Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PoW is very important  (Read 453 times)
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:20:14 PM

I don't think PoW is important any more. too much energy consumption.
and do nothing better than PoS, or master node. while 2 ohers are faster and less energy cost

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 04:51:24 PM

POW might be important for BTC but not for ETH. ETH needs to scale and lower the entry barrier for all. After POS, you won't need to have technical knowledge or hardware farms to mine ETH. Also we have to consider the ecological effects of mining. We can give whatever reasons for POW, but the truth is that it does waste a lot of electricity and hence the natural resources. Electricity itself is a major resource and still a lot of countries and areas are without electricity. Personally, I think in near future POW mining will be totally banned by countries, especially developing countries.

alevlaslo (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:39:14 PM

You don't consider many factors, an engine on water has long been invented, but this technology is banned because it devalues the fuel companies that rule the world. I think for this reason bitcoin is not banned, it is a good consumer of energy resources

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:11:00 PM

I would be thinking if it affect the whole market, especially when a coin turns into PoS for the mechanism of the blockchain.
PoW is important in cryptocurrency ecosystem, but this process paying a high cost
that's why PoS is another solution for keep protect Cryptocurrency ecosystem

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

PoS can only Supplement PoW, but not replace

markalis

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

actually I don't really understand what PAW technology is and what its overall use is, but if that's what ethereum needs, then they have to do it

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:50:54 PM

ETH will give up PoW, I think this is a big mistake, so I moved to ETC. First: the miners is an ecosystem, the more people in the system is better. Compare Microsoft and Linux, the code of first is closed, and the second is open and better, but more money in the first because more people. Secondly: manners make it impossible to intervene in your money without hard fork, no one will be able to freeze your money, but for one person hard fork will not to do  

pos will result in the accumulation of the eth in few big hands and these people get more rich but you can also not ignore this fact that pos is more expensive and some countries are reluctant to provide the electricity to the miners

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:56:55 PM

Proof of Work indeed is a nice way to secure the network, but you have to take into account the massive amounts of power that PoW uses up. The electricity just costs so much that smaller players get eaten out of PoW and after that has happened, big corporations and businesses. The last two may have the possibilities and the intention to organize 51% attacks against the network.

For PoW to really work, the main hashpower needs to divided thoroughly between many small players Smiley. This just isn't the case anymore...

louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:57:41 PM

ETH will give up PoW, I think this is a big mistake, so I moved to ETC. First: the miners is an ecosystem, the more people in the system is better. Compare Microsoft and Linux, the code of first is closed, and the second is open and better, but more money in the first because more people. Secondly: manners make it impossible to intervene in your money without hard fork, no one will be able to freeze your money, but for one person hard fork will not to do  

Developers have the right to choose for their coins any method of mining that suits them. Nobody forces you to extract only this coin.
You have to understand that all this is necessary in order to improve the ETH technology, otherwise competitors will press it.

sallasvve

Activity: 280

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

Yeah, I think that's a bad idea, too. It would be better if they remained on the old mining system.

alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 07:35:37 PM

Opera has released a Android browser with ETH wallet support, convenient for payment in stores, but it is necessary to increase the number of transactions, but such a wallet will be suitable only for hot storage. And for the cold will be better ETC, do not need a large number of transactions, but important is PoW. I think both these coins will complement each other and will be equal in capitalization

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:45:32 PM

Proof or work is what will help to sustain the system and prevent serious dump in price. Formerly, i assumption used to be that, since the cost of production of a coin is high, definitely there won't be much dump and peradventure it happens, the market will quickly recover. Miners will always be at the receiving end, by the time there is adverse or serious dump in price. Proof of stake can easily lead to dump.
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

Yes, Cardano is the leader of the fall probably for this reason

alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:17:34 PM

I think since the transition to the PoS ETH will fall in 2 times because mining is half of the ecosystem of the ETH, applications-the second half. Now add this half of the marketcap to the ETC and count how much XXX ETC will grow

Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 06:20:43 AM

Community support or not support it’s a final decision of the developer Ethereum.

Ethereum is also promoter of the first platform dapp big-changes once implementation on smartcontract well I guess everyone knows that. this consensus was change also affects ecosystem networks, mining energy-consumptive, nodes, transactions etc.

honestly I was a miner also participant nodes. Doubt, so I’ll see how the community still support a nodes on the ethereum will turn into PoS

Yes everyone expects the ethereum network running smoothly, but whether it full developer support or require participation from the community. I'll see it

Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 06:32:54 AM

Before mining became less profitable ethereum was one of the most profitable to mine and almost 70% of miners always prefer to mine ETH ,i have same thought as you ,I don't know what they are thinking ,would have been better if ETH will use both POS and POW but let's all wait and find out how things will work out for ethereum
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:39:17 PM

for apps and hot wallets ether is better, it will go to PoS and become fast as EOS but for Deposit and cold storage better ETC and bitcoin because they are with PoW and better protect the integrity of users ' money. Perhaps for this reason Vitalik does not want a hybrid mode, he made a bet on the applications. When mining for each operation you have to pay and expect, it is very inconvenient for applications

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: