Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best blockchain to build dapps on??  (Read 597 times)
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:03:55 PM

I might be really fussy, but i have not met   perfect one yet, everything that I tried left something to be desired and I am not satisfied.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:28:15 PM

Regarding the creation of a DAPPS, I would recommend you to turn your attention to 2 new completely new projects. They are still gaining popularity. This is project x42 (ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4799548.0) and project Tera (ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4573801.0).
phwizard

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 06:38:16 PM

Doesn't anyone here build dapps / smart contracts on Bitcoin?

There is Simple Ledger Protocol for example for Bitcoin Cash: https://simpleledger.cash/
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:34:43 PM

Regarding the creation of a DAPPS, I would recommend you to turn your attention to 2 new completely new projects. They are still gaining popularity. This is project x42 (ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4799548.0) and project Tera (ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4573801.0).

Have you looked into MOAC?? Apparently you can pick POS, POW, DPOS, PBFT when building your dapp
CoinPoint
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 01:25:55 PM

With its launch in 2017, TRON received tons of praise from the community and has often been proclaimed as “ETH killer”. TRON’s original purpose was to enable users to share and spread data without any restrictions. Through content-based funnels users are able to upload and share their data in terms of videos, audio, images, and texts, and the blockchain ecosystem incentivizes them with digital assets each time they do so.

In June 2018, TRON mainnet was launch and it immediately gained traction by reinforcing the creation of decentralized applications (dApps). The so-called Delegated Proof-of-stake (DPoS) consensus bestows the power of block validations to 27 Super Representatives to produce the blocks and verify transactions. To top it all off, TRON network is able to process up to 2,000 transactions per second, with great likelihood of scalability.

dAppRadar provides a perfect insight into TRON protocol. Even though there are only 220 TRON dApps currently ranked on dAppRadar, the top performing dApp generating the biggest transaction volume on a day-to-day basis is precisely based on TRON blockchain — TRONbet. TRONbet is an all-in-one gambling dApp focused on Dice, Moon, and Ring games on top of having developed its own exchange also available on the spot. TRONbet is opening a way for developers to interact with the TRON network by creating a set of APIs (TRC20 & TRC10) that can be utilized for producing dividend pools, mining protocols, DEXs, TRON wallets, account & social systems, etc.

In the battle for stability of the network, inflation circumnavigation, and TRON holders rewarding, Justin Sun, CEO and founder of TRON has conducted 8 coin burns amounting to more than $1 billion in worth. The purpose of the token burn has been aimed at creating artificial scarcity thereby increasing the value of the token.

CoinPoint has allied with an ample of TRON dApps in order to achieve the common goal of their wider application and user base. Using different type of dApp marketing strategies and tools tailor-made for specific dApp type, CoinPoint team has already established unique market approaches and tools required for successful outcomes.

bikereturn

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 02:35:18 AM

How about using Lighting network? Lapp.
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:45:19 PM

I mean it really depends on what DAPP you're building. Some platforms can get you name recognition if you develop on their platform if they are still up and coming.

I know there are a ton out there like Neo, Waves, and the likes, but I was just going to make a case for the Halo Platform. They have instantaneous and FREE send/receive transactions that are perfect for microtransactions. Halo is a clone of ETH and then restructured some, they use RAFT consensus with Variable Transaction Demand Block so blocks are created on demand, blocks can be created every 250 milliseconds (the fastest Ive seen yet). So 4 blocks every second if needed. They can handle 1250 tx per block easily and can adjust for more if they need to. If you want to watch a video of the speed of Halo with a few games that have already been designed then check out this short video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8

They have multiple games being developed on the Halo platform, one of which is called Decimated by Fracture labs. Its a A post-apocalyptic multiplayer (MMORPG) survival game with true digital scarcity and item ownership with it's own in game economy.
www.decimated.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58B4FjOwH8g

Halo also has Horizon State utilizing their blockchain for blockchain voting. They just had a 50k vote in Southern Australia using the Halo Blockchain.
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/south-australia-joins-regions-leveraging-blockchain-technology-for-elections-cm1105539

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
TotemNext

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 01:25:45 PM

Building dApps with higher throughput is possible on Ethereum when you use a sidechain.

Loom Network is one of those sidechains. You can run the dApp on Loom and if some users want to take their assets onto Ethereum to secure them, they can do this.

Most of the users can use the cheap and fast sidechain and the ones that favour full decentralisation can do that with a hit on transaction times and price.

This setup requires the dApp developers to support such a scenario but in my opinion it is worth the effort, because it drives the goal of decentralisation forward.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 02:52:15 PM

Building dApps with higher throughput is possible on Ethereum when you use a sidechain.

Loom Network is one of those sidechains. You can run the dApp on Loom and if some users want to take their assets onto Ethereum to secure them, they can do this.

Most of the users can use the cheap and fast sidechain and the ones that favour full decentralisation can do that with a hit on transaction times and price.

This setup requires the dApp developers to support such a scenario but in my opinion it is worth the effort, because it drives the goal of decentralisation forward.

I read a bit about loom and their plasma chain solution, could be indeed a valid solution if you want to stay in Ethereum but having cheap and responsive app.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:53:11 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 12:27:16 PM by Bitdonator

There is a many platform for building apps,
personaly I prefer Ethereum and Tron...

Also check Ark and Lisk project. Their focus
is on scalability and easy dapps deployment.
Once its fully launched, this platforms  will become
popular like first two I mention
webmir

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:10:58 PM

You need to release the application on the platform where you are like a fish in water.
Otherwise, learning the platform will cost more than the application itself.

My choice Ethereum.
There is a lot of information on the web aboutEthereum.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:35:16 AM

Doesn't anyone here build dapps / smart contracts on Bitcoin?

There is Simple Ledger Protocol for example for Bitcoin Cash: https://simpleledger.cash/

I guess you cannot create smart contracts directly in btc blockchain, But it can be created by using RSK.
The time taken to mine a block in bitcoin and number of transaction that can be supported per block does not make it suitable candidate for dapps.

I am alive
Nihal6443

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 06:54:07 PM

What do you guys think?

There's MOAC, EOS, Ethereum, and NEO. What else?

tron and lisk

i chose  tron as best one

I think icon will be best option
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: