with the project whom are able to respond to his actions.
Let’s say the actor is very lucky, nobody of the community took action and his nodes are now eligible to join the cycle at the same 66% advantage rate he had before. There are now 1210 (1000 + (7*30 days)) nodes in the cycle. At this point we drop down to 6 new additions a day.
Let’s say the actor is yet again very lucky and nobody of the community has noticed the actor’s nodes joining, resulting in the same advantage rate throughout the whole process from here on as well.
The actor is getting in +3.6/7 nodes every day.
After a week, +25/42 nodes.
After a month, +100/160 nodes.
After a year (still at the same unimaginable status quo!) +1200/1920 nodes.
At this point in time the attacker has spent more than one year of his time, there are currently more than 3000 nodes in the cycle and he has yet to reach the 40% mark. The attacker has spent more than $1 million and 1 year of his time and has not been able to attack the system.
The unpredictability of actions imposed by the network participants through blacklisting or other preventive measures makes the proof-of-diversity consensus mechanism fully resistant against such a bad actor.
In the mean time the attacker has figured out that he can in fact earn some Nyzo for participating in the network and make profit from participating instead of destroying the thing which earns him money.
The incentive structure ensures conformity of all network participants — the detectable nature of a blockchain re-organisation, the unrealistic luck in favor of the actor in this story and the ever-changing status quo make a 51% attack on Nyzo an unrealistic, time-consuming and costly feat.
As you can see, the power of time is immense and the implications on classical proof-of-work systems can not be overlooked.

Environment friendly
If all that was not enough to convince you of the implications of Nyzo and the proof of diversity system, we have one more advantage lined up.

By leveraging highly optimised and well structured code in combination with historical block consolidation techniques the node’s technical requirements are at a bare minimum. A verifier is capable of being ran on a low-tier Virtual private server. This results in a negligible CO2 emission which stands in sharp contrast with the current Bitcoin network and proof of work in general.

A chain resistant against attacks and environment friendly both at the same time? Get involved and run a node!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: