Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on a cryptocurrency social platform?  (Read 218 times)
TheZucc (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 163
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:24:38 PM

So for the past year I've been working on a social platform for cryptocurrencies (https://glowbe.org)
Why?
I think most platforms related to crypto nowadays are full of spam and low quality content and I wanted to create a closed community of people that are interested in being more 'educated' or objective.
Personally I dislike the idea of telegram/discord groups for cryptos because there's no way of having an objective conversation - you either shill or get shilled.

I'm interested in hearing more opinions about what you guys think - could something like this work?
Maybe you have suggestions or maybe you disagree with me. Let me know what you think about the idea.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niublity

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

Encrypted currency social platform? I know one, MIxin. I think it's the best social platform at the moment, it allows people to encrypt the communication process, no one can steal your chat data, such a social platform may become the mainstream of the future.

knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:55:39 AM

No matter in any platform you will create a community, if you educate in the wrong way, then automatically you will create a spammer. Sometimes we have provided the best education possible, but it is their personalities cannot change and they remain a spammer.
Mytoken

Activity: 392

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

In fact, the social platform does not need to rely on the blockchain, because its structure is very simple, you only need to provide users with a wider range of social scope and services!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Gagal Mancung

Activity: 202
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:52:25 AM

I think most platforms related to crypto nowadays are full of spam and low quality content

If you want promotion, there is no need to drop platform other.
The fact is a platform like bountyhive.io is much better than the platform where you work Tongue

Accept reality.
vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:56:29 AM

Here is the best crypto social platform. No social platform can be as influential as BTT. If you feel that here can't satisfy your crypto social needs, then I can't find a better one.
In fact, many people have asked questions similar to yours. They are standing on the moon looking for the moon.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:13:14 AM

the attempts that you are making are admirable but it is the internet and you can't really do anything about it. when people come online the anonymity they gain gives them some false sense of power that they tend to abuse and spam.
when money is involved which is the case of altcoins and trading them, everything they have been doing online becomes that much more intensified and there is no way of fixing that.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:19:16 AM

Whats your possible solution to the problem that you saw?

There are platforms like steemit that has good contents if you are a bookworm and you are in for some interesting contents.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TheZucc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

Here is the best crypto social platform. No social platform can be as influential as BTT. If you feel that here can't satisfy your crypto social needs, then I can't find a better one.
That's my point - I'm saying that there are really no more clean platforms and I'm suggesting that it might be possible to create one.

Whats your possible solution to the problem that you saw?
Enforce more strict rules, keep the platform invite-only or really hard to get in and make sure you have a base of 'good' users that will invite and refer 'good users'. As long as there's 51% good users that discourage low quality the platform will remain relatively clean. Encourage high quality and discourage low quality. There's no secret formula, it's all about how well you're willing to filter the users.
opv321

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:52:01 AM

I like steem. An online ecosystem that links your online activity and pays you for the time and effort that you put in online. A blockchain that can take the profit generated by the various apps coming on stream and distribute that between the people who have added that value there in the first place.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:53:53 AM

Enforce more strict rules, keep the platform invite-only or really hard to get in and make sure you have a base of 'good' users that will invite and refer 'good users'. As long as there's 51% good users that discourage low quality the platform will remain relatively clean. Encourage high quality and discourage low quality. There's no secret formula, it's all about how well you're willing to filter the users.
I've seen some platforms before like this that are exclusively for "invite-only" type of registration.

And it's really hard to get into it if there's no referral from the existing members. So this means that whomever will refer a new user, 'admins' are the ones to verify if that new user will be accepted?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
TheZucc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:14:42 PM

I've seen some platforms before like this that are exclusively for "invite-only" type of registration.

And it's really hard to get into it if there's no referral from the existing members. So this means that whomever will refer a new user, 'admins' are the ones to verify if that new user will be accepted?

No, you just need an invitation key to register. If you're fit in and contribute you'll be able to earn dogecoins by selling group buy ins or posting content, if you don't fit in and spam content you'll eventually get banned.
andrerusso

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:04:44 PM

isn't it steemit, reddit and bitcointalk are more identified as cryptocurrency platforms? did i miss anything? 😊
TheZucc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:18:10 PM

isn't it steemit, reddit and bitcointalk are more identified as cryptocurrency platforms? did i miss anything? 😊

We're debating whether a more exclusive and clean crypto platform could work or if is needed.
matteoricci

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:22:36 PM

are there new ones besides bitcointalk, reddit and steemit? maybe we haven't discovered all of it
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

I do not work on platforms. I also think that they are filled with spam and robots. I prefer to work differently

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:15:00 PM

No, you just need an invitation key to register. If you're fit in and contribute you'll be able to earn dogecoins by selling group buy ins or posting content, if you don't fit in and spam content you'll eventually get banned.
I see that you'll enforce stricter rules to avoid spam content.

That's good, everyone surely gonna like the idea of earning dogecoins as long as they'll contribute to the platform. What will be the source of income of that platform to sustain those contributors?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
TheZucc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:01:39 PM

I see that you'll enforce stricter rules to avoid spam content.

That's good, everyone surely gonna like the idea of earning dogecoins as long as they'll contribute to the platform. What will be the source of income of that platform to sustain those contributors?

If you like/dislike content it costs a small fraction of a doge - 90% goes to the user that posted, 10% goes to the platform. Same goes from groups creations and buy ins, awards ,etc. The platform doesn't reward users, users reward users for posting content.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:34:25 PM

So for the past year I've been working on a social platform for cryptocurrencies (https://glowbe.org)
Why?
I think most platforms related to crypto nowadays are full of spam and low quality content and I wanted to create a closed community of people that are interested in being more 'educated' or objective.
Personally I dislike the idea of telegram/discord groups for cryptos because there's no way of having an objective conversation - you either shill or get shilled.

I'm interested in hearing more opinions about what you guys think - could something like this work?
Maybe you have suggestions or maybe you disagree with me. Let me know what you think about the idea.
I think now there are already so many such communities in the telegram, but what is the point to make the whole platform. Private chat is already there, and discussions are already underway most likely.
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:03:23 PM

Why?

interesting idea. probably paid registration is better, if you want to focus on more educated people, as you mentioned. thus people who interested and understand would join and floodmakers would be too greedy to pay

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: