Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is on a cliff edge.  (Read 572 times)
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:43:23 PM

The problem is that I'm not sure if it is going to grab a hang glider, and soar off up into the blue skies.

Bitcoin was new and unique and interesting.  But now there are so many better alternatives.

I think Bitcoin will always be worth something due to a following - but it will never hit the levels it did in the past.

If vod says it,  there is no turning back, all of the words he comment to all of his posts is almost 100% accurate.
Especially to this thread.  (not a fan just a believer)

But atleast the downtrend is still not sinking very deep not unless if it happens.

Wise decision always matter. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:09:09 PM

The problem is that I'm not sure if it is going to grab a hang glider, and soar off up into the blue skies.

Bitcoin was new and unique and interesting.  But now there are so many better alternatives.

I think Bitcoin will always be worth something due to a following - but it will never hit the levels it did in the past.

If vod says it,  there is no turning back, all of the words he comment to all of his posts is almost 100% accurate.
Especially to this thread.  (not a fan just a believer)
I will now officially violate the rules of serious discussion.

All Hail the VOD!
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

If vod says it,  there is no turning back, all of the words he comment to all of his posts is almost 100% accurate.

All Hail the VOD!

So you guys dont believe that Bitcoin will reach a new ATH? Where is all the "to the moon" positivity in the early time of this year gone?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:39:57 PM

All Hail the VOD!

So you guys dont believe that Bitcoin will reach a new ATH? Where is all the "to the moon" positivity in the early time of this year gone?

Bitcoin must not "to the moon," but "take over the moon, and own it."
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 05:49:53 PM
Merited by ibminer (2)

This must be one of the few occasions when I don't agree with Vod. There is no alternative to Bitcoin, it is a completely unique product. There may be some coins that are better for certain purposes, but the structure of Bitcoin, and the years it has taken to build its loyal user base, mean that it is almost impossible for any other product to compete. Given the way that the major investors are soaking up large blocks of Bitcoin, it is obvious that it will be a major store of wealth in the future.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:28:38 AM

This must be one of the few occasions when I don't agree with Vod. There is no alternative to Bitcoin, it is a completely unique product. There may be some coins that are better for certain purposes, but the structure of Bitcoin, and the years it has taken to build its loyal user base, mean that it is almost impossible for any other product to compete. Given the way that the major investors are soaking up large blocks of Bitcoin, it is obvious that it will be a major store of wealth in the future.
There's gold, and platinum, and silver....

Bitcoin is the gold of crypto.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:30:18 AM

Seems to me that the Bitcoin drop in price is a form of manipulation. Look at Bitfinex - https://www.bitfinex.com/ - one of the top exchanges. Right on their front page they show all the coins they deal with, and statistics about them. If you look daily, you will see that new coins are jumping by over 200% sometimes.

All this means is the the blockchain implementation is going wild. Now, lets figure out all kinds of ways to use it.

Cool
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7858

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 02:28:19 AM
Merited by Majormax (1)

Whilst the majority of alt coins should be avoided, there are certainly some that will become important in the future. I don't believe that any of them will replace Bitcoin, but they will certainly have a role alongside Bitcoin. In fact the reason I wanted to start the Crypto Coin Tree was ro learn about alts, and to explore their structures. It is difficult to purchase them with Sterling, and most exchanges seem to want speculators to use Bitcoin. I took the decision to keep my Bitcoin for a few years, and not to spend any, and that is why I decided to open an alternative wallet with coinbase.

I'm trying to pick up a couple of coins that are given to content producers - namely Steem and Basic Attention Token, and BAT looks to be the most interesting one for me at the moment.

well  I would argue LTC could work as well at btc  for the main real reason to mine coins.

I would also argue I do not think it will happen.

Many big farms exist to help level loads on power plants = a real reason to mine

a load leveler tool for when plants have excess power production.

Since these kind of farms work hand in hand with power plants they do not care what coin they use as long as it makes a profit.

Changing to LTC =$$$ since the  amount of asics needed only exist as sha256 miners at the moment.

But a switch to BCH which ever fork you pick would also work.  It may be why  the downward pressure is happening.

My point is I see drops until feb or march.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 07:05:45 AM

The fungibility of Bitcoin is better than fiat currencies when viewed from an international perspective,

I've had many problems over the years with US dollar transfers, and the messing with Swift must cause difficulties for many significant countries in the current world economy.
prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:41:15 PM

Nahh, just the bottom created by whale manipulation.

Time to move up!  Cool
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:42:20 PM

The fungibility of Bitcoin is better than fiat currencies when viewed from an international perspective,

I've had many problems over the years with US dollar transfers, and the messing with Swift must cause difficulties for many significant countries in the current world economy.
No kidding, and it's getting slower and worse every year.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

I deposited some money with coin base ( they take Sterling), and I missed the dip. Why is it these things always happen when I'm asleep. I believe that Bitcoin will pull back once again to give the whales and bankers another chance to accumulate. I need to set my buying price a bit higher I think.

I'm buying to hold for 2 or 3 years, so really a few pounds isn't going to make much difference. Also, I need to consider the value of Sterling. 90% of world trade is done under WTO rules, but for some reason people think that will be bad for the UK economy, and that it is better to stay in the restrictive and debilitating EU prison. It looks likely that we will get the Brexit we voted for, and probably a new political structure as well. That will provide a rosy future, but Sterling will dip in the short term.

Ir will also be interesting to see what the mining structure looks like after Bitcoin has recovered.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12064

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

I want to buy some more, and I've funded my coinbase account. Now all I need to do is to choose the correct moment. I feel that Bitcoin is on a cliff edge, and I'm hanging on to see if it falls over. The problem is that I'm not sure if it is going to grab a hang glider, and soar off up into the blue skies.

Man why to be bothered prices are great at the moment if intentions are HODL....

If its been bought now or 1k lower.....

When it hits its long term price ranges it doesn’t matter to much, just buy all of your fiat into BTC @ these prices, if it Goes lower and there is extra or NEW fiat income..... yeah Then buy again.

Price doesn’t matter to much.
But yeah you know thats just like my opinion man Roll Eyes

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:34:30 AM

Bitcoin was new and unique and interesting. But now there are so many better alternatives.

Better alternatives....? As BTC? Like what....
thought you where a coiner....

Why do you think it wouldn’t reach its previous hights?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:05:36 PM

Toss the coin. If heads, click the buy button; if tails, toss again. Keeping tossing until you get the heads. Cheesy

Jokes aside, if you've loaded up the fiat in your Coinbase account, I'd personally suggest you go for it and just click on the buy button. There's definitely little room for a further sell-off; however, there's a whole kingdom to take on if we talk about the upside potential.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the upside potential

coiner speaking right there
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: