Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: paper trading V real treading  (Read 133 times)
forestx (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:44:01 PM

Hi
I have been doing day and swing trading on and off over the last year and I do like it
Overall my success rate is probably 70-80% but one issue is actually managing those losses
I did paper trading before hand and was successful with it and them did real life trading and got it right 3/4 of the time
But with paper trading was at 85% or so

Anyhow I haven't done any in a while and plan to start again in the new year and am practicing paper trading this last week
So far I am  10/10  however I know from experience this wont carry through with real trading. What do you feel is the sociological difference between paper trading and real trading. Do you feel you can predict movements better if its not real money or are more likely to jump into trades if its real cash and FOMO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gtcms
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

In paper trading there are no risks, but unfortunately in real trading there will be a lot of psychological and technical aspects, so we can't compare it. but for beginning paper trading is very good, but don't be too self-confident.

BitSeven.com - Leverage trading up to 100x /// https://www.bitseven.com
Mr.trader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 02:50:04 PM

dont go with paper trading its non sense do real trading put real money (but less) and practice with real trading we learn lot , reality will be there with paper trading we do neglect many things

if you practice paper trading for 1year and then you do real trading also it will not help

in my experience we never lose in paper trading , and we never gain in real trading  Grin Grin  its ok to put some money and practice this will help you a lot believe me
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:24:16 PM

There are two different platforms for demo and live trading platforms. It is easier to make so much money trading on a demo platform, which is paper money The platform for live trading is more difficult compared to when you are trading on paper money. I do not know whether the merchants are really the ones influencing the trading platform which sometimes become still without movement and every call will not be executed. But all these faults will never happen on a demo trading.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:53:49 PM

The biggest difference you'll face is the dynamism in real trading that you don't have with paper trading. And for that reason you need to be constantly adapting and reading a situation quickly.

If trading on low volume markets you'll also have to compete highly with bots which can make getting orders filled very annoying.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Marshall14

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:23:47 PM

In paper trading,you have absolutely nothing to lose,as you trade with relative ease and able to work using your normal senses as even if it goes wrong,its no different if it actually goes right

But when you've got your hard earned money on the line,i must tell you it's a whole new ball game,the pressure alone is intense.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:26:47 PM

Both are different in nature as we know paper trading is much easier than real trading. Literally, paper trading has no risk and can be able to make many profits where real trading has a risk if we compare between them but there are a lot of things to learn in real trading as it is practical.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:37:48 PM

Let me ask you this:

Do you have a well defined system by which you trade? What I mean is do you have a system that eliminates any and all subjectivity from your decision making?

If you do, then the only thing you should pay close attention to is never to deviate from your system in real trading.

If you don't, you should concentrate on a strict set of rules that define your trading system during the paper trading sessions. Once you have the system set, measure your success rate on a large enough sample of trading. Only then should you switch to live trading, and the success rate should remain more or less the same.
deandree

Activity: 67
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:51:17 PM

In paper trading (either by hand or software) you usually assume that the price you see is the price you get. In real life, there is order book, which means price us usually worse than what you would assume. It's called slippage.
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:37:02 PM

Let me ask you this:

Do you have a well defined system by which you trade? What I mean is do you have a system that eliminates any and all subjectivity from your decision making?

If you do, then the only thing you should pay close attention to is never to deviate from your system in real trading.

If you don't, you should concentrate on a strict set of rules that define your trading system during the paper trading sessions. Once you have the system set, measure your success rate on a large enough sample of trading. Only then should you switch to live trading, and the success rate should remain more or less the same.

This is very good advice, one of your biggest enemies in trading is emotion. It can be helpful in some situations but often it is going to prohibit you from making sound decisions. By having a clear methodology in place you can make sure that your emotions remain in check.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:50:09 AM

Anyhow I haven't done any in a while and plan to start again in the new year and am practicing paper trading this last week
So far I am  10/10  however I know from experience this wont carry through with real trading. What do you feel is the sociological difference between paper trading and real trading. Do you feel you can predict movements better if its not real money or are more likely to jump into trades if its real cash and FOMO

There's two sides to this, psychological and technical. When you're paper trading, there's no pressure to FOMO or let your losses run since you've got no skin in the game. Paper trading also tends to inflate win/loss ratio and profits because it doesn't properly account for order book slippage, server lag and things like that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: