Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheer up Michael  (Read 233 times)
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

Michael Cohen sentenced to three years in prison for crimes committed while working for Trump
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/michael-cohen-scheduled-to-be-sentenced-for-crimes-committed-while-working-for-trump/2018/12/11/57226ff2-fcbf-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.00f18adedb35

There is no evidence. You have none.

How you been, oldie?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:44:21 PM

Cohen made his case for leniency in front of a federal judge in Manhattan, accusing Trump of causing him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light," according to a Newsday reporter in the New York City courthouse.

"I have been living in a personal and mental incarceration ever since the day that I accepted the offer to work for a real estate mogul whose business acumen that I deeply admired," he said.

Oh, that was very touching.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

He got 3 years, what I want to know is, will there be consequences for DT? It seems there should be. I don't understand how his base still supports him after everything we have seen sofar.

Trump thinks there is no ground for impeachment but he deceived American voters. To me it sounds much like treason.
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:12:06 PM

He got 3 years, what I want to know is, will there be consequences for DT? It seems there should be. I don't understand how his base still supports him after everything we have seen sofar.

There gotta be consequences for DefaultTrust without any doubt!
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 07:17:34 PM

So your argument is a proven liar has some unproven stories about Donald Trump? Ok. Also if what he did is in fact illegal campaign contributions, what precedent does this set for about half of congress using public funds to cover up sexual harassment accusations?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/in_case_you_forgot__congress_paid_17_million_in_hush_money_to_protect_politicians.html

And finally to the real point of your out of context quote, where does the Russian collusion tie in here again? You still have nothing.
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:31:07 PM

And finally to the real point of your out of context quote, where does the Russian collusion tie in here again? You still have nothing.

Not long after Michael Cohen stopped pursuing a Trump-branded property project in Moscow, another Russian connection to the future U.S. president’s entourage started to form.

Like the real estate plan, it didn’t end well—particularly for Russian tycoon Viktor Vekselberg. His effort to engage in statecraft at the highest level unraveled spectacularly, costing him billions, cleaving his family and severing the extensive ties to the U.S. elite that turned him into what one Moscow newspaper called the “most American” of Vladimir Putin’s plutocrats.

This saga, much of it previously unreported, began with a chance encounter between Cohen, Trump’s now-disgraced former lawyer, and Vekselberg’s American cousin, Andrew Intrater, in the fall of 2016. Soon, Trump would be in the White House and Vekselberg would be privately boasting of having the pull needed to help achieve the sanctions relief the Kremlin was craving, people familiar with the matter said. Instead, he became the richest victim of the most dangerous standoff between the U.S. and Russia since the Cold War.
dogtana

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:12:25 PM

So your argument is a proven liar has some unproven stories about Donald Trump? Ok. Also if what he did is in fact illegal campaign contributions, what precedent does this set for about half of congress using public funds to cover up sexual harassment accusations?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/in_case_you_forgot__congress_paid_17_million_in_hush_money_to_protect_politicians.html

Has half the congress actually been found guilty of this cover up before courts?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 09:12:42 PM

Not long after Michael Cohen stopped pursuing a Trump-branded property project in Moscow, another Russian connection to the future U.S. president’s entourage started to form.

Like the real estate plan, it didn’t end well—particularly for Russian tycoon Viktor Vekselberg. His effort to engage in statecraft at the highest level unraveled spectacularly, costing him billions, cleaving his family and severing the extensive ties to the U.S. elite that turned him into what one Moscow newspaper called the “most American” of Vladimir Putin’s plutocrats.

This saga, much of it previously unreported, began with a chance encounter between Cohen, Trump’s now-disgraced former lawyer, and Vekselberg’s American cousin, Andrew Intrater, in the fall of 2016. Soon, Trump would be in the White House and Vekselberg would be privately boasting of having the pull needed to help achieve the sanctions relief the Kremlin was craving, people familiar with the matter said. Instead, he became the richest victim of the most dangerous standoff between the U.S. and Russia since the Cold War.

So the fact that a real estate mogul planned potentially to do a project in Moscow, but didn't, is proof Russia colluded with him to get him elected now?

Has half the congress actually been found guilty of this cover up before courts?

Guilty of what? You mean like guilty of "campaign finance violations"? Was Trump found guilty or some douche bag duplicitous lawyer?

If this is the new precedent (yes this is a new precedent), then yes half of congress is liable to be charged the same way, because there is no difference between what they did and this, except they used public funds to do it.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:38:41 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2018, 03:13:19 PM by Spendulus

The comment you responded to was this...

if what he did is in fact illegal campaign contributions, what precedent does this set for about half of congress using public funds to cover up sexual harassment accusations?

Might want to think about that. Let's say the answer is "No" but the assertion is correct. That means "only trump's attorney was prosecuted, of half of congress that's guilty."

Regarding illegal campaign contributions, it's almost always an administrative fine, not the civil court system. That's the way a regulatory bodies work.

Unless of course, it's a high profile Republican conservative like Dinesh D'Souza....
dogtana

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:23:44 PM

No, you said about half of congress was using public funds to cover up sexual harassment accusations.

I didn't ask your opinion wheter half the congress should be charged, I asked if half of congress was found guilty of this in a court of law like Cohen was.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

No, you said about half of congress was using public funds to cover up sexual harassment accusations.

I didn't ask your opinion wheter half the congress should be charged, I asked if half of congress was found guilty of this in a court of law like Cohen was.

True. Asked and answered. However this article may be of interest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/michael-cohen-sentencing-campaign-finance-law/

Many Americans have convinced themselves that Trump is a uniquely dangerous and bad man, such that any available tool should be used to expel him from office. But in that way lies the bigger threat to our democracy and rule of law......

We do ourselves no service by distorting and misapplying our campaign-finance laws in the hope of bagging Donald Trump.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 06:51:48 PM

The whole point of the payoff system is to PREVENT it reaching the public (ie courts). Can you tell me what functionally is different between what Cohen did and what Congress is doing with public funds? What do you think the consequences of such overreach in campaign finance law would have on YOUR candidates? Who cares, as long as it makes Trump look bad by association right? Dems have been given just enough rope to hang themselves with and they wrap it around their neck with glee ready to jump from their chair. Go right ahead so the rest of the world can finally clean up after your decades of hubris and dictators with fuzzy pink pussyhats.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

The whole point of the payoff system is to PREVENT it reaching the public (ie courts).....

And subverted, the whole point is selective enforcement of the payoff system to enforce political objectives.

Which is exactly what we are seeing in this case.

I think that's right out in the open and undisputed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: