Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for topic ordering in altcoin announcements?  (Read 18896 times)
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:51:10 PM

1. Disable posting on  altcoin announcements below Jr. member rank. Keep only read mode for newbie rank.
It would never be a solution. Can you imagine someone needs to be a member just to post in altcoin discussion will look how much shady? Newbie will just leave the forum while theymos is planning to attract newbie (people who care about decentralization and crypto) here through youtube promotion.

Most of the altcoins board threads are flooded with 20 pages or more with the same shit. I think an auto-lock after a certain page would probably work.

a minimum of Sr. Member and up must be eligible as they are the most experience here in the forum, not all but mostly.
There are a lot of Legendary with a lot of shits. And there are a lot of newbies who are more experienced than those so called Legendaries.

it's almost over a year now i request you please remove your negative now i am senior here i understand how things works here though i reported constantly scammers on bitcointalk when i found.hoe you understand Thanks
Hello, I think you should read this thread- What makes a post a HQ post. What makes a post a LQ post. ? merit - lets see??

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sudeshkumar

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:32:51 PM

I agreed to the idea for ordering the topic as suggested ,but there will be repercussions of it that the  topics of the most influential members who are having certainly a good intellect and knowledge will dominate the whole forum and the space for understanding and experiencing for the lower grade members will be shrunk and the attachment to the forum and new membership may jeoparadise.

━    ━   ●    Introducing     ►    Bluenote.world    ●   ━    ━
━    ● ▌   The Leading Blockchain Solution to a Zero Emission World   ▐ ●   
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:47:40 PM

Most of the altcoins board threads are flooded with 20 pages or more with the same shit. I think an auto-lock after a certain page would probably work.

Most yes, but not all. I don't think an auto-lock is the way to go, as you will end up killing some threads that will still have interesting discussion going on. Hopefully the proportion of interesting threads will increase with some of these new measure being put in place, and so the number of "false positives" that an automatic system would lock would increase. Better instead to just have a couple of dedicated mods for these boards who can increase spam removal, which will stop many threads reaching this point in the first place, and manually check and lock the ones which still become spamfests.
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:49:34 AM

Most yes, but not all. I don't think an auto-lock is the way to go, as you will end up killing some threads that will still have interesting discussion going on. Hopefully the proportion of interesting threads will increase with some of these new measure being put in place, and so the number of "false positives" that an automatic system would lock would increase. Better instead to just have a couple of dedicated mods for these boards who can increase spam removal, which will stop many threads reaching this point in the first place, and manually check and lock the ones which still become spamfests.
To be honest, I rarely get there something worthy. I remember recently LoyceV and Suchmoon have merited two different post which also not too interesting to me, but those were at least real discussion, not something by the sig spammers. Although I have never participated in altcoin discussion, I check some of the time when I get enough time. I am looking for investing couple of bucks in altcoins.
If we think about moderating the board with more dedicated mods, in that case, we need at least 3 mods who will be only do this tasks. I doubt 3 can cover. You know you will not find your thread after 1 minute of posting, jk.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:31:27 AM

Many good suggestions have already been made.
Let me just weigh in, going through posts on the altcoin ANN board, there is no much merit distribution, so I do not think that should be considered when deciding which stays in top.

To reduce bumping posts should only be highlighted once it gets a unique comment. Otherwise it slips down the page.

100bitcoin

Activity: 860
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 11:50:34 AM

@theymos any chance of this to be implemented anytime soon?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: