Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:02:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What and where to mine?  (Read 141 times)
Ameador1 (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

I am running a batch of S9 variants (110.5TH/s) and some L3 variants (2200GH/s). I also use AwesomeMiner which I can use for profit switching to an extent. I have not configured it to do profit switching and have been mining through NiceHash primarily. But, with margins getting tighter, I am looking to change to direct pool mining as I don't think NiceHash is increasing payouts in accordance with the recent drops in difficulty on the BTC blockchain. I would expect with 20+% drop in difficulty to increase BTC payout by the same or near the same % - but this is not the case with NiceHach.

So anyway, I was looking at WhereToMine.io to try to get a better idea of what pools to mine at. My margins are very tight, so I cannot go with a small pool that is only paying out 4 or 5 times per month as I can't reliably rely on the income to convert to cash to pay the power bill. I cannot tell though on this WhereToMine site what the real payouts are. I mean, it lists the different pools with what to figure on payouts based on hash rate, power use/cost - but like if the pool pays TX fees - is that included in the amounts they show that will be paid out from the pool based on that payment method - or is it just the block finders fee (12.5BTC)? Is there another site any of you would recommend to get a real idea of how the pools are paying out based on processing power, power use/cost? How do they lists the pools - including/excluding TX fees?

I have been under the impression it is best to mine with a pool that pays TX fees - but if these are included on the sites like WhereToMine then why are pools not paying TX fees showing better net payouts. Are the TX paying pools taking larger fees that counter the TX fee portion? Other?

I am also wandering if using profit switching with AwesomeMiner is worth it. It seems that bouncing around pools has a negative effect on earnings - some maybe just finding a good pool with good earnings/low fees and sticking to it might be better? What's your experiences with this - profit switching with ASIC miners in general and particularly with AwesomeMiner?

And lastly - looking at CoinWarz and WhatToMine - looks like mining BCH right now has better earnings potential that BTC, and on the Script side - some altcoins are doing well. Again, if I profit switch with AwesomeMiner I may be able to take advantage of better paying coins - but I think I would also be taking more risk that those coins may price jump more - it using profit switching - are the any services that I could setup a wallet with, so that I my payouts are made with those coins that when the alt coin is paid to that wallet - it is automatically exchanged to BTC or BCH for conversion to cash at a later point? Or some process that would mimic this?

Sorry for the batch of questions, but they are related and I figure better in a single post than multiple other posts.

Or - is there another approach to all this that you would recommend?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: