Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:48:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new scam  (Read 424 times)
TrezorMade (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:06:24 AM

Cryptocashback.org
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10858

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 10:35:10 AM

There is a thread created yesterday on the Scam Accusations board which goes into some of the details of how the conning process works, and the related chat conversation with someone representing that site (see Amazing attempt to scam! Read laugh and report it. cryptocashback.org).
I also found a comment saying that there was a second team behind the project now, being the first accused of performing an "exit scam" (see https://coincodex.com/crypto/cryptocashback).

Just stay away from sites of a kind, and even more if you are required to install anything to operate and the rewards are too good to be true ...
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:11:22 AM

Please support your claims with links to they website in other to first proof your point is right and secondly helping the members of this forum to stay away from such site. Well we all need to be careful on what extension we download from any site cause the cyber space is full with different people with different motives.
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:52:43 PM

Hello

Watch out for this new scam! I have encountered a new type of scam recently. The scammer says he will pay first (he gives you a trustworthy vibe) but only if you send him the cashback. What cashback? Well, he will send you to a website where you need to download an extension. And yes its a malware extension, he will obviously steal everything from you Grin Fortunately I have been a very long time on the internet and didn't fall for it.

Anyway watch out!
Good to know, thanks for this warning! I generally avoid any suspicious downloads, especially if someone on Telegram PMs me and I should download something. There's a big no for me. Finally it's only a story he spins around this scam to lead you to download something.
The story is just fluff and his argument to send first. Before he requires you downloading the malware download.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: