Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's hard-forks  (Read 137 times)
HAKHALI (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:13:54 PM

What are the basic differences between BTC ,LTC and BTG? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these basic differences? Do these disadvantages (advantages ) weaken (strengthen ) the basic principles of Bitcoin technology which we have believed in (decentralization, Consensus Concept, low fees, high security , transparency ...) ? i wish to get clear answers about these questions, especially from the members who have experienced the Bitcoin technology since its inception and They have knew the precise details of the conditions that led to LTC & BTG appearances...  !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:48:26 AM

first of all you should know that there is a big difference between bitcoin forks such as LTC and bitcoin forks such as BTG.
LTC only used bitcoin's code (forked the code). and also LTC was created so that we can have an alternative bitcoin with different implementation of the technology. for example the algorithm was changed, the maximum number of coins (cap) was changed, the difficulty was changed so that the time between blocks are different,... it is basically a new coin based on bitcoin technology.

but coins such as BTG are copies of bitcoin's code and the blockchain. and they are not changing anything that matters. they usually change something to pretend they did something to make it different and earn money. for example BCH changed block size to pretend solving scaling issue of bitcoin. BTG changed algorithm to pretend making it ASIC resistance, BTP changed the algorithm to pretend it made bitcoin more "anonymous".
these types of forks are more like parasites rather than a real project. otherwise they would have done it like LTC and started from scratch and with a new name instead of abusing bitcoin's brand.

LTC was created because the developers of it wanted these changes in bitcoin but bitcoin could not be changed so they started exploring the alternatives by creating a new coin from scratch. BTG developers wanted to make money so they forked bitcoin and added the large premine to their coin.

these changes are sometimes introducing additional problems which i can't go through all of them here without making this a 10 page comment. you should analyze each on its own. for example LTC change in block time leads to more orphaned blocks and increased size of blockchain. BCH change of blocksize leads to centralization of nodes.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
HAKHALI (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:18:12 PM

first of all you should know that there is a big difference between bitcoin forks such as LTC and bitcoin forks such as BTG.
LTC only used bitcoin's code (forked the code). and also LTC was created so that we can have an alternative bitcoin with different implementation of the technology. for example the algorithm was changed, the maximum number of coins (cap) was changed, the difficulty was changed so that the time between blocks are different,... it is basically a new coin based on bitcoin technology.

but coins such as BTG are copies of bitcoin's code and the blockchain. and they are not changing anything that matters. they usually change something to pretend they did something to make it different and earn money. for example BCH changed block size to pretend solving scaling issue of bitcoin. BTG changed algorithm to pretend making it ASIC resistance, BTP changed the algorithm to pretend it made bitcoin more "anonymous".
these types of forks are more like parasites rather than a real project. otherwise they would have done it like LTC and started from scratch and with a new name instead of abusing bitcoin's brand.

LTC was created because the developers of it wanted these changes in bitcoin but bitcoin could not be changed so they started exploring the alternatives by creating a new coin from scratch. BTG developers wanted to make money so they forked bitcoin and added the large premine to their coin.

these changes are sometimes introducing additional problems which i can't go through all of them here without making this a 10 page comment. you should analyze each on its own. for example LTC change in block time leads to more orphaned blocks and increased size of blockchain. BCH change of blocksize leads to centralization of nodes.
thank you very much for your relevant answer!! so we can say that "LTC out of Bitcoin's hard-forks and its developers tried to improve some of Bitcoin specifics but that has led to change the basics of Bitcoin characters ." ...i will study and analyse LTC to know if these differences are valuable or not ... for BCH , i already have idea about it and its centralization so i haven't mention its name in my question..but for BTG , i dont know what the bad impact of changing mining equipment to be easier and public in order to enhance Bitcoin's decentralization ? had they proposed that and their proposal rejected from BTC community ? this point confused me because it hasn't touched the main concepts of Bitcoin technology so why that argument  had been happened !!          
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:32:58 PM

Bitcoin forks are different from litecoin, the coin is a different coin on its own since it has its own blockchain, bitcoin gold is the coin that is a hard fork off of bitcoin and it is the kind of coin that uses the code from the previous coin to operate on its own while litecoin is a coin that is created on its own with no copying of any other project

Bokile

Activity: 322
Merit: 36

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:19:21 PM

This is one of the simplest and most interesting explanations I ever saw Smiley You should write books and show how people can learn and have a fun. I don't understand why forks have such big value. Some good original  projects have working products but still their market cap is small, and some hard forks are valuable just because they are fork of some big project.
my dream2021

Activity: 359
Merit: 61

︻┳デ═—

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:41:01 PM

I have read the Cryptocurency map and found that:
LTC : Born of Tenebrix <--  Born of  Bitcoin
Also if you want see data Cryptocurency map, specifically for Bitcoin you can see data in https://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin/ and there also any Cryptocurency map for BCN, NXT, XRP but there is only until 2017.

"BTC Bitcoin is a man-made, open-source technology – not a gift handed down from the heavens"
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:58:22 PM

there are too many of them and they are absolutely meaningless. I very much hope that soon it will all stop

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

Do they really make sense? Why spend money on a copy if you can buy the original?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: