Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:58:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why NEO cant be divided?  (Read 331 times)
MikeyVeez (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:43:52 PM

Hello, yesterday I bought some NEOs because price was soo nice. But I have find out that I can send only whole number increments of NEO. I mean that you can´t send 0.2 NEO, you only can send 1NEO.
And my question is why?
Imagine the price is 1NEO=150USD and you cant send 0.2 NEO. It doesnt make a sense.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:56:02 PM

Because there is no such property. but they will add this feature with the new update and will be divisible after that. That's why NEO is losing a lot. because investors do not divide what they buy, and they cannot transfer.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:18:44 PM

this is really a big minus of this currency. This is a property that has not been changed yet, I'm not sure that this can be changed at all. I am not an expert in neo. i don't have it in my portfolio

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:24:25 PM

I do not like neo. I think that whatever price it is right now you should not buy this coin. with such situation is happening in the market, I think that neo will not survive

MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:20:00 PM

Because there is no such property. but they will add this feature with the new update and will be divisible after that. That's why NEO is losing a lot. because investors do not divide what they buy, and they cannot transfer.
Are you sure that they will update that? I have heard that NEO cant be hard forked, so how they will do it? And do you know when does it happens approximately?

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Meggie Diaz

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

Hello, yesterday I bought some NEOs because price was soo nice. But I have find out that I can send only whole number increments of NEO. I mean that you can´t send 0.2 NEO, you only can send 1NEO. And my question is why? Imagine the price is 1NEO=150USD and you cant send 0.2 NEO. It doesnt make a sense.
Can you tell me from where you send it, exchange or private wallet? if you send it from an exchange, maybe the rules should be like that. Because there are several exchanges that determine the minimum limits for deposit and withdrawal, or maybe because NEO are created only to make large transactions. Because I have never made a transaction using NEO, so I don't know about this clearly. So is better to ask it directly on their telegram.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:51:41 PM

thanks for telling i didn't had any idea that neo can not be divided.. i purchased it couple of time for just trading purposes but never tried to move it to the wallet. this is really a bad thing for such good project

MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:27:48 PM

Well, because nobody knows why NEO cant be divided, I did my own research Cheesy.
And the reason why NEO cant be divided is: because it is a share (Antshare) of the company, and simply you cant divide a share Wink. GAS is a classic cryptocurrency that power the blockchain and can be divided.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:35:07 PM

It is their decision.

It becomes harder to use NEO when it gets more value.

If someday they made a fork or something i hope they add this.

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:00:26 PM

Yes it's true and I don't understand why devs made this choose, it has no sense expecially if they expect a big rise of NEO price.... I hope they will implement this feature soon!
mustafayasinsenturk

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:22:33 PM

One of the properties of the neon can be transferred as an integer. For this, always buy as an integer.
Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:33:33 PM

Hello, yesterday I bought some NEOs because price was soo nice. But I have find out that I can send only whole number increments of NEO. I mean that you can´t send 0.2 NEO, you only can send 1NEO.
And my question is why?
Imagine the price is 1NEO=150USD and you cant send 0.2 NEO. It doesnt make a sense.

Sorry to get off topic, but I don't see any positive news or technical updates of NEO. I'm not sure it's developing at all! What's going on with this coin? Is it worth investing and why? Thank you in advance!

warrior.coins22

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:09:03 PM

I even see cases like the one from your story that you wrote here, that NEO coins cannot be divided  Huh. Indeed, I am not a fan of NEO coins, but in my opinion this is an incident that I must understand to be used as a transaction experience. As far as I know NEO is a project with very good features.
 This is confusing to me.
MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:32:55 AM

And my question is why?

Sorry to get off topic, but I don't see any positive news or technical updates of NEO. I'm not sure it's developing at all! What's going on with this coin? Is it worth investing and why? Thank you in advance!
NEO is now currently working hard on the project and they do not post any updates on social sites.
Last year there was a big hype around this project because they announced a lot of new partnerships and so on and without news, price dropped.

mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

I think the fee depends on the market. Not all transaction market fees are 0.2.
The current NEO price is $ 5.87 and if at any time you sell at a price of $ 150 USD, you will get a profit of $ 144.23 per NEO. Are you still afraid of losing 0.2 NEO?
Collecting fees for this kind of transaction is cheaper compared to a fee based on percent
LittleMermaid
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:27:25 PM

The price of NEO continues to fall, looking at all the charts from some of the traders do not see the tendency of moving to the green zone...
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:24:44 PM

I think maybe you are talking about the neo wallet because if you buy neo on any exchanges
You are able to send in and out any fees in neo without it been indivisible

I think neo latest update should have that type of feature
But can we see neo back at 100$ ?
I hope so
raden1922

Activity: 294

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:29:47 PM

And my question is why?
I think this will be one of the shortcomings in the NEO feature, if it really can't be shared. This means that when dealing not only with a large nominal, but when a small scale is nominal, it must also be able to transact. I just heard this news and experience from you. I hope there will be a solution soon, especially for the developers.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:33:02 PM

Yh, got some NEO as well.
Was wondering about that as well.
But as bonus for that, you will receive some GAS for holding NEO.
IMHO - NEO one of the best coins in the market.
kamar25

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:04:44 PM

it depends on which market you use, sometimes there are some markets that have such policies. like HITBTC.
if less than 1 number. it can't be withdrawn

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: