Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:49:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about privacy coins?  (Read 146 times)
Kamil__ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:28:42 PM

Hello everyone. I am a quite new person here. I wonder what do you guys think about privacy coins? This is a very interesting  topic for me as private / anonymous money is one of the fundamentals that I believe Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to achieve. 

What do you think is the future of the privacy focused projects? Are they worth attention? What might be the pros and cons of them? What privacy coins do you use? What coins do you recommend and maybe what coins you don't like and wouldn't recommend?

Please share your opinion! I am very curious about that as I've got some private cryptocurrencies on my radar, but first would like to hear from you. What's your perspective, experience and predictions?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

I think Monero is one of the most reliable. One of the important ones in the market. But there is still a lot to be done. Like the market, privacy coins are very young.
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

I've never really checked privacy coins, i only know that the "king" of them is Monero (XMR), but there are so many new privacy focused coins out there that's impossible keeping track of them.

I'm a fan of privacy coins but in the end we Buy and sell things still mostly in FIAT, so i only see speculation arount it

Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:36:15 PM

Hello everyone. I am a quite new person here. I wonder what do you guys think about privacy coins? This is a very interesting  topic for me as private / anonymous money is one of the fundamentals that I believe Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to achieve. 

What do you think is the future of the privacy focused projects? Are they worth attention? What might be the pros and cons of them? What privacy coins do you use? What coins do you recommend and maybe what coins you don't like and wouldn't recommend?

Please share your opinion! I am very curious about that as I've got some private cryptocurrencies on my radar, but first would like to hear from you. What's your perspective, experience and predictions?
in my opinoin it os better to wait untip they appear and judge only at that time as we can not kbow untill we try it
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:37:21 PM

I've never really checked privacy coins, i only know that the "king" of them is Monero (XMR), but there are so many new privacy focused coins out there that's impossible keeping track of them.

I'm a fan of privacy coins but in the end we Buy and sell things still mostly in FIAT, so i only see speculation arount it
i think that this can be a good idea and you are not alone who likes this kind of things atvteh  ryptocurrency world
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:41:06 PM

Probably worth investing but pick the cheap ones like XSPEC or Deeponion. The Ubuntu community started to give attention to PIVX lately that they are developing wallets as this is just what I've read.  They are not actually from the darkweb but seem like they are also into blockchain projects right now. I don't shill for them as I don't have any PIVX but this is just what I've read recently.

Avri Susanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 01:53:18 PM

the privacy coin that I know is monero (XMR). I think this coin is good. although I am not very interested in privacy coins but I support projects like this
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:10:47 PM

They are worth of attention from you but remember this is only for major privacy coins which has created a very good technology just like monero. I can only suggest you monero coin as the best privacy coin right now. Some people have proven it if monero was having the best tech compared to another crypto.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
prayogi

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:25:00 PM

Coin privacy like Monero is starting to show good progress in the crypto market but as you say that there will be pros and cons about the privacy of this coin, and I think the reason why many like it is because it is very safe and untraceable but because of that there are also many people who don't like it because it can be misused for money laundering
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:35:11 PM

The question that you should ask yourself is why are you going to use these? Is it because of the fancy name? "anonymous coin"? or It's actually because you want to be untraceable for real.

If the latter, then I suggest going with Monero as It's the best and a proof of that is that It's the most coin in the darknet after bitcoin. If It's just for investment purposes though, I wouldn't suggest that because regardless of much It will grow, it won't be as much as bitcoin as most of the people believe in bitcoin because the development is more active and more used etc.

So, not everyone is looking for anonymous coins so therefore there won't be much demand as one might expect. Besides that, bitcoin is growing and more proposals are being made to make it more anonymous so that could make the other coins pretty much obsolete.
pidie

Activity: 639
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:50:48 PM

in my opinion, privacy coins are good, because they are not visible / anonymous. so that other people cannot see the transactions made. but the anonymous coin also has inherent risk.
Asmh85

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:32:50 PM

Privacy and identity coins are the dime dozen among coins, but I don't know why they should be exist while the KYC process is there or it may be there! !, I would candidate  PIVX coins.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:14:50 PM

Since Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, Monero is undoubtedly the best confidential cryptocurrency.
bongbong2014

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:07:58 PM

There are a lot of pennies focused on privacy that show anonymity. Many new coins like PIVX, Verge, .. but no coin surpassed Monero. I think private and anonymous coin will exist and grow well in the crypto market.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

Privacy coins are one of the most important aspect of total crypto currency sphere. Though they are being a target of government around the world. They are an example of blockchain freedom. They prove why government can't blanket ban crypto as a whole.
Kamil__ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

Probably worth investing but pick the cheap ones like XSPEC or Deeponion. The Ubuntu community started to give attention to PIVX lately that they are developing wallets as this is just what I've read.  They are not actually from the darkweb but seem like they are also into blockchain projects right now. I don't shill for them as I don't have any PIVX but this is just what I've read recently.
Thanks for this, target. I will try to do some more reasearch on these both coins you've mentioned.

Everybody are talking about Monero which is okay. I am a little bit surprised that nobody is talking about Zcash using zkSnarks technology, which is probably also very efficient in terms of privacy protection. Even one of Monero core representatives said, that "zkSnarks provide much stronger untraceability characteristics than Monero". 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: