Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad vibe in Texas  (Read 5015 times)
corebob (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:01:20 PM

From the videos I have seen from the Texas conference so far I get the feeling that there is a bad vibe throughout the whole conference.
Earlier conferences that has been held in Europe and other places, you get the feeling that everyone is in wonderland and everything is up for grabs.
Also with all the lawyers and legislators coming in, talking about how we (the community) have to expect this and that from government ect.
Sometimes I get the feeling I'm being talked down to as if I was some kind of clever but naughty kid.
Its just a bad vibe to the whole thing.
What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d(o_o)b

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:10:58 PM

Yeah, I think Texas has a lot to lose if the dollar tanks. The global elitist banksters are catching on that their days are numbered and they think they can stop it by regulating Bitcoin. Or at least stall it long enough to get the totalitarian dictatorship police state locked in. I think Texas is a main hub of that action. Unless they secede.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

As a native New Yorker, I think Texas has always had a bad vibe. I've hated that place since it spewed forth that halfwit George W. Bush.

Austin is cool, though. We should save those people, they are not gunslinging caveman troglodytes like the rest of the South.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:14:42 PM

Yeah, I think Texas has a lot to lose if the dollar tanks. The global elitist banksters are catching on that their days are numbered and they think they can stop it by regulating Bitcoin. Or at least stall it long enough to get the totalitarian dictatorship police state locked in. I think Texas is a main hub of that action. Unless they secede.

US government is not afraid of bitcoin at all. They could crash this tiny market to sub-decimal levels on a whim.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:15:27 PM

I don't know about Texas, but there's definitely a bad vibe on this forum.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
andyBernard

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:22:18 PM

we are at stage where it can easily collapse (and government may want it too) ... or government may want it to "kind of" survive so they can milk it for taxes
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

That's just Texas.

Maybe a lot of them lost money to MtGox and they just were in a bad mood.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

Free Talk Live was broadcasting live from the TX BTC Conference last week and they were reporting on how successful it was. You can check the podcasts from last week and see for yourself.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:59:42 PM

As a native New Yorker, I think Texas has always had a bad vibe. I've hated that place since it spewed forth that halfwit George W. Bush.

Austin is cool, though. We should save those people, they are not gunslinging caveman troglodytes like the rest of the South.

Ah coastal liberals, you can always count on them for making the most racist statements anywhere, while simultaneously talking about how open minded they are and how evil it is stereotype groups of people.
deltanine

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

Think again.  Texas has a stronger Libertarian streak than most other states.  Where are all the elitist banksters operating from?  Well from this guys state:

Texas doesn't have Ben Lawsky actively researching the best ways to regulate Bitcoin.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

texans would have a bad vibe.

they live near BFL. and were unable to visit the company to get units they ordered
they live near trendon shavers and were unable to slap him across th face with a wet fish to get their funds back.

most of the texans are all mouth but no action thus their negativities grow in their mind because they dont act out on what they have opinions about.

apart from the daily onslaught of newbie scammers in the community. i love bitcoins, and i know it has a big future

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

New York is so much bitcoin friendly with its bitlicence scam. Wall Streets has nothing to hide or lose with bitcoin taking over.
http://www.dfs.ny.gov/about/press2013/virtual-currency-131114.pdf
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

That is why the CORE name of Occupy Wall Streets was called Occupy My CowBoy, Texas being the main hub of finance and all... Grin
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

I don't know about Texas, but there's definitely a bad vibe on this forum.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

THIS.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:38:49 PM

LUTZ Of course you would think liberals have your best intentions in mind ( either party really for that matter ). I also love how you coastal people think your so brilliant and the best of the best. You shit stinks just the same as everyone elses.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

I was at the conference and I thought it was great.

Personally, I was experiencing a bit of physical discomfort - it was colder than I was expecting (March in Austin should be WARM!) and my allergies were knocking me on my ass (this I should have anticipated and prepared for).

Despite my sub-optimal state, I made some interesting contacts, caught up with some friendly and familiar faces, and left ready to throw myself into a dozen more new and exciting projects.

Still around.
BruceFenton

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:45:30 PM

I was one of the speakers.

I didn't get a bad vibe...it felt exciting and optimistic like any other Bitcoin conference.

I had a lot of fun and made some new friends.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

Ah coastal liberals, you can always count on them for making the most racist statements anywhere, while simultaneously talking about how open minded they are and how evil it is stereotype groups of people.

"Texan" isn't a race.

corebob (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:47:37 AM

I was one of the speakers.

I didn't get a bad vibe...it felt exciting and optimistic like any other Bitcoin conference.

I had a lot of fun and made some new friends.

I appreciate that.

I won't pass judgement as I wasn't there myself, but I realize that my oppinion might be tainted by the fact that I think the right thing
for bitcoin is to continue growing from below.
Thousands of small businesses is a stronger scheme for bitcoin than a few multi-national investor groups owning the lot,
even if that means a lower marketshare and coin price.
Then again, I have only seen a few videos so far.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:39:32 AM

US government is not afraid of bitcoin at all. They could crash this tiny market to sub-decimal levels on a whim.
Yeah, like Afghanistan.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: