Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All you can do is hold your ALTs for a few years  (Read 39354 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

I am not against holding coins as this can be a better way to earn money in a passive way but it is not the most appropriate thing to do as of now because recovery is uncertain. What if the market will even fall very low and recovery would take a very long time to accomplish? So if you really need your money sell your altcoins so that we may also see what is the real volume of usage and from there know the real status of the altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

Yes, i still have the faith and positivity in holding coins for few years because this is the only i can make earn what is current loss the capital investment. Who knows with the market condition will get early recovered soon.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:21:43 PM

I agree with you, I hold several potential coins and the top 20 coins. I got the x3 roi from XYO tokens because I had researched the coins. I feel this is a potential coin because of a good project, a good team, partnerships with big companies and large communities. But don't be greedy, take profits according to market conditions.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

I agree with you, I hold several potential coins and the top 20 coins. I got the x3 roi from XYO tokens because I had researched the coins. I feel this is a potential coin because of a good project, a good team, partnerships with big companies and large communities. But don't be greedy, take profits according to market conditions.
good strategy. In such a market as it is now, X2 is a perfect result. if for some of these coins you get such ROI, it is better to take profit

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!

Some ALTs will never recover from this crash!

It is an ugly situation!

I think that if project is solid, should be checked before investing money, right? If someone chose coins, "because someone advised him," he can be in big trouble right now, because it's probably too late to get his money back. If the project is developing, I do not see the need to sell such a coin, sooner or later will bring profit.
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 06:09:17 PM

I think most of the projects won’t  survive the current downtrend, so it was necessary to analyze your portfolio, read , whether the developers are active and make a decision. Just holding all the coins for a long time is a bad idea.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:16:35 PM

I agree that some alts won't be able to recover after this dump but it'll be fine if you guys are holding good altcoins in top 100 on Coinmarketcap. Beside with situation of crypto market at the moment, I think everything will rise back in 2020 instead of next year only
SoloV

Activity: 504
Merit: 112

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:20:13 PM

This is a good strategy. But there is a very important point. You must be sure of those altcoins in which you invest your money. Many teams will not be able to develop their product.

Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

For investment and expectation in the future boom, the price is cheap at this time, but there are two obstacles is the risk and waiting time will be very long. I can choose to hold some altcoin for a few years, but the amount I left for it will be calculated so that I do not have a psychological effect when it drops.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 06:44:34 PM

If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!

It is an ugly situation!

The problem lies in the fact that from the side many alts look promising and have hopes of great growth. And as practice shows, many of them not only do not grow, but even drop strongly in price, while the entire market is growing. In this case, it is best to buy many different altos or keep all the money in Bitcoin. Or use everything I said.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

It is an ugly situation!

The problem lies in the fact that from the side many alts look promising and have hopes of great growth. And as practice shows, many of them not only do not grow, but even drop strongly in price, while the entire market is growing. In this case, it is best to buy many different altos or keep all the money in Bitcoin. Or use everything I said.

Your observation of practice have a too short time frame. You need to give a lot more time to this new projects before we can call them
successful, for now they are only start ups with potentially great future. Problem lies in people who wish everything to happen right away,
for some projects even years are not enough, we are talking about minimum 5-10 years before some projects become popular and accepted.
On a side that many projects doesn`t have product, they are working that to happen.
   Situation is neither ugly or good, it`s like every beginning hard. Ugly is cause prices are dropped, temporary I hope, good is that we can buy
some coins with a discount.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:58:48 PM

It is an ugly situation!

Could it be a few years? That's how much the sharp drop in cryptocurrency undermines people's trust. I think you may wonder how this market will surprise you in the future. I think in February, only time will tell.
mihtju

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:36:59 PM

This is really one of the most likely development options in this situation, since selling now does not make sense, except that in order to re-buy at a lower level.

EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:06:58 PM

I sorted out some altcoins in my portfolio and will only hold promising projects for long-term. The development of the projects take some time. Patience is the key to success.

darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:50:24 AM

but when crypto to be recovered is not able to be ascertained. If it is too long a wait will certainly be quite detrimental in terms of time especially if the investment is not great and just get some small profit. Indeed it may selectively against the altcoin who owned be decisive because not all coins will eventually go up as you wish.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 03:15:20 AM

It is an ugly situation!

If you follow your portfolio and had insight on the project that you are in, you'll know when to sell and continue to hold, no use holding your coins for years with the hope that you will make a profit eventually, it's better to check if they are doing what's in their roadmap and they are on target.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:49:21 AM

Most alts are likely to fail and only few shall survive, that's the fate of this market and we cannot do anything about it. So better make sure that you know where you are investing at. Be smart and wise in investing, holding means nothing if you are not holding the right one.
retnocintaku

Activity: 588

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:00:16 AM

Indeed, a good thing to do now is to hold your altcoin for some time so that when you sell it in the future you will see results, sell now you will get nothing, better be patient for something better

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:02:32 AM

Indeed, a good thing to do now is to hold your altcoin for some time so that when you sell it in the future you will see results, sell now you will get nothing, better be patient for something better
if you sell at a low price it won't get anything. but it doesn't need to take up to several years, we just need to look at the market, when the altcoin price is already profitable for us, I don't think I should miss a moment, or we could lose the profits we can get.

Idoe

Activity: 334
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:15:22 AM

It is also true that if you sell right now it won't get anything, so waiting for some time will definitely have a decent addition.
Being patient to benefit and take advantage of good moments is what brings us to profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: