Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Mt.Gox ever get a make over ?  (Read 2767 times)
dogisland (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:44:47 PM

It's my understanding that they're doing quite well financially.

It would be nice to see them hire a graphic designer and make the site look like something the community could be proud of.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plogank

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

It works, what more is needed???

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
Zango

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:55:30 PM

It did take them an awful amount of time to fix the http->https redirection. But yeah, considering they're probably the biggest exchange service or at least the most recognised one, it could do with a lift. Not something fancy, simply a bit more neat. But as mentioned above, it does work and at least the current structure is simple.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:56:30 PM

I personally think saving their money for fighting the current (and possible upcoming) legal battles will be a much wiser decision.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 08:56:41 PM

Clearly we have a bunch of web developers and not enough web designers.  Smiley

it's not just Gox .. it's everyone...  we run a bunch (as a whole) of sites that all have the refined look and feel of Drudge Report...  yea it works.. but it's not even close to sexy.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:59:31 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2011, 10:27:19 PM by sadpandatech

I personally think saving their money for fighting the current (and possible upcoming) legal battles will be a much wiser decision.

I couldn't agree more. And, I personally like the simple interface from a trading perspective. If I wanted flash shit beaming me in the face all day I'd go fire up Meta Trader... ;p  Hell, even my damn Scott Trade acct has crap all over in your face these days. I hope if they do 'pretty' it up they give those of us that desire the more spartan look an option.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 10:18:03 PM

Clearly we have a bunch of web developers and not enough web designers.  Smiley

it's not just Gox .. it's everyone...  we run a bunch (as a whole) of sites that all have the refined look and feel of Drudge Report...  yea it works.. but it's not even close to sexy.

Lucky for you, I'm both a developer and a designer  Wink

My soon-to-launch project is going to look very nice and provide great functionality.

damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 11:53:23 PM

I couldn't agree more. And, I personally like the simple interface from a trading perspective. If I wanted flash shit beaming me in the face all day I'd go fire up Meta Trader... ;p  Hell, even my damn Scott Trade acct has crap all over in your face these days. I hope if they do 'pretty' it up they give those of us that desire the more spartan look an option.

+1

I'm glad they got rid of that really slow graph on the frontpage.
ssaCEO

Activity: 568

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 01:15:39 AM

I attribute the dearth of high-gloss stuff more to the fact that most Bitcoin sites are tossed up overnight just to see if anything will happen, and having not taken a whole lot of effort to set up, are just as easily killed off. Bitcoin integration itself is dirt cheap and easier than just about any other payment method known to man. Ditto from a regulatory standpoint (so far). So I don't think the problem is that people can't design if they want to, and if they take the time to; it's that devs are in a hurry to get to the functionality, and the present community doesn't really have a problem with that. For the community to grow, though, it would pay to have someone put in the extra effort to build a nice interface on things. It's not like we live in 1994. Although it does seem that way sometimes.

saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:27:30 AM

It's my understanding that they're doing quite well financially.

It would be nice to see them hire a graphic designer and make the site look like something the community could be proud of.

well i like their slick minimalistic design
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:29:34 AM

maybe if there were held a 'bitcoin design award' we could list the best-looking bitcoin-related sites and vote.

what's a good one to start with?

oh, and about mt gox... didn't they spend $1000 or more just on that new logo? you know, the logo they never put on their site.
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

How about first fixing the glitches in their price reporting. It just plummitted through 2.3 for a brief moment again. Yesterday it was going up above 3.4 without any cause. Faulty price data is much more worrying than how their website looks.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:45:55 AM

Clearly we have a bunch of web developers and not enough web designers.  Smiley

Lucky for you, I'm both a developer and a designer  Wink

My soon-to-launch project is going to look very nice and provide great functionality.
No one asked.

About design, this community is full of unimaginitive, unartistic types who are great at numbers. I hate it. Bitcoin sites remind me of geocities.

I don't know what you're talking about, holmes. My geocities page was bitchin'.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 02:01:37 AM

bitcoins.com is probably the starting point for their new visual.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 02:10:04 AM

bitcoins.com is probably the starting point for their new visual.

Web 2.0 ◕‿◕

^_^
bitflower

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 03:29:27 AM

Hey guys,

If you have suggestions for how you want Mt.Gox page to look or function, feel free to submit a ticket or post your thoughts here. We always appreciate everyone's ideas and thoughts.
dogisland (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 09:41:32 AM

Hey guys,

If you have suggestions for how you want Mt.Gox page to look or function, feel free to submit a ticket or post your thoughts here. We always appreciate everyone's ideas and thoughts.

There's a site here http://sortfolio.com/ for finding great designers.

There's also a site 99designs.com where you can post a job and designers compete with each other and you choose the winning design.

Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 02:40:14 PM

If this is the one and only Clark Moody you are the god among men... at least for bitcoin charts.

Thank you, but please don't go that far!

D.H.

Activity: 311

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 10:07:02 PM

I'm sure that it would be great for Bitcoin if they had a professional looking site. Mt.Gox is one of the sites that almost everyone who consider getting started with Bitcoin will visit. It's one of the sites that will make people decide if Bitcoin is a "real" currency or just a toy project. Honestly, today the Mt.Gox site does not look like something that regular people will want to trust their money with. It does not at all resemble other professional web sites that handle a lot of money.

Example of web site related to finance, simple, yet professional design: http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 10:10:03 PM

I'm sure that it would be great for Bitcoin if they had a professional looking site. Mt.Gox is one of the sites that almost everyone who consider getting started with Bitcoin will visit. It's one of the sites that will make people decide if Bitcoin is a "real" currency or just a toy project. Honestly, today the Mt.Gox site does not look like something that regular people will want to trust their money with. It does not at all resemble other professional web sites that handle a lot of money.

Example of web site related to finance, simple, yet professional design: http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com

So you want rounded corners.... that shouldn't be too hard.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: