Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:40:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the best and safest bitcoin wallet??  (Read 511 times)
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 04:46:49 PM

I also recommend hardware wallet, i use ledger nano and never had any problem and i use it almost every week, but please always check the address you send on your ledger screen to be sure you not have the virus that change bitcoin address when copy and paste.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 12:06:18 AM

The second best thing to go is of course desktop wallets which are also free like electrum, at least with this kinds of wallets you can trust to hold your BTC for long term purposes.
You're right that desktop wallets are much better choice than online wallets. But still, it's not safest. You can lose all your BTC that you hold if your PC will be infected with virus or malware. I would say that paper wallets would be better choice if you're planning to hold BTC in long term. And offcourse, if you have a lot of BTC and you're planning to use it - get a hardware wallet. But if you have only $100-200 in BTC, then it's not worth to buy hardware wallet.

jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:18:33 AM

There are many choices if you really want to secure and create a bitcoin wallet address

Destop - Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin Knots, Green Address
Hardware - Digital Bitbox, KeepKey, Ledger Nano S, Trezor
Mobile - Simple Bitcoin, Bitcoin Wallet
Web - BitGo, BTC.com, Coin.Space

all are safe if you do not share your password or private key with others
At least give the reference: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

In my opinion, The Best and safe Bitcoin wallets are Coinbase and Blockchain. Both are secure. Both have 2 step verification. You should use coinbase and block chain wallet.
These are web wallets and an exchange, if you just read all of those suggestions before yours, you'll understand why these wallets shouldn't be your best option. Hardware wallet the best option for most and I do agree with that.

Keep your coins on it and you're not going to worry about it, you hold the private keys and you can recover it anywhere you want as long as you have the private keys.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 01:44:15 PM

i'm plan to buy a bitcoin but have a fear of hackers...suggest me the best and safest bitcoin wallet
Bitcoin has 2 types of wallet like as online wallet and desktop wallet.If you want to hold your bitcoin any safety place use Ledger Nano S , Trezor .On the other hand, you can also use bitcoin core and Electrum so get more information visit official site  https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet   forum post  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 02:15:03 PM

Crypto is all about self-responsibility and hence I would say that holding funds in our absolute control is the only way to keep it safe from any attacks. I am using the paper wallet as well as Trezor hardware wallet and never had any issues with it so far. I won't say that it is flexible as compared to that of web wallets but security is most important factor for me so I rarely keep my funds online.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

Hardware wallets are the safest and secured wallet for bitcoin. There are two most preferable hardware wallets these are Ledger nano S and Trezor both are excellent and safest wallets in the for the market for bitcoin. So buy them and make secure your bitcoin.
BlockGroup

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:25:37 PM

i'm plan to buy a bitcoin but have a fear of hackers...suggest me the best and safest bitcoin wallet

Ledger or Trezor products. Ledger are doing a 33% sale and all Wink
vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:51:06 AM

As the upstairs said, the safest thing should be the hardware wallet. As for the wallet program, see how to use it. If you are careful, you can do it very safely.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:34:47 AM

Hey your concerns are legit but these hacking happens mainly due to you using your wallet on a public wifi, or having virus on your machine, or sharing your details like private key or seed with others. I would recommend you Electrum wallet if the total bitcoins value is less than 100 bitcoins, if it's more than Trezor wallet those are the most secured wallet, but use them only if you plan to hodl a big amount of bitcoins.

Those are definitely common causes but you would need perfect online security to pull it off, which is unlikely. At the end of the day, if your private keys are online, your coins are always at risk. Electrum is a great wallet, but I wouldn't keep even 2 BTC in it.

If you absolutely don't want to spend on one, you may as well create a cold paper wallet -- the only important part is to make sure your private keys never touch the internet after all.

larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:46:40 PM

The safest and secured bitcoin wallet is a hardware wallet. Trezor and Ledger nano S is the best hardware wallet so far I know. If you want to keep safe and secure your bitcoins then buy each of them no one can hack your assets for sure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: