Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the state of ETH now in terms of scalability?  (Read 327 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:36:51 PM

I haven't been following the eth news but heard some negative stories about its scalability problem and there are better coins i.e. EOS. Is it true? There has been also talk about POS type verification which apparently not happening yet. Difficulty has dropped substantially looking at difficulty graph at bitinfocharts. Any news worth hearing in regards to technical development and progress? Thanks.,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:47:42 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is on the way and it is renamed to  "Serenity". Vitalik presented on the conference in Prague
the upcoming development upgrades and it seems the scalability issue will be solved as they are expecting
x1000 higher scalability. One of the expected features is the pure POS consensus as well.

Enzos

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:15:35 AM

EOS simply cannot be compared to Ethereum. It's like Ethereum is faster than Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is still the king of cryptocurrency. Ethereum can now collapse at any time, and perhaps the future Ethereum will become a stable coin.

ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:32:22 AM

EOS simply cannot be compared to Ethereum. It's like Ethereum is faster than Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is still the king of cryptocurrency. Ethereum can now collapse at any time, and perhaps the future Ethereum will become a stable coin.
What is the justification of collapse? Technical reason, articles? THanks.,
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:33:01 AM

Ethereum 2.0 is on the way and it is renamed to  "Serenity". Vitalik presented on the conference in Prague
the upcoming development upgrades and it seems the scalability issue will be solved as they are expecting
x1000 higher scalability. One of the expected features is the pure POS consensus as well.

I heard about POS  alot but then also some articles popping up about POS issues. I am not sure how it is faring. Thanks.,
Igor.J

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:34:57 AM

That's exactly what ether as a coin dies, and new forks are being developed, where they solve the problem of scalability. Vitalik goes in the wrong direction, this is the path to nowhere.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:50:02 AM

it has been over 2 years that ethereum developers keep promising to solve the scaling problem while failing to do so because they know that it is not something that they can solve. the design itself is broken and ethereum is fundamentally flawed and that means it cannot be fixed.
so far what the developers and everyone else has been interested in has been profit and they achieved that by pump and dumping so nobody cares about it anymore.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

eth only experiences price declines, will never die, it's just that price reductions are enough to make all the holders want to sell them to buy more better altcoins like eos, but that is no guarantee of a good investment in the future, I still believe eth will improve

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
kidbounty

Activity: 1064

HELENA

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 03:00:21 PM

now ethereum is still not stable. because until now eth still has the possibility to fall deeper. regardless of whether the POS is correct or not, currently ethereum prices are difficult to get back up.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:00:30 PM

eth only experiences price declines, will never die, it's just that price reductions are enough to make all the holders want to sell them to buy more better altcoins like eos, but that is no guarantee of a good investment in the future, I still believe eth will improve
Ethereum will never die. I think the price decline does not occur in eth only but for all altcoins that experience it. I also believe, just like you. Ethereum can still be trusted for the future. Eos is also not the right choice for investment at this time.
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:02:08 PM

In January 2019 will be a new major update was appointed in which the team promises to increase the transaction speed to 1000. This will be very powerful update.
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:04:43 PM

This issue is in the first place for the development team. They are already preparing an update on the network and the team began to implement their ideas that pony postponed for the future. With such a strong development team, Ethereum definitely has a future !

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

I haven't been following the eth news but heard some negative stories about its scalability problem and there are better coins i.e. EOS. Is it true? There has been also talk about POS type verification which apparently not happening yet. Difficulty has dropped substantially looking at difficulty graph at bitinfocharts. Any news worth hearing in regards to technical development and progress? Thanks.,

I see ethereum still not stable. and my advice if you want to buy it better, wait until the price is really cheap. buying now is very risky because some experts say that if the price of bitcoin falls again then all altcoins will fall even worse than this.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
vettyra

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:30:41 PM

EOS is one of Ethereum's current competitors, Ethereum has many disadvantages when compared to EOS from Consesus Mechanism, Transactions Per Second, Transaction Fees.

And then Vitalik Buterin answers all issues with Ethereum 2.0 combining these key projects:

- Proof-of-stake (Beacon Chain, Casper FFG)
- Sharding
- eWASM

If EOS can achieve instant, free and millions of EOS transactions per second, it will be very difficult for Ethereum to match that level of performance. However, if Ethereum can implement ‘Proof of Stake’, ‘Sharding’ and ‘Plasma’ successfully, I think it will be tough for Ethereum alternatives to pass Ethereum.

I think we need a year to determine who will be superior, i hope Ethereum 2.0 can provide a new life for Ethereum.
Avri Susanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 03:34:10 PM

I think ethereum 2.0 is just bullshit. if it's true that it will be launched they should have done that for a long time. but in reality it is only a promise that doesn't know when it will be realized. the only thing right here is the price of ethereum has no hope of going up.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:02:05 PM

as far as I know, the team of the ETH is working very hard on this issue and I am sure that soon we will see the news that the problem of scalability is solved

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

Scalability is still crap on ethereum, if it doesn't recover soon then expect to be taken over by tezos or cardano. These are built up from zero and have major funds to develop it properly

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:16:02 PM

For now everycoin's future just based on the bitcoin price improvement because most of the time people uses bitcoin as reference to invest on any crypto currencies and the technical feature of any coin is not a matter to the crypto investors and traders just because we are here to make money from the crypto currencies.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:06:10 PM

ETH currently cannot be used as a role model, but that does not mean there is an altcoin that is better than ETH, such as the XRP which has taken second place, but I am sure the ETH condition will recover soon and take its position again
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

Well i personally think that january, febuary and even march will be the months of eth dominance and it will attract huge volume and investments due to upgrades, scalability solutions, switch to pos algorithm all these are big enough developments that cannot be ignored and i think eth will not only get the limelight but also hype and fomo due to these upgrades resulting in surge of price so now is the best time to buy and hold more and more eth.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: