Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:35:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors?  (Read 559 times)
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 04:22:13 PM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

If there's no limit then there's always be a huge uncertainty about the success of the token. We never want that one guy controls more than 50%-80% of the supply because that's how rich people maintain their status. It should be fairly distributed because we never know if that guy is really a believer of the project and them dumps it in the midst of the success of the project then it would be a total chaos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:14:01 PM

Everyone wants the best way to invest so they don't lose each other, in trade we don't know whether the vulnerability due to ICO is very high and hackers are rampant. I hope the developers prioritize fair cooperation with investors because we both work and seek profits. Financial management must be able to anticipate that prices of tokens are stable and high from the money of participating investors.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:14:47 AM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

I am agree that ICOs should not put minimum investment and let retail investor come to the project. Its more fair and more holder is good for long term. If whales hold most token, price manipulation could happen and i think its make the project like speculation for short term
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:26:35 AM

In this version, there are many pros and cons, but it seems to me that there are more cons, as the load on the crypto currency(ETH) will increase, scammers will begin to deceive dozens of times more people, a drop in confidence, an even more negative attitude to the currency and so on

IParn

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 10:58:36 AM

It seems to me that everyone wants to play it safe because it sets some conditions. Who is the minimum amount, who is the minimum number of tokens.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Squirrel Dearing

Activity: 766
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:00:48 AM

For a blockchain startup, the main thing is to collect the necessary amount for the ICO, and how many investors will buy coins is not so important. But at the same time to protect the project, one investor is set limits on the number of coins that he can buy.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:07:34 PM

I think its because of the processing fee. Buying with just 1$ will be difficult for developers to process the transaction easily.  And another reason is because its easier to sell of easily to  whales that buy plenty than to small investors
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:11:36 PM

True but i'm sure the project owner prefer sold out their token sales only from private sale or pre-sales. Easy money and it's more guarentee that the investor invest their project. I'm agree though, it's better to distributed among more people, not only 1-5 people, because i'm afraid they can control the token price.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:38:09 PM

I believe minimum amount to be purchased is good
It ensures that true believers or investors are serious contenders

We cannot allow 5$ or 10$ purchases in an ico, it would unnecessary cause a traffic that’s not needed
Quite through, and aside bringing quality investors, it will also make the cap to be raised quickly within a short time frame. Most of these projects that has minimum an investor can bring in actually end up getting rich investors who will not give me any stress along the line, and the stress I am talking about is the one for dumping.

Even if 1 or 2 investors dumb their own coin, it will have no effect much on the market value and at the same time, there won’t be any pressure on them whereby they will take their time to full grow the project till their coin stabilizes.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:58:57 PM

I am agree that ICOs should not put minimum investment and let retail investor come to the project. Its more fair and more holder is good for long term. If whales hold most token, price manipulation could happen and i think its make the project like speculation for short term
This is quite true, they might probably not see it this way because of most developers selfish ambition, their goal is to quickly sell of their token irrespective of the number of investors, instead of placing a minimum order, what they should have worked with is maximum amount an investor can put into the systems at once, this will give opportunity to many other investors and at the same time disable the ability of one single entity to hold a very large portion of the coin that will result to dumping when he/she decided to sell the coin, if they limit it, there will be balance between holding and dumping.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 10:38:50 PM

Projects that allow investment of any amount, tend to get more retail investors, but those who impose a particular amount is more or less like setting some restrictions and that will limit the amount that will be raised from them. Rather most of the sales will be made through private investors, which is what has been happening to projects these days.
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 10:58:23 PM

It could be a range set to define the caliber of investors they wish to attract and also it could be a sign of urgency to enable them meet up with ico sales deadlines. It's better to collect ten 1000usd investments than collect hundred 20 usd investments

rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 02:36:36 PM

They also need the minimum and maximum amount of they need so ico project can under go what they need to do om their roadmap but lot of ico project don't reach it so the project getting scammed sometimes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: