Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If all altcoins die, only Bitcoin is left, will it rise X100?  (Read 929 times)
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 12:15:30 PM

Lets check the market caps for this.

BTC Dominance: 53.9%

So lets count the other tokens doesnt listed on cmc or doesn't set their market cap and say %50 btc dominance.

That means not x100 raise only x2.

vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:17:18 PM

Why hope for growth? Buy what is growing now!

Monoeci (XMCC)
$0,103817 USD (148,10%)  Roll Eyes
0,00002599 BTC (150,08%)   Roll Eyes

https://masternodes.online/currencies/XMCC/
Daily income
$0.4199
0.00010617 BTC
1.7411 XMCC

Weekly income
$2.9394
0.00074321 BTC
12.1877 XMCC

Monthly income
$12.5973
0.00318517 BTC
52.2330 XMCC
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:20:22 PM

even though that won't be possible, if bitcoin becomes the only cryptocurrency that survives, the price will be very stable and won't be as expensive as now, price increases and decreases won't be as fast as now, like the dollar, bitcoin will have the same turnaround
that in my opinion
Which would mean, it is hard to have profits then because as you said, the prices may not increase or decrease that much. That time, maybe, we can be using bitcoin as how we use fiat.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:29:04 PM

Obviously if there will not be any other competitor all the volume will be directed towards btc that will give bitcoin the boost, the attention and hype resulting in big pump for btc, but such scenario is very unlikely for now.
If all the investment will turned into bitcoin yes it will boost up the value, that happen when bitcoin is just starting over in terms of impacts coming from alts since the industry are already growing finding or diverting assets divide the money which is far better if everything are invested inside and confusions won't
make newer investors doubt this new digital currency.
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

No, I don't think that way. I don't think all the altcoins will die anymore. Because every day a new project is released. And the number of new altcoins in the market every day is increasing. Because the market needs altcoins too as well as Bitcoin. We cannot evaluate the entire crypto world only through Bitcoin. So even if I don't think that it will happen, if all the altoins die someday, Bitcoin price will have a fall instead of an increase.
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:43:22 PM

if we go back to that situation, it is clear that Bitcoin does not have a high price, why Bitcoin reaches a high price, because many projects entrust themselves to using the Crytpo system using Bitcoin, which becomes Bitcoin to the top
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

Lets check the market caps for this.

BTC Dominance: 53.9%

So lets count the other tokens doesnt listed on cmc or doesn't set their market cap and say %50 btc dominance.

That means not x100 raise only x2.
I mean if that happens it means bitcoin is not going anywhere neither. If god forbid something happens to all altcoins it means bitcoin will be affected from it as well and will probably be a lot lower in price than it is today if even exists at all. What could possibly happen that would make bitcoin go up in price whereas it also kills all the other altcoins? I can't think of any reason that could happen.

It would be really world ending type of stuff that goes around that can manage to kill all these altcoins that is run by p2p systems. You would have to pluck every single person that is using those wallets and exchanges as well from those coins to manage that. If you can manage that, there is no bitcoin too, something that destroys 2000+ coins won't stop when its bitcoins turn.
brixbounty

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:19:35 AM

In my opinion, altcoins contribute to the development of bitcoin and the growth of its value. But on the other hand, the lack of alternatives and the limited number of coins will increase the value of the coin because of the small offer.

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

these are already two non-separable parts of the cryptocurrency market. bitcoin and altcoins. if Bitcoin die, cryptocurrencies will not survive, and I also think that if altcoins will die, then bitcoin cannot exist alone

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Crypto_Samuel

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

Some of the altcoins are backed by existing working projects. So the question is too hypothetical, as for me. If all cryptos die, they all die. BTC won't be an exception. Such an unlikely scenario anyway. They can fall in prices, that's true.
Dondont

Activity: 446

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 11:03:12 PM

We know, at the beginning of crypto, there was bitcoin as only one crypto. If we return to that situation, will Bitcoin rise sharply?
Does Altcoins have a more positive impact on Bitcoin or will it weaken Bitcoin?

if this really happens then there are only 2 possibilities, bitcoin rises sharply or drops sharply and both have a 50:50 possibility because as you say. there are no other coins as price balancers (altcoins). Because most likely people start to be careful and afraid of bitcoin being a fraud. So if most of them choose FIAT it will make price decreases so sharply.

Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:29:41 PM

To me I don't think if all altcoins die will help Bitcoin to grow x100,as a matter of fact,having different altcoins has made the crypto sphere more interesting.
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:36:05 PM

Bitcoin can be stand alone and yes bitcoin was the lead and number one coin and of course it will still alive and it will never die and to those altcoin not all of them will die but some of those lack of investor and not enough knowledge  those are one of dying altcoins but not all will die.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:43:32 AM

We know, at the beginning of crypto, there was bitcoin as only one crypto. If we return to that situation, will Bitcoin rise sharply?
But assuming that starts to happen, I think a lot of people at first will be scared. You just wake up in the morning altcoins begins to disappear in the market from the lowest and going up the list everyday, you would be afraid and will even withdraw the money you have in Bitcoin cause you will think Bitcoin will do the same. But after all the altcoins are gone and Bitcoin is still there and at a cheap rice, a lot of people will rush it and within few days the price will multiply in huge numbers and price will be very high.
qualitywork

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:04:26 AM

I think this question is irrelevant, all altcoins wouldn't die. At present, altcoins are very much related to bitcoin, so they would continue to function along with bitcoin.

Ofcourse, you are right. Such questions should be ignored because altcoins is what investors are focusing more than Bitcoin, because they want to buy it for cheaper prices and wait for long-term which will be successful after few years. Eth is very popular in altcoins and most of the transactions are in progress as well. Functioning only in BTC will not give you a good profit, competition should be there in any field.

mistersehmuz

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:07:45 AM

This kind of scenario is impossible. If all altcoins die, Bitcoin will die too. But if one day we see this situation, not only 100x but even 1000x is possible.
kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:09:57 AM

To be sure, i don't really know what will happen if there is no other crypto than bitcoin.
I think future is all mystery, no one will know for sure what will happen, it could goes like last year where the price of bitcoin rise so much or even has no value at all. We all doesn't know that.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:12:13 AM

of course, the value of bitcoin will not be the same as this time. a lot of altcoins that keeps popping up because of this and the bitcoin adopt also makes a bitcoin can continue to be great. When altcoin all negated the value of bitcoin will also remain stable and can not be very large and may even be crypto will also not unheard of up to now.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:14:46 AM

They say monopoly brings the price up but I do not think this is applicable with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
There were already many altcoins when it soared to $20K.
Eventhough some altcoins are trying to directly compete with Bitcoin, its value does not depend on competition with other cryptos.  
frchowe214

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:56:11 AM

In that very unlikely scenario bitcoin prices will certainly rise because there is demand for a decentralised currency in countries like venezuela where their government has no control over inflation due to incompetence

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: