Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors?  (Read 559 times)
ahmadakbari (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:13:03 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 09:38:15 PM by ahmadakbari

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCgrinders.com
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 3

Exclusive Crypto Rebates for Poker/Sports/Trading!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 09:21:09 PM

It could be technical issues, if they allow really same sales, it could clog up the transactions on the ETH network (or other network if they ICO on some other smart-contract platform) and slow down their system.

It does seem that it would be better to have things be more distributed, hence, why Bitcoin has such a higher price than all altcoins. Bitcoin is more distributed, there is gamblers who have it, drug dealers, politicians, libertarians, crazy woods people, gun holders, people in every country in the world. It is extremely distributed, and continuing to be even more so because the ability to mine is open to everyone. Anyone can get in the mining game and fabricate chips to attempt to do proof-of-work.

This is why Bitcoin is a phenomenon, and ICOs have been a flash-in-the-pan, using gimmicky techniques and silly restrictions like you mention. They don't want to help people. They want to help themselves, the people ICOing.

Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:17:39 PM

I have seen a lot of ICOs, where fixed and minimum amounts are asked for. For instance, an ICO might ask for $100 as the minimum amount anyone can invest and there are some that sometimes ask for huge amount of money. This can result into investors not wanting to invest into the project, because they are being care of not investing what they cannot afford to loose.
Checkoi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

I think that because in this way they screen out potentially weak investors who don’t donate anything to the project

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:20:09 PM

They want to assure that they will reach even the soft cap.

They can't just allow any person to invest with any amount. That's like an hybrid type of distribution, they have a model which they follow so they impose a minimum amount of investment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 11:22:34 PM

I see most ICOs limit the amount that investors can invest in. It's necessary for the project who don't want a single investor to hold too many coins.

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:31:46 PM

This is crowd sourcing and they should not put a minimum on how much an investor should invest in a project. Putting a minimum is like a discrimination to people who want to invest but have only small amount of money on hand.
makadaka

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:35:38 PM

I do not support this decision as I think that people should be able to invest any amount

▐ █   CoinFast |█   https://coinfast.io/ ))
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬  [  Join the Whitelist  ]  ▬▬ ●●
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:49:12 PM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

What will happen if these stakes will be held by a single or a few people only? there will be a lot of manipulation in the market because it has distributed in a few token holders only. A few holders can manipulate the price of coin.
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:52:00 PM

In my opinion, the reason why there is a minimum nominal is that they have had the numbers of the investors that they will gain. In my opinion, so far, the minimum number to invest in an ICO is also small so we can make it as the consideration. It also depends on how they can distribute the token or coin to the investors if they only buy very small coins.
kerzhake

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

this is a very competent decision, because in this way they raise the amount that they can collect from investors and the project will develop faster

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:57:50 PM

Maybe it's to avoid very small transations and this will lead to more traffic or issues regarding to all users. And more questions to clear. Means more expenses. But it's only my guess.

I'm a friend of low entry barriers. Maybe 50$ should be enough. In many countries 50$ can be very much money.

As said above, 1000 investors will cause more question and possible issue than one investor.

To be fair, I agree here, I don't like projects where many rich people hold most tokens or coins, like Ripple. Such projects are not good ones.  Wink
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

In my opinion, imposing a minimum amount is needed. What do you think if someone wants to break your ICO with thousands of transactions but only 1 token purchased for each transaction? However, the minimum have to be appropriate. Too high requirement is also bad to attract small investors.

On the other hand, they want the real investors to get involved in their project. It will be better while they are deloying project.

Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:23:14 PM

because they want to get the soft cap as early as possible not a bunch of investors that only cause a traffic in the system, it is also a prerequisite attracting other investors to invest in the 2nd stage.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:51:20 PM

Project developers themselves have the right to set their own rules and, accordingly, the minimum and maximum amounts of investments — as long as no one controls the market for ICO projects. Perhaps after this long decline in the market, the situation will change and the rules when investing in ICO projects will change.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 08:06:28 PM

yes the scheme on works with ico manage on projects deliverance might helps as gathering collection of funds on supports as managing future chance on projects with the service deliverance,
as developer keep on extending entrance on authorizing use of possession as the works on objectives to manage with customs on strategic dominance on personal preference.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:13:41 PM

I think there are two issues when they come up with a minimum amount of money to invest. A minimum is what they want to know if the investor really wants to invest in their project. Second is the transaction fee is not low, so if the $ 1 investment is really too wasteful of fees
Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:15:52 PM

You are absolutely right. It's better to find 1 investor and cooperate with hime rather than with a crowd. But if the project can't take enough investments from private sales, they make public sales.
ganegani91

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:10:47 PM

in essence, all ICOs will not reject whales, because with the investment they provide, ICO will be very easy to reach the softcap target, not much can be done, whales always have a way to play

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Checkoi

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

I believe that this is a fraud because absolutely all people should be able to invest

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: