Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:32:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This might rocket Bitcoin to the moon, again....  (Read 1855 times)
hyunsookmom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:51:27 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:03:03 PM by hyunsookmom

I know this is stating the obvious but one major power of Bitcoin for the super rich is to move assets around the world in times of trouble, asset seizure and Gold simply just not doing what its supposed to do due to manipulation and laws regarding movement etc. (not an anti gold rant)

But has the real super rich moved any meaningful assets into bitcoin yet? At a market cap of less than 10 billion dollars then it really hasnt been touched by those who have to get out of a country due to conflict or government clamp downs on the rich.

I'm not suggesting we promote the idea of Bitcoin as a way for your average Oligarch to move his funds away from the taxation of the government but if say any serious conflict erupted then many mainstream rich might now know enough about Bitcoin to at least try putting some of their wealth into Bitcoin. Its not a new thing and I'm sure loads of Chinese officials have already done this but I think in the next stage of the coming collapse of economies and currencies which I believe is coming many will be running to Bitcoin, particularly across borders to escape governments controls.

In many ways i'm surprised the Ukraine conflict hasn't already caused a major spike...

PS I want to stick my neck out and say I think we are about to see a major spike in the price of Bitcoin that will surprise even some hardcore Bitcoiners. It sounds arrogant but I have a sixth sense for these things. Remember you heard it here first. Shocked

The MSM has been trying desperately to convince the world that Bitcoin is at later stages of a classic bubble when the reality which might be hard for even Bitcoin fans is that we are just in the stealth phase!  It sounds arrogant but I have a sixth sense for these things. Remember you heard it here first.

http://blog.stocktwits.com/wp-content/uploads/original_15986178.png  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:05:00 PM

[–]jonwaller 1 point 11 seconds ago

BEWARE! ZIP CONTAINS SUSPICIOUS EXE FILES!

What zip file, I think you're in the wrong forum, unless you're NSA? Undecided

bbeagle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

But has the real super rich moved any meaningful assets into bitcoin yet? At a market cap of less than 10 billion dollars then it really hasnt been touched by those who have to get out of a country due to conflict or government clamp downs on the rich.

Rich people are smart enough with their money not to fall for the bit coin scam.

When people legitimately can trade bit coins without fear of losing them, and can actually cash them out instantly without worry, then the rich might get into it. No matter what bit coin is 'worth', it's impossible to get the value out of it right now. There should be a lot of stories such as 'I bought 1,000 bit coin at $200 on Tuesday and cashed out on Thursday at $300.' I made $100,000 in just 2 days! Here's a picture of my yacht! But no--- nobody does that. Everyone follows their paper values and can't cash out when they want to.

The rich know how to take a 0.10 stock, buy a lot of it, and sell it all for 0.20 later in the day. It doesn't matter what the value of the stock is, as long as it moves, and they can actually buy and sell within seconds many times a day, they will put their money in and out of it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to day trade large portions of bit coin the way the currency is in constant flux, and the way all the exchanges are scams run by 15-year old developers who think that just because they can code HTML and PHP that they know everything about security.

Bit Coin is just the next Beanie Babies - a 50 cent stuffed animal, that somehow had values up to $3,000. That market had a 3 year run-up to unbelievable values. People paid $300 to own a 50 cent stuffed animal, and actually thought that $300 was a good investment. And then suddenly, within a month, the market was gone. I heard the same people back then talking about how the Beanie Baby market would help them retire. They ended up being worthless. Only the few people who got out right before the bust made any money.

Bit Coin is right at this bust point. No 'currency' has ever existed to make people rich. That seems to be the only point of bit-coin - to make the early adopters rich, in the guise that this is a currency. Sigh. Get out now, you might be able to make something, but it's probably too late now.

hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:29:39 PM

Rich people are smart enough with their money not to fall for the bit coin scam.

When people legitimately can trade bit coins without fear of losing them, and can actually cash them out instantly without worry, then the rich might get into it. No matter what bit coin is 'worth', it's impossible to get the value out of it right now. There should be a lot of stories such as 'I bought 1,000 bit coin at $200 on Tuesday and cashed out on Thursday at $300.' I made $100,000 in just 2 days! Here's a picture of my yacht! But no--- nobody does that. Everyone follows their paper values and can't cash out when they want to.

The rich know how to take a 0.10 stock, buy a lot of it, and sell it all for 0.20 later in the day. It doesn't matter what the value of the stock is, as long as it moves, and they can actually buy and sell within seconds many times a day, they will put their money in and out of it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to day trade large portions of bit coin the way the currency is in constant flux, and the way all the exchanges are scams run by 15-year old developers who think that just because they can code HTML and PHP that they know everything about security.

Bit Coin is just the next Beanie Babies - a 50 cent stuffed animal, that somehow had values up to $3,000. That market had a 3 year run-up to unbelievable values. People paid $300 to own a 50 cent stuffed animal, and actually thought that $300 was a good investment. And then suddenly, within a month, the market was gone. I heard the same people back then talking about how the Beanie Baby market would help them retire. They ended up being worthless. Only the few people who got out right before the bust made any money.

Bit Coin is right at this bust point. No 'currency' has ever existed to make people rich. That seems to be the only point of bit-coin - to make the early adopters rich, in the guise that this is a currency. Sigh. Get out now, you might be able to make something, but it's probably too late now.

If your account isn't entirely started to try to rubbish Bitcoin then I don't know what is. Who you working for?, seriously tell us, we wont tell...

I wonder what idea is scaring your superiors in my post? You know your job is pointless right in terms of historical purpose. Bitcoin wins, you lose..

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:34:33 PM

Wow, that certainly was a mouthful. There are many rich people of varying degrees all over the world that are involved w/ and holding Bitcoins so your main thesis is bunk. You're wasting your time here if you think you're gonna run up on this forum and think anyone is going to fall for your labeling of Bitcoin as a scam. You only discredit yourself, bro.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:42:29 PM

I know this is stating the obvious but one major power of Bitcoin for the super rich is to move assets around the world in times of trouble, asset seizure and Gold simply just not doing what its supposed to do due to manipulation and laws regarding movement etc.
The Bitcoin market is way too thin for that. Try to sell a few million in Bitcoins and you'll crash the price.

That's why the Winkelvii are trying to set up an ETF. They bought a lot of Bitcoins, but can't get out. What are they going to do, sell on Mt. Gox?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

I know this is stating the obvious but one major power of Bitcoin for the super rich is to move assets around the world in times of trouble, asset seizure and Gold simply just not doing what its supposed to do due to manipulation and laws regarding movement etc.
The Bitcoin market is way too thin for that.
Not for long.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

Bit Coin is just the next Beanie Babies.

file this one under the dumbest thing i ever heard someone say about bitcoin

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:14:46 PM

...says the guy who can't even get the basic spelling of spell "bitcoin" correct?

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

The fact all those "newbies" can post weird stuff so early makes ignoring them forever is soo much easier.  Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:30:14 PM

It's Bitcoin! One word, not two.
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

The fact all those "newbies" can post weird stuff so early makes ignoring them forever is soo much easier.  Cheesy

It's the best feature of this forum by far.  Cheesy
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

The Bitcoin market is way too thin for that. Try to sell a few million in Bitcoins and you'll crash the price.

That's why the Winkelvii are trying to set up an ETF. They bought a lot of Bitcoins, but can't get out. What are they going to do, sell on Mt. Gox?

I would say its thin and dispersed over many exchanges at the the moment but I wouldn't say its too thin. If some rich guy says to his financial advisor
 ok I want 10 million dollars in Bitcoin, they could go off and do that in a week or two without pushing the price up hardly at all. I would say the ETF is just to make it possible technically for fund managers to hold them and also its the language that fund managers understand, they are just middlemen, two idiot twins with a bit of savvy to see the future and a ton of money from Zuckerberg and connections to do something with it.

Anyway back to my original point. This is why I actually think the price can skyrocket from here as this sector of the world wakes up to realize its a viable way to move assets. So I agree with you the market is relatively thin and these elements coming onboard with far bigger sums are gonna push things a lot soon.  Bitcoin while mainly negative in the financial mainstream must be getting the attention of big money managers..

I hate to say this but war and chaos are Bitcoins best friends. In the last world wars it was gold and art work that got smuggled out of war torn areas, these days Bitcoin is the perfect tool.

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

2nd grade fundamentals!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: