Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much Bitcoin have you bought under $4000 on this dip?  (Read 408 times)
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:59:24 PM

I'm at 1.02 BTC at $3860 average so far the past few weeks!

This is the time to load up for the next years long cycle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:42:05 PM

I haven't bought. I probably won't buy unless we go to extreme lows like sub-$2000, as a hail mary while we're still above the long term trend. I already reached the number of coins I set as a goal years ago so I'm not too concerned about missing the boat. Now I'm mostly concerned about churning out that dirty fiat money (trading and such) so I can pay the bills without selling my cold storage coins.

As for trading, I'm not willing to long this yet. I think we're going lower.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:46:26 PM
Merited by exstasie (1)

Nothing. What's the point of randomly buying because it's under $4000? I will buy when it shows signs of recovery, otherwise it's just a gamble. Bitcoin attempted to bounce recently, we clearly rejected from the exponential moving averages and we were unable to create higher highs, right now bitcoin is still really bearish, definitely looks like we will break the last low $3652. If we don't it can be a good opportunity to buy but only if the bulls show enough strength.
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:24:29 PM

Nothing. What's the point of randomly buying because it's under $4000? I will buy when it shows signs of recovery, otherwise it's just a gamble. Bitcoin attempted to bounce recently, we clearly rejected from the exponential moving averages and we were unable to create higher highs, right now bitcoin is still really bearish, definitely looks like we will break the last low $3652. If we don't it can be a good opportunity to buy but only if the bulls show enough strength.

Interesting. Now sure why you view buying when its low as "random". The crash is now on par with previous crashes, so we are very likely right in range of the bottom of this cycle.

Instead of waiting until it starts going up showing evidence of the next boom, at which point you missed the bottom, I'd rather buy at a fantastic price (what i think is highly likely the bottom range). Nothing random about it, just buying for super cheap. If I waited until there were sure signs of a new bull market starting I'd have to buy in likely at 5 or 6 thousand. Sure it's possible it could go lower still, and I'll hopefully have money to buy in at that price too if it does happen. But this seems to be in the bottom range so I'm eating up as much bitcoin as i can at these low prices. I guess if you aren't sure it will recover I could see your point, but I have no doubt the market will recover so waiting for a higher price once it start recovering is not a good strategy for me because it means I get less for my money.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:50:24 PM

Interesting. Now sure why you view buying when its low as "random". The crash is now on par with previous crashes, so we are very likely right in range of the bottom of this cycle.

Instead of waiting until it starts going up showing evidence of the next boom, at which point you missed the bottom, I'd rather buy at a fantastic price (what i think is highly likely the bottom range).

it all depends on one's mindset around risk. many people felt the same way about the $6000-$7000 area---that it was the "bottom range"---but here we are trading in the $3000s now. those who were patiently waiting for signs of recovery before buying in now can afford much more coins.

there's also the psychological aspect. for most people, holding through a bear market is painful and difficult. it's much easier on the emotions to buy into a bull market, even if it means missing the bottom.

thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:11:02 PM

Instead of waiting until it starts going up showing evidence of the next boom, at which point you missed the bottom, I'd rather buy at a fantastic price (what i think is highly likely the bottom range).

it all depends on one's mindset around risk. many people felt the same way about the $6000-$7000 area---that it was the "bottom range"---but here we are trading in the $3000s now. those who were patiently waiting for signs of recovery before buying in now can afford much more coins.

there's also the psychological aspect. for most people, holding through a bear market is painful and difficult. it's much easier on the emotions to buy into a bull market, even if it means missing the bottom.

Unless of course you still don't buy in as you are saying. If you wait for clear signs of a bull market and not just a trap then you'll be buying in probably back at the $6k-$7k level anyways.

I absolutely thought $6000s was the bottom, but I didn't plan on buying in, I was waiting until I get a lot of money in January, but when the price dropped 40% from what I thought was the bottom thats a crazy good deal, so yeah I'm loading up as much as I can right now. To each their own, but at these prices I don't know why anyone would wait to buy. At the very least I think the best path this next half year is to steadily buy, so you cost average the bottom. I'm buying as much as I can right now just in case $3000s doesn't last long, but I'll have a lot more money to throw at Bitcoin by late January, if the price is even lower then that's incredible, if it's the same then that's amazing, if it's higher then I'll be glad I picked up as much as I could under $4k now to bring down my average cost a little bit.

Everyone with money on the side should be buying now or at least starting to buy now and continuing to buy in the months to come before the price starts going back up (whenever that is - I'm guessing it'll be by mid-2019) and we see signs of the next bull market. I was thinking about holding back a good amount of money now in case it dips again to $3000 or even under, but then I realized we're already equal to previous crashes now, so I'd feel very stupid later on if I watched the price sit at over 80% off the peak and didn't buying in because I was extra greedy and thought it might dip a few percent lower, whereas I will feel great buying in at this price and missing the absolute bottom by a little bit. Just like you don't want to catch a falling knife, you also don't want to try to perfectly time the bottom cuz you're almost guaranteed to miss it. Dollar cost averaging the bottom is the way to go. The money I have now is only about 10% of the money I'll be putting in since most of my money will come to me in January, so right now its all about making sure, no matter if the price is up or down in a couple months, that I get in a decent amount of buying under $4k.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:56:20 AM

Unless of course you still don't buy in as you are saying. If you wait for clear signs of a bull market and not just a trap then you'll be buying in probably back at the $6k-$7k level anyways.

possibly, although i think buying into an initial pullback will allow better entry than that.

you're also assuming that we're already near the bottom. i don't think targets like $1500 are impossible. it's always safer to bet the trend rather than catch a falling knife. if the decline gets worse, patience will have paid off. if not, your strategy will have paid off. like you say, to each his own.

that's why it all comes down to individual investors' approach to risk. some might be okay catching knives and holding through more decline. others are better off waiting.

WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:41:33 AM

Instead of waiting until it starts going up showing evidence of the next boom, at which point you missed the bottom, I'd rather buy at a fantastic price (what i think is highly likely the bottom range). Nothing random about it, just buying for super cheap. If I waited until there were sure signs of a new bull market starting I'd have to buy in likely at 5 or 6 thousand. Sure it's possible it could go lower still, and I'll hopefully have money to buy in at that price too if it does happen. But this seems to be in the bottom range so I'm eating up as much bitcoin as i can at these low prices. I guess if you aren't sure it will recover I could see your point, but I have no doubt the market will recover so waiting for a higher price once it start recovering is not a good strategy for me because it means I get less for my money.

You completely ignore fundamentals.
Bitcoin proved how unscalable it is last Dec. The altcoin market specifically icos has been killed by regulations and gov intervention, and rightfully so. The only reason bitcoin went to $20k was because of the ethereum shitcoin ico use case, which has been squashed.
We may go down under $1k at this point, because in the end it's all about use cases and demand, which isn't looking bullish to me. What needs to happen now is mainstream adoption, and most people wouldn't touch crypto with a barge pole.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:40:57 AM

Bitcoin proved how unscalable it is last Dec. The altcoin market specifically icos has been killed by regulations and gov intervention, and rightfully so. The only reason bitcoin went to $20k was because of the ethereum shitcoin ico use case, which has been squashed.

I don't think so. The Ethereum bubble may have pushed Bitcoin to $3K, but Bitcoin didn't start its parabolic run until Segwit starting being locked in. Resolving the block size debate and activating Segwit put the bull run into overdrive.

We may go down under $1k at this point, because in the end it's all about use cases and demand, which isn't looking bullish to me. What needs to happen now is mainstream adoption, and most people wouldn't touch crypto with a barge pole.

Most people said the same thing and wouldn't touch crypto with a barge pole in 2015 either, when the price was in the $200s. But here we are.

sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:48:51 AM

I haven't been able to buy a lot at current prices due to outside financial commitments. It's a shame that Christmas is coming up because a lot of my disposable income is being diverted towards that. I do think that the price will stay around the current level for some months so maybe once the festivities are over I can load up some more.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:59:45 PM

There should be reason why I should buy bitcoin now or any of the cryptocurrencies.  I am speculating that bitcoin will still be going down and if you buy now without any reason why you should buy you might get the biggest hits when the market did not recover in time.
The risk is really and I will not advice anyone to invest now without adequate investments plan and decisions.  Bitcoin may not recover in this year again but if you have a long term investment view in mind you can buy now and holds till maybe ending of next year or 2020.
I haven't been able to buy a lot at current prices due to outside financial commitments. It's a shame that Christmas is coming up because a lot of my disposable income is being diverted towards that. I do think that the price will stay around the current level for some months so maybe once the festivities are over I can load up some more.
Christamas did not influenced cryptocurrencies and you can study the history data for that.  If you actually has some fund that are not in used now you can invest them into bitcoin now that is bit cheap and in some years to come you will makes profits.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

You done a great job in bearish marketit was good. At the same time many investors also use this opportunity but no one is share in public because of security reasons. If you have good crypto keep it safe because many hacking issues are occur in the market. I hope market is soonly in near future so buy more Bitcoin in this month.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:26:25 PM

This is fantastic as underbelly 4K if your average buying is their it is good as once we see bull run happening you would easily get multiple times returns on it . So within few months you make good profits and recover the losses too if any during this year and booked profits once you meet your target .
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

possibly, although i think buying into an initial pullback will allow better entry than that.

you're also assuming that we're already near the bottom. i don't think targets like $1500 are impossible. it's always safer to bet the trend rather than catch a falling knife. if the decline gets worse, patience will have paid off. if not, your strategy will have paid off. like you say, to each his own.

that's why it all comes down to individual investors' approach to risk. some might be okay catching knives and holding through more decline. others are better off waiting.

I'm just saying you gotta buy in at some point (if it is your plan to buy in). Your strategy seems to be: it will be lower in the future. Which will obvoiusly fail at some point (and that point may be now or very soon, and maybe not). $1500 target would be great, but there's also an extremely good chance that won't happen, if you wait for that you'll probably be buying in at $6000 instead once you confirm with yourself that the price is on its way back up. Like I said, best strategy is to dollar cost average the bottom, even if it goes lower I'd say 80+% can be considered the bottom range. I consider it much riskier to not buy any now and wait hoping to get lucky rather than simply starting to buy now and continuing to buy if it does in fact go lower.

The best way to manage risk is to assume you won't get lucky. Which means buying great deals and averaging out your buys over time. Hoping for a certain price at like 90+% off the peak requires hoping to get lucky to get a bit better price. It might pay off (if so awesome!) but you might end up having to buy in at 3x or 4x your goal price if you keep assuming more drops are coming straight until you realize a bull run has started. Anyway I hope it works out for you, and if price does drop again in early 2019 I'll be taking advantage of that as well as I plan to buy a ton in Jan/Feb, and then a bit each month through the Spring at least.
khaled0111
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 2832

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 11:00:10 PM

I think you had to wait, there will be better opportunities.
The best time for buying is when there are signs of recovering and when prices start rising.
You should also buy some altcoins  Wink

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:20:52 PM

I think you had to wait, there will be better opportunities.
The best time for buying is when there are signs of recovering and when prices start rising.
You should also buy some altcoins  Wink

By that time you already missed the best time to buy.

I bought a bit of altcoins a few weeks ago. I'll be buying more in the Spring.
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:35:06 PM

I see most people are confused when to buy. That's really difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Reading speculations and others doing might increase your confusion more.

Let's put it this way;

a) if you already understand the risks once you put money on crypto, then do the buying .
b) if you want to setup a goal and you believed that bitcoin will have it's moon price in the future, then accumulate more .
c) if you want to take advantage of price swings, then buy and sell according to your strategy although this needs more analyzation.

To answer the topic, I haven't bought yet under $4,000 but there is already a plan for another round of accumulation. Yes the purpose is to accumulate more while it can so Im disregarding price rate here the moment Im ready to execute my plan. My precious BTC is just stayed idle at the stash. It will be hodl to zero as part of dealing with the risks.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:42:07 PM

I haven't accumulate any of bitcoins as it falls to its lowest but I believe the ones I am holding will rise up sooner or later for me to sell to regain some of my lost capital.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:02:27 AM

I haven't.

Bought earlier few of it and as I thought that's already the bottom but there's more to go. I'm planning to see few more days if this won't resolve the current price, I'll start buying if it goes deeper or when I have cash on hand and ready to spend.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 07:23:08 AM

there is plenty of time to buy, the shakeout is only just underway proper. I'm waiting for capitulation/reversals and some sustained sideways action

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█