Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto debit card for FIAT payments - would you use one?  (Read 618 times)
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 05:46:33 AM

usually debit cards have limitations in making transactions, so I am not interested in using them
interested friends here might consider the features and services that will be obtained, and of course the differences using FIAT-based crypto vs debitcard-based debit cards
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrezorMade

Activity: 74
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:57:22 PM

I think STK has a partnership with mastercard.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:54:51 AM

I think i will use the debit card and i dont have a problem with doing KYC. In these days, if we want government regulate cryptomarket, government should know because its about collecting taxes. I am believe there is nothing wrong with KYC because we not using crypto for criminal activity

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
artbart (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:54:13 PM

I think i will use the debit card and i dont have a problem with doing KYC. In these days, if we want government regulate cryptomarket, government should know because its about collecting taxes. I am believe there is nothing wrong with KYC because we not using crypto for criminal activity
that is almost exactly my point of view too. Avoiding KYC to me means, you are actually avoiding taxes. Or you are simply washing money or finance criminals.
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

Hello,
I'm here to explore the demand for crypto debit card.

The basics behind it is actually very simple:
1. You own some crypto funds on your account on an exchange (crypto/FIAT markets) that has partnered with a debit card provider. You'd have to identify yourself (pass KYC).
2. You get the card. It is a basic mastercard  debit card for FIAT payments. No magic.
3. When you use it, it automatically exchanges your crypto to FIAT based on the amount you're spending. You would even be able prioritize the order in which your crypto is to be exchanged the first, the second, etc.

So, would you use one?  
If yes, would such service motivate you enough to open an account on the exchange that is not (yet) one of the TOP ones?

Disclaimer: I'm a business owner in a position to offer such service. Knowing your opinion would help me a lot. So, thanks in advance!
Hi artbart, I will be honest, I would be very interested.
Some replies on here make me laugh. "Bitcoin is not to be spent in fiat currencies" well speak for you, but the big majority of people are like me, they either hold, or cash out their profit in fiat currencies to pay for flight tickets, nice vacations, nice gifts.
Who buys things with Bitcoin?

I will be very interested to use your service if the exchange rate is fair and close to what Bitstamp offers right now. However it looks like a tricky process, both Advcash and Mistertango had their cards disabled last year. Advcash is working hard again to deliver a new one but it is taking forever.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:18:10 PM

IMHO I think that this Mastercard debit card link is not necessary as long as you are well connected to any banks that you of course would offer fast deposits. I would actually prefer this one as I know I could easily liquidate my position with the exchange. What you are offering is good but it will just actually encourage me on spending my earnings more with a debit card in my hand. But on the other hand you will have a different market for what you are offering as not all people would like a debit card because of what I have said.
artbart (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:37:49 PM

Some replies on here make me laugh. "Bitcoin is not to be spent in fiat currencies" well speak for you, but the big majority of people are like me, they either hold, or cash out their profit in fiat currencies to pay for flight tickets, nice vacations, nice gifts.

I will be very interested to use your service if the exchange rate is fair and close to what Bitstamp offers right now. However it looks like a tricky process, both Advcash and Mistertango had their cards disabled last year. Advcash is working hard again to deliver a new one but it is taking forever.
Great, I'll let you know when it is available from us. We'll use a different flow to process these payments, so, I hope we will build a sustainable service for crypto debit card. And again, as I've mentioned before, this card will not be crypto card, it will be a regular FIAT card, but processed, hopefully, in a smarter way, than competition does.

reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:56:01 PM

Great, I'll let you know when it is available from us. We'll use a different flow to process these payments, so, I hope we will build a sustainable service for crypto debit card. And again, as I've mentioned before, this card will not be crypto card, it will be a regular FIAT card, but processed, hopefully, in a smarter way, than competition does.

Good to hear Smiley I am not sure if you are able to give too many details (could be sensitive info), but how do you explain that some companies lost their contract with their debit card provider? I was getting worried. Even paranoid, I thought it was the end for these types of services (Payeer also lost a contract).
Are there many providers on the market?

And one last question, do you think you'll be able to send the card to Asian countries? (usually this kind of service is restricted to Europe). I am actually a citizen of Europe, but spend most of my time in Asia (two residences). Thanks and good luck guys!
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:44:14 PM

Actually this is very interesting, but what about crypto values? If for example now I use a crypto debit card to buy something and after a few minutes the price drops, won't that hurt? Then what about the security? Seeing that there is still a lot of fraud and the vulnerability of losing coins, I don't think it is suitable if it is used as a debit card because it is less efficient. But if it can be overcome it may not be a problem and a good step.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:42:58 PM

i dont see the need of this one although the idea is nice and really convinient. All the functions youve mention are all can be done using our personal mobile phones. Here in my country, there is this one application which can withdraw your crypto or even send or transfer funds using QR codes. I guess this is the same function you are reffering to.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:12:10 AM

Yes, such a debit card would be very convenient to use. I used to use a virtual wallet for settlements with online stores, and Bitcoin could be used there as an additional service. That is, it was possible to transfer Bitcoin to this wallet, however, it is no longer possible to withdraw funds from Bitcoin from this wallet. As soon as Bitcoin enters the wallet, it is withdrawn by the bank, and the same amount in Bitcoin remains in the account. At any time, you can make a purchase by removing a certain number of bitcoins, which come to the seller already converted to normal currency at the rate at the time of the transaction. Very comfortable, I liked it. You can follow the course of Bitcoin and make purchases when it has a high rate, but it does not need to be cashed.

Farahtenan

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 11:52:12 AM

It may look easy, effective and useful, but it looks wasteful. In addition, the value of unstable coins makes it uncomfortable. Not all will use a debit card and certainly it will be wiser for people who are able to do it.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:48:20 PM

I'm not interested in a debit card at all. The exchange price is different on each exchange. I am sure that the price of such centralized centers will be lower. Why sell bitcoin cheaper? The relevance of such cards will be only in the case when it will be possible to spend bitcoin for purchases without exchanging for Fiat but it is still very far away.
kannibole

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:57:29 PM

Crypto debit i think, cause is simple and Don't need bringing something  Grin
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 01:45:32 PM

It may look easy, effective and useful, but it looks wasteful. In addition, the value of unstable coins makes it uncomfortable. Not all will use a debit card and certainly it will be wiser for people who are able to do it.
moreover bitcoin has a high volatile, so it's hard to determine. and I think there will be many people who don't dare to use it, because they are at high risk
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:54:59 PM

It depend on users ,as some might like it but other don't.those who are crypto trader and big investor they would love to pay using these cards but those who are small investor or trader will avoid it in risk of getting less value while spending.i think Fiat and crypto combined facility should be there while payment so that user can decide from which to pay and users should get rewarded while paying with crypto.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:04:58 PM

Crypto debit card for fiat payments weren't much into usage, earlier such cards came into usage with accessibility to limited stores. As years pass the need for Cryptocurrency and the usage can be seen all around. An initiation of debit card for fiat payments will not be big shortly but in long run it'll surely reach users same as the normal debit card users.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:46:32 AM

Hello,
I'm here to explore the demand for crypto debit card.

The basics behind it is actually very simple:
1. You own some crypto funds on your account on an exchange (crypto/FIAT markets) that has partnered with a debit card provider. You'd have to identify yourself (pass KYC).
2. You get the card. It is a basic mastercard  debit card for FIAT payments. No magic.
3. When you use it, it automatically exchanges your crypto to FIAT based on the amount you're spending. You would even be able prioritize the order in which your crypto is to be exchanged the first, the second, etc.

So, would you use one? 
If yes, would such service motivate you enough to open an account on the exchange that is not (yet) one of the TOP ones?

Disclaimer: I'm a business owner in a position to offer such service. Knowing your opinion would help me a lot. So, thanks in advance!

If there is crypto debit card, i will sign up and want to have one. Its must be good step for cryptomarket if that happen because its getting closer to mass adoption. I am believe this will happen really soon because crypto already recognized in several country
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:03:00 AM

If this happen, i am think many crypto community will celebrate this. Off course i will use this innovation because it will help us spending our crypto in real world and can use in merchant.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:27:19 AM

It would be good news for the crypto user and also for people who don't know about crypto. And perhaps, the bank can integrate this and explain to their customer, so they will know what benefits of the card is. I think this card would be accepted in the country which approves the crypto so people can pay something with that crypto debit card and besides that, they can also have the investment which could be another benefit of the card. It would help the mass adoption too in many places if this is a success and I am sure that many people will open their eyes about the technology because I believe many people were aware of the new technology that already exist.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: