Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All you can do is hold your ALTs for a few years  (Read 39356 times)
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

Yes , more why holding is good but due to the market situation at present time many think holding is just a waste or form of losing money , but there is always time for everything, now that we are in bear market is the to do short trading and also time to buy and hold for long term, but many think it has end for crypto but definitely no, so if you are in lost now the best for you is to skip your mind away from the funds and hold tight the coin till we see bull run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:07:42 AM

It is true that you need to take care of what is.
But it is also not correct to sell the altcoins of a bad project, since nobody needs them, and by selling them you will not buy coins of promising, as their price is much higher.
Ria Sakurai

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:12:06 AM

I think  it is not safe to altcoins for years, altcoins are young and easy to die, altcoin can get zero value after years, if you consider good coins to hold for years, Bitcoin is best choice, good altcoins are also worth to hold, Ethereum and XRP are worth to hold for a few years.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:17:55 AM

Yes, I have invested the altcoins in last year, after I have invested it the price is dropped, now I have lost over 80% of my fund, no doubt to hold it till the market is recover, anyway if the price keep dropping, I will hold it forever.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:31:39 AM

yes this year the best way for traders who are stuck at expensive prices can only hold because if they sell it at prices and conditions like this it will make them experience huge losses.
aimata27

Activity: 531
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 08:18:31 AM

If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!

Some ALTs will never recover from this crash!

It is an ugly situation!

I believe there's nothing you can buy if you "sell right now and buy some decent project" from this crash. The only best thing to is just to hold all of your altcoins until their prices rises and that's the only way that you'll recover your loss.
tradjecide

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

Well, for some coins a couple of years is not a time term. I can wait. Moreover, I initially knew when I invested in several projects, that I would have to wait year or two. Therefore, I'm not upset. Of course, I would like the market to recover faster but nothing depends on us.
But there are some projects which are of a more high potential and some projects have lower potential to raise in value so if you have your money in some projects which have lower potential to increase in value then you have to shift your money to a best project to gain a high return than your previous one.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!
I never go for selling my coins for losses, due to this reason I am still holding many of my altcoin collections. While investing, I'm very much selective but when coins are available for free of cost and for few social activities, I'm just collecting all of them. Still, I like to hold them for some big profits but that is not at all happening all the times. When a coin is not getting decent, I'm just leaving of them by forgetting them rather than moving into exchanges for few dollars.

It is an ugly situation!
This situation had happened to me many times. No one could do anything about those coin rather than simply accepting the losses. Overall, how I am making some money is important like if one or two coins are going moon is more than enough out of my 10 altcoin stash.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:09:40 AM

You are right, many projects will not recover from this fall. Here's how to understand those coins I bought will be able to recover in the future or do we see them the most?
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:29:36 AM

Yes that's the best option to hold for few years in this bearish market. We have many coins in our wallet even we know very well that hardly some of coins will be able to recover or rise back and some of them will hardly rise. So in my opinion we should sell our low potential coins rather than keep waiting in hope of rise/pump and should buy good project coins instead that you believe will grow by the time and that way we can try to recover our losses and can earn profit too.

benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:39:42 AM

You have a good suggestion that most likely be profitable in the future when altcoins will get a descent value in the cryptocurrency market. At present we are in a savage state on the altcoins even good altcoins that have already reached a record high value is now worth for cents. So as not to loose too much better hold them till it will reach a new all time high just as what you suggest.
Amberum

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:30:47 AM

All best altcoins is like a venture project in stage of crowdfunding and need some years to grow up.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

no one would like to sell their alts at current market situation and everone is sure about the market that it will be back whether it will take 1 year or 2. So every one has no other option except to hold their alts.
wongdeso

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:24:01 PM

Hold tokens from campaign bounties and to make a profit, this is common practice. Every new token and listing in the market, the value is lower than the ICO price, so we have to hold it in order to get a better price.
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:57:50 PM

I really think that most people here are doing the same, But we can not blame some that already sell most of their coins even if that coin does have a potential in making it big in the future because of their emotional doubt and fear it will surely lead to poor decision I really think the crash of bitcoin right now was because of poor decisions they make in the crypto market And sometimes may lead in not profiting.

There is never easy profit in cryptocurrency I really think we should consider that there is a risk in getting involved with investing, and trading in it.  

I think in what you've said, "the crash of bitcoin is becuase of poor decision", the part of poor decision is not really a factor about it. I guess the reason why bitcoin's market price decreases is because of altcoiins that is being created through bitcoin as an investment platform.

tmpwhore

Activity: 343

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:55:00 PM

Sure, you are right. But there are also altcoins which will be very powerful in the nearest future. You should better analyse your projects and try to reduce the risk of scam.

hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:59:20 PM

Sure, you are right. But there are also altcoins which will be very powerful in the nearest future. You should better analyse your projects and try to reduce the risk of scam.

In short, if alarm signalization of cryptocurrency in all countries occurs, then the fraud will be read. Konakovo state control with legal protection of cryptocurrency can make a cryptocurrency market safe.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:36:48 PM

For the problem of choosing sometimes I always mistakenly suppose for example, some time ago I thought towerbee was a project that didn't have a future, 3 days after I sold towerbee at idex the price went up more than 500% and it made me sad but now the price has gone down a lot investors in the group believe the price will definitely rise again
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:57:27 PM

It is an ugly situation!
like you said few altcoin never recover in market and i see still down although other altcoin growing up again but few altcoin keep down and even up again less than other altcoin

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:04:50 PM

It is an ugly situation!
I don't think some altcoins may recover after it is dumped already. You must have to look at the top coins where there is a possibility to rise, a potential coin that would make a change even when years passes by. Just look at the top 100 coins in the marketcap some of it has the potential to grow even more after a year of crashing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: