Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which services do you expect to die during crypto winter?  (Read 470 times)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:32:23 PM

There has certainly been a huge decrease in faucets/micro earnings sites that pay in BTC, and I expect this to continue.

This is probably due to a combination of the fact that people are realising that faucets are nothing more than glorified PTC sweatshops that pay extremely little for views on their ad, as well as the fact that mainstream engagement during this bearish stretch has been low, who are the main users of these faucets.

Apart from faucets, I agree with the statement that cloud mining sites are going to go out of business. They investment packages that they offer are just no longer going to be profitable, and we've already seen a lot of Hashflare users that have gotten their contracts terminated. It's not going to be a pretty end, though. I expect a lot to exit scam in this market.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

There has certainly been a huge decrease in faucets/micro earnings sites that pay in BTC, and I expect this to continue.
Hmm. With the current price of bitcoin and transaction fees, you’d expect the opposite, for more people to start up faucets again. But i’m pretty sure most ad networks are getting pretty nauseous and fed up with all that PTC-3rd world traffic..?

Although i agree, for users, doing faucets is absolutely a waste of time.

It’s funny though, Faucethub and the likes seem to continue receiving steady traffic... - https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/faucethub.io

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:46:47 AM

Hmm. With the current price of bitcoin and transaction fees, you’d expect the opposite, for more people to start up faucets again. But i’m pretty sure most ad networks are getting pretty nauseous and fed up with all that PTC-3rd world traffic..?

Although i agree, for users, doing faucets is absolutely a waste of time.

It’s funny though, Faucethub and the likes seem to continue receiving steady traffic... - https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/faucethub.io

yeah faucet hub is continuesly growing and i notice that most of thier user is from the 3rd world country .  i dont know why they like faucet hub too much .  maybe its because of the rain/tips and level feature that is available on the said platform . 

With the current price of bitcoin and transaction fees, you’d expect the opposite, for more people to start up faucets again

that is also what im thinking about but i also think that the reward per claims are now adjusted based on the current value of btc's and other cryptos . they may look bigger but they were actually the same as before
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:16:01 PM

I'm giving this a well earned bump as things are starting to gain momentum in terms of services carking it.

Coinpulse seems to be the latest. I'm sure there are many more undergoing struggles yet to be revealed.

Who's up next?
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:15:24 PM

I'm giving this a well earned bump as things are starting to gain momentum in terms of services carking it.

Coinpulse seems to be the latest. I'm sure there are many more undergoing struggles yet to be revealed.

Who's up next?

I'd say we've got our hands full with the Cryptopia hack and the QuadrigaCX fiasco. Hopefully we don't see any other cases with big customer losses, but it seems to be that season. Liqui.io shut down recently too. I'm sure a lot of smaller altcoin exchanges have been decimated by now. It's anyone's guess who will go belly up or pull off an exit scam next.

Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 05:11:17 AM

Oh Quadriga... that'll be an interesting one to follow. Can't really blame it on the market until more comes out of it, but it certainly isn't going to help any other Canadian exchanges anytime soon.

I was thinking one service that is suffering are pools - specifically BTC pools. Most of the Altcoin pools are doing just fine as there's a new coin every week. Some of the smaller BTC pools have continued to shrink and all but died off. Considering it's tough enough to get started gain trust  and operate a successful pool, the ones lost aren't being replaced  This was already happening but with the continued pressure on mining in general more farms have pointed to low variance large pools.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀