Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EVGA PSU - No warranty if Crypto  (Read 217 times)
dhmctrader (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:04:00 PM

Just a note of warning. EVGA is now refusing to cover failed PSUs if they know that they used for crypto.

Caveat emptor.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

Just a note of warning. EVGA is now refusing to cover failed PSUs if they know that they used for crypto.

Caveat emptor.

How so? They have no idea for what it was used for, yeah if you tell them then yes.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:53:36 PM

Caveat emptor.

Strange that they are one of the only companies that support mining and folding.  I would Just call and talk to someone else and also never admit to mining when trying to make warranty claim.
dhmctrader (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:00:54 PM

They have no idea for what it was used for, yeah if you tell them then yes.

Yeah, made the mistake of answering honestly when the tech asked.

They said this is since May 2018...

I'd be surprised if they don't have this S/N flagged in their system now.
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:56:23 PM

https://www.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/

just found it on their warranty website.

What is not covered by this Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:

Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes).

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

i have returned over 50 - 1070 cards this year and 4 power supplies.  Never had an issue.  My email address has miner in it too lol.

You are not wrong though they did amend their policy that anything BOUGHT after 3/2018 or something around there cards have 1 year warranty if used for mining purposes.  

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: