Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPEN Batch#2] Gridseed hosted(or not) groupbuy 190$/unit or 150$ with hosting  (Read 8644 times)
jefe541 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:20:38 PM

Check out our new offers for bulk orders!

Zach_BTC

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Down for 100 hosted.

Thanx,
Zach.
jefe541 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:38:43 PM

Down for 100 hosted.

Thanx,
Zach.

Reserved  Wink

jefe541 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:20:58 AM

Bump..

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:57:37 PM

Couple of questions re. The hosted option:

1. How much control does the buyer have over where they mine? Both for Scrypt and SHA.
2. How is the 5% fee taken?  From the weekly earnings?
3. When they are no longer profitable, how will the income from the sales be split?

Thanks
jefe541 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

1. How much control does the buyer have over where they mine? Both for Scrypt and SHA.
3. When they are no longer profitable, how will the income from the sales be split?

Thanks

1. Full control, costumers can decide the pools.
2. If costumer take btc direct from the pool him must send each week 5% of earns, if not i will send him the earn without my 5%.
3. I'll sell on ebay and wire transfer or paypal to costumers their % without any fees.

Regards,
Jefe541

JustASIC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

JustASIC.com Free US Shipping, Low Price GRIDSEED

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

Guys,  I don't know if this is a scam.

BUT, allow me to give you some FACTS:

1. GRIDSEED only take orders directly if the order is bigger than 500 units, for a small order like 200 units, they pass to resellers. I believe you are not ordering from Gridseed. Probably their Chinese reseller diginforce?
2. GRIDSEED wholesale price is $158 for 500-999 units and $155 for 1000+ units. NO ONE will get a better price (unless you are a friend of their CEO)
3. Even if you buy from GRIDSEED directly, you need to pay for domestic shipping (They use SF-Express, and customers pay for shipping), forwarder handling fee, international shipping.

YOU DO THE MATH!

Maybe this is a really good offer and they are making loss by offering a price of $150.  To me, too good to be true.

Sorry  jefe541 I believe you know what I said was all true. Maybe you have other plans to get profit.

JustASIC.com Free US Shipping, Low Price GRIDSEED
jefe541 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:17:41 PM

1. GRIDSEED only take orders directly if the order is bigger than 500 units, for a small order like 200 units, they pass to resellers.
2. GRIDSEED wholesale price is $158 for 500-999 units and $155 for 1000+ units. No one will get a better price (unless you are a friend of their CEO)
3. Even if you buy from GRIDSEED directly, you need to pay for domestic shipping (They use SF-Express, and customers pay for shipping), forwarder handling fee, international shipping.

YOU DO THE MATH!

Maybe this is a really good offer and they are making loss by offering a price of $150.  To me, too good to be true.

Sorry  jefe541 I believe you know what I said was all true. Maybe you have other plans to get profit.  In that case, your offer will be hot.

Hi JustASIC, let me answer you.

1. Completly true, how i said as some costumers in PM or when we met for a coffee, i buy with a partner, this time we bought 1200 units,
next batch we hope more.
2. Yes we are near to $155.
3. Yes, how you could read in my thread i'm employeed in a  import/export company, we mostly work with asian countries and we know some good tricks.

We'll earn don't worry about it, our is a good offer, our plan is proposing low prices to get more costumers, for hosted plan with a little higher fees (5%).

Regards,
Jefe541

josg21

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:15:53 PM

You guys should be asking some really important questions......

For example. The name and location of his data center. Some pictures of the data center, or if its even a real data center.

What long-haul providers is he using? A Comcast connection? Or a fiber drop with redundancy and an 5 9 SLA.

Is his data center insured and bonded? Whats happens to your gear if the building burns down? Or the sprinkler comes on?

These are super important questions.
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:18:45 PM

For example. The name and location of his data center. Some pictures of the data center, or if its even a real data center.

What long-haul providers is he using? A Comcast connection? Or a fiber drop with redundancy and an 5 9 SLA.

Is his data center insured and bonded? Whats happens to your gear if the building burns down? Or the sprinkler comes on?

Ok I will be the first to ask. What are the answers to the above questions OP? Thanks for answering and understanding the concerns here.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

Thanks

1. Full control, costumers can decide the pools.
2. If costumer take btc direct from the pool him must send each week 5% of earns, if not i will send him the earn without my 5%.
3. I'll sell on ebay and wire transfer or paypal to costumers their % without any fees.

Regards,
Jefe541

Thanks for the answers.  However, I can't make the numbers work for me.
apollojmr

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:51:14 AM

I hope this is a legit group buy..I am getting worried after reading some of this stuff...until OP shows us some proof that this is legit I would proceed with caution.

apollojmr

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:55:28 AM

PROCEED WITH CAUTION UNTIL WE SEE PROOF!!

bitgtr

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 04:10:59 AM by bitgtr

1. GRIDSEED only take orders directly if the order is bigger than 500 units, for a small order like 200 units, they pass to resellers.
2. GRIDSEED wholesale price is $158 for 500-999 units and $155 for 1000+ units. No one will get a better price (unless you are a friend of their CEO)

YOU DO THE MATH!

Sorry  jefe541 I believe you know what I said was all true. Maybe you have other plans to get profit.  In that case, your offer will be hot.

Hi JustASIC, let me answer you.

1. Completly true, how i said as some costumers in PM or when we met for a coffee, i buy with a partner, this time we bought 1200 units,
next batch we hope more.
2. Yes we are near to $155.
3. Yes, how you could read in my thread i'm employeed in a  import/export company, we mostly work with asian countries and we know some good tricks.

We'll earn don't worry about it, our is a good offer, our plan is proposing low prices to get more costumers, for hosted plan with a little higher fees (5%).

Regards,
Jefe541

Jefe has me on ignore, but he quoted me just over US$100 per unit for 277 units by PM. So he's either lying about the price here, or in PM. Fishier and fishier... Especially opening up a second group buy before even delivering on the first. Almost like he doesn't want people having time to get suspicious.

Still not officially calling scam, but the red flags are beginning to pile up.

Edit: The price he quoted me was for batch 1 units, so it was naturally higher than what he's quoting now. Further to the above he'll also have to pay VAT and duty on imports to the UK, which adds up to a solid 27%, so if he was offering units for as low as $100 and change in a bulk order and only breaking even he must be getting units for less than $85 apiece (cbf doing the exact maths) on an order of a few hundred units, while for batch 2 he claims they had to order over 1000 units to get a price close to $155? And if the cost price is close to $155 then how is he offering 400+ units for $75 apiece? Hmmm  Roll Eyes  I wonder if anyone can get Gridseed to respond to an enquiry about whether this guy has actually placed an order...
apollojmr

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:36:06 AM

Until the original poster answers questions this is considered a SCAM! I paid him directly and now he will not answer any private messages. As noted in this group by with the transaction ID I paid directly to him and now he will not answer.

apollojmr

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:08:00 AM

I am in! Paid in full today and awaiting my 15 grids and setup! Thanks!!

1.25 payment here first and then the final payment today blockchain was down..

46dea2d9f02189b4d3da886020da2b798b083010a139f5565a110ccc95da1092

2.75 payment

9f7785c2c1c3ab8bbe3a12cfa668a4fd07aec9e4720edd516a27160035b23108

OP PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD! This is not a good thing if you are pulling a scam! You even have members saying they met with you. Is this a real GB?

jefe541 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:17:38 AM

Ok I will be the first to ask. What are the answers to the above questions OP? Thanks for answering and understanding the concerns here.

I will host the units at my office, connection is Virgin 100mb in SW11.

My office is the safest place i know, there are people 18/24, cameras and fire alarm.

I will post pics on monday.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:28:28 AM

1. GRIDSEED only take orders directly if the order is bigger than 500 units, for a small order like 200 units, they pass to resellers. I believe you are not ordering from Gridseed. Probably their Chinese reseller diginforce?
2. GRIDSEED wholesale price is $158 for 500-999 units and $155 for 1000+ units. NO ONE will get a better price (unless you are a friend of their CEO)

YOU DO THE MATH!

Sorry  jefe541 I believe you know what I said was all true. Maybe you have other plans to get profit.

Bingo. All absolutely correct.

If this guy is offering 277 by PM for 100USD I can guarantee you it's a scam. That is an unachievable price.

BINTEX