Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors?  (Read 559 times)
Badhuamin

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:33:25 PM

indeed, it is better for everyone to participate even though they may invest little but it will be much better if compared to investors who invest heavily because they can play the price as they wish.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:33:52 PM

I have seen a lot of ICOs, where fixed and minimum amounts are asked for. For instance, an ICO might ask for $100 as the minimum amount anyone can invest and there are some that sometimes ask for huge amount of money. This can result into investors not wanting to invest into the project, because they are being care of not investing what they cannot afford to loose.
the aim of the minimum amount is to keep investors serious in buying. because if we have spent a lot of money then we will definitely be better and more serious in trying to give good input. if the ICO does not provide a minimum limit, what happens is that investors will enter and leave themselves without being able to make meaningful contributions.

hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:41:55 AM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

It is just their decision to easy count the investors and avoid also a very low capping and fund that they will going to get. I think it is a good decision in order to collect much better fund rather than to let investors spend too low.
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:54:10 AM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

I'm of the same opinion as you. The more people take part in the sale, the more chances the project has to become popular among investors and traders.
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:53:53 AM

Its most important for investor could sell their asset after listing on exchange market, why have minimum for investing on ICO project, without have limited for minimum maybe many investor could not sell their coin on exchange market.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:32:37 AM

In my opinion, imposing a minimum amount will make the investment more tangible. I'm certain that if there was no minimum amount, some people will purchase only 1 token. It will also reduce the work load of the team, because there will be no insignificant purchase. In sending tokens, gas fee is required and the team will save the cost of transferring insignificant number of tokens.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:39:01 AM

Its most important for investor could sell their asset after listing on exchange market, why have minimum for investing on ICO project, without have limited for minimum maybe many investor could not sell their coin on exchange market.
Investors who invest their money in projects should keep these coins and not sell immediately after listing. This suggests that they do not believe in the project and then they are not investors but speculators

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:56:02 PM

I'm of the same opinion as you. The more people take part in the sale, the more chances the project has to become popular among investors and traders.
You know majority of these ICO has target and they also have timing associated to these projects, if they are to go by the rule of number of investors and not amount of investment, majority of them will end up not meeting their softcap, talk less of stepping on the hardcap lather.

To really gain attention of people and convince them to partake in a project is quite very challenging especially in a market full of competitions, the only way it can work is when there is a general law in place that places a maximum amount an investor can put per project and to be abided by every other ICOs out there, otherwise, any ICO that practices these will end up failing.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:03:47 AM

The whales investors in the private sales and pre-sales are having more limit to invest on the project, because they have lock period usually.
But in ICO, almost there is no lock period, therefore ICO limiting the amount of personal cap in main sale.
Otherwise, the main sale investors can manipulate the price of the token/coin.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 07:08:23 AM

As for me, the minimum amount for ISO eliminates pseudo investors. Because serious people will not play with one token. It seems to me that it is more clever.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:20:28 AM

You have a point there, but the major reason in my opinion concerning why ICOs set a minimum amount users can buy is mostly because they have put a price tag to the value of their project. They feel their project aint worth $10 investment and feel its an insult for people or participants of the ICO to buy $10 worth of their tokens.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:52:20 AM

They also need the minimum and maximum amount of they need so ico project can under go what they need to do om their roadmap but lot of ico project don't reach it so the project getting scammed sometimes.
It does happen but we are here talking about when the minimum investment investment is indeed done by the ico which might be able to make manipulations regarding the financing

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:30:38 AM

I think that the more serious and promising the project, it sets a high bar for the minimum investment. Such projects require interested investors who are willing to help develop the project, and not those that invest only for the purpose of enrichment.
And for ordinary projects, the minimum amount is set at a low level in order to raise money due to the maximum number of investors who can afford to invest, for example, $ 100.
ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 10:28:19 AM

The minimum amount is required to restrict people without having money. I mean every person that is in this industry can afford the minimum investment barrier of any ICO. Private sales are for big investors and they are getting more attractive prices.
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 10:52:10 AM

Yeah, almost every ICO will need a minimum amount to be purchased by the investors.
I personally will not matter about this, for, commonly, their minimal amount is not at the high numbers. They are still reachable.
Each developer or team needs that minimum amount because they have the system. It relates to how they will distribute the token to their investors and how their system readiness.
Imagine if there are so many investors in a project but the amount is very small that will make the team feel inconvenience on their working system, and also smart contract deliver.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 10:55:14 AM

Maybe because now there are a lot of scammers in the field of ICO. Because already and begin to set the conditions to confirm that they are not rogue.

junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 10:59:15 AM

Maybe because now there are a lot of scammers in the field of ICO. Because already and begin to set the conditions to confirm that they are not rogue.
one of them might be, then the price of ico tokens which continued to decline could not even reach the ico price which made investors also reduced. other factors may be the price of altcoin on the market that is being cheap, it makes investors better to buy altcoins on the market than investing ico.

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 11:01:23 AM

I believe minimum amount to be purchased is good
It ensures that true believers or investors are serious contenders

We cannot allow 5$ or 10$ purchases in an ico, it would unnecessary cause a traffic that’s not needed
malphite534

Activity: 319

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 03:38:51 PM

Easily to get the softcap so they implemented a minimum amount of investment as we seen the icos now are not reaching the softcap even it has a lot of investors.so they do a technique to reach the softcap.
kleshovab7

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 04:20:02 PM

When investing in ICO was hard, then there were big profits. And now even a schoolboy can buy and then sell in fear. Therefore, the price flies down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: