Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google the word "idiot" and Donald Trump would appear  (Read 326 times)
Upgate (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:36:02 AM

According to the dictionary idiot means a very stupid person well the word idiot is synonymous to president Donald Trump according to search about idiot on google.

I am not a supporter of Donal trump and I don't share some of his ideas but it's quite amusing to see him likened as an idiotic person don't really know if he can sue google for this or is it just a coincidence

What ever reason it is idiot is quite a harsh and unreasonable term to tag the president of one of the top most nation of the world it's not just an insult to Donal trump it's an insult to America and it's citizens as a whole regardless of if you like the man or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wolfencloud

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:07:22 AM

In my opinion, there is a bias on the moderators of google that hates the president of USA. It is a thing that is not good for the country.

Maybe some of anti-Trump likes that but the president is the leader of the country and saying that your leader is an "idiot" is like you say that the people of the country is also idiots because they vote an idiot president.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 12:21:59 PM

Yep it is big news at the moment and will only fuel the flames, I wonder how long Trump will rank there

Trump to hire SEOs to fix the situation? Let's see

jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:50:43 PM

there is a bias on the moderators of google

That's an interesting statement.

Do you think Google has moderators?!

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:19:51 PM

Yes.

They strongly deny bias, but it's been quite obvious.

Make no mistake about it, Google is very politically involved, and very interested in influencing elections in the countries it operates in.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:08:44 PM

Yes.

They strongly deny bias, but it's been quite obvious.

Make no mistake about it, Google is very politically involved, and very interested in influencing elections in the countries it operates in.

They don't really deny it by the way.

I remember I've watch a google dev talking about political bias wearing a shirt with something like "kill all white people" so can't really say they're hiding it xD

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:38:02 PM

I am not too surprised:

-he is unable to speak eloquently like politicians of his rank should be (his immigrant wife is better at this)
-he can't spell
-he has shown he does not have much knowledge about international relations and the rest of the world
-he thinks he can lie and noone will catch on
-he is not able to grasp important scientific facts even when they are explained in layman's terms
-he thinks denying something enough times will make it go away
-he thinks Mexico will pay for the wall
-need I go on?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12901

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

This kind of algorithmic accident based on over-trusting the zeitgeist has existed pretty much since Google was first created. Remember "french military victories" being suggested to "french military defeats"? If you look for them, you'll find them.

But has anyone else noticed that Google Search has gotten really bad over the last few years? Oftentimes I search for something kind of obvious, half of the results on the front page are from the same site that I'm not interested in, and the things I'm looking for are either unfindable or many pages deep. I'd like to use DuckDuckGo, but it's really bad, only working (sometimes) for the most simple queries.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:32:36 PM

But has anyone else noticed that Google Search has gotten really bad over the last few years? ...

On a wide range of queries, half the first page is malware.

I am not too surprised:

-he is unable to speak eloquently like politicians of his rank should be (his immigrant wife is better at this)
-he can't spell
-he has shown he does not have much knowledge about international relations and the rest of the world
-he thinks he can lie and noone will catch on
-he is not able to grasp important scientific facts even when they are explained in layman's terms
-he thinks denying something enough times will make it go away
-he thinks Mexico will pay for the wall
-need I go on?

Yes, you will have to go on. Here is why.

DC and the international "sophisticates and cultural elite" have always shown a strong bias against curtain aspects of American culture - when they became President.

Notable are Lyndon Johnson, Bush Jr., and Trump. Few of the characterizations of these men were accurate. No more so than your comments.

Liberals were programmed to dislike Reagan for different rationales, since he came from Hollywood.

You've believed what they told you to believe.
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:34:50 PM

The propecia he takes for his hairloss is making him mentally ill.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

@Spendulus, seeing is believing. I have seen his spelling, heard him speak like a 6 year old, seen how he interacts on international levels, heard him say lies and a whole lot of nonsense and sorry, that is my opinion. I really think American people can do better. Republican or democrat, just not Trump.

Just don't say fake news.
Upgate (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 08:54:03 PM

You must be really close to him.  Well just because you don't accept someone doesn't mean you should spread bias fact about him all you just stated is completely blasphemous.
I also don't accept his leadership skills. But Donal trump has a very good carriage and confidence

I am not so close to him but he sure is a learned man an knows how to spell and speak well
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 11:52:48 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2018, 05:06:27 PM by Spendulus

@Spendulus, seeing is believing. I have seen his spelling, heard him speak like a 6 year old, seen how he interacts on international levels, heard him say lies and a whole lot of nonsense and sorry, that is my opinion. I really think American people can do better. Republican or democrat, just not Trump.

Just don't say fake news.
Okay, I won't say fake news. How about fake newz? Smiley

The American people picked, in their opinion, the better of the two choices they were given.

Done. Get over it.

This article argues that the Google "idiot=Trump" was the result of deliberate "google bombing" by a sub-Reddit forum.

http://fortune.com/2018/07/19/donald-trump-idiot-google-bombing/
SCheek
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

Google has been shown to be political biased for a long time. For example if you type in Hillary Clinton Em.. you get emoji but with any other name or in any other search engine you get email.

Sujoris

Activity: 80
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

According to the dictionary idiot means a very stupid person well the word idiot is synonymous to president Donald Trump according to search about idiot on google.

I am not a supporter of Donal trump and I don't share some of his ideas but it's quite amusing to see him likened as an idiotic person don't really know if he can sue google for this or is it just a coincidence

What ever reason it is idiot is quite a harsh and unreasonable term to tag the president of one of the top most nation of the world it's not just an insult to Donal trump it's an insult to America and it's citizens as a whole regardless of if you like the man or not.

Really? on my end it's this baddecker guy lol
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:19:46 AM

In my opinion, there is a bias on the moderators of google that hates the president of USA. It is a thing that is not good for the country.

Maybe some of anti-Trump likes that but the president is the leader of the country and saying that your leader is an "idiot" is like you say that the people of the country is also idiots because they vote an idiot president.

while a tiny little part of your theory could be true, i think the majority of it is based on a conspiracy theory that ain't real. I can assure you this because I did work as database manager for quite long and I know exactly how a search function works and how difficult it is to modify the results of a given query. the level of manipulation that can be done in this case is very limited. relevance and popularity are the main attributes that generate a google search result. the query works based on those 2 factors along with others. i am not saying trump is an "idiot" but for his pictures to cover up the whole page when searching for the word" idiot" is not something google can do out of thin air. it just happens that trump is very popular and many posts on the internet referring to him as an idiot. they could be many others who were labeled " idiots " more times than trump, but they were not talked about as often as trump. on the other hand many people who are more popular than trump were not refereed to as "idiots" don't show up when you search the same word.

to understand more, try search google images for "football" and you will see mainly pictures of " American" Football players, while a normal search will yield mainly information on "soccer".  google has nothing to do with it, things just happen.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:54:45 AM

Fun game for those whose hate for Trump blinds them to the bias google uses to restructure search results in their favor.

1. Google "2020 democratic nominee"
2. cntrl F- Kamala
3. cntrl F- Beto
4. cntrl F- Biden
5. cntrl F- Warren
6. cntrl F- Castro

All show up in the results

7. cntrl F- Bernie
8. cntrl F- Sanders

Neither show up until you get to the 2nd page (where no one goes)

Google, like the MSM is truly the enemy of the people and will do whatever they can to protect private interests by getting a corporate democrat nominated.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:19:22 PM

Trump isn't really that fat, just like he doesn't go around having people assassinated like the Clintons and Big Pharma do. What seems to be fat on the outside, is really good body armor.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:51:32 PM

while a tiny little part of your theory could be true, i think the majority of it is based on a conspiracy theory that ain't real. I...
This article argues that the Google "idiot=Trump" was the result of deliberate "google bombing" by a sub-Reddit forum.

http://fortune.com/2018/07/19/donald-trump-idiot-google-bombing/
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:38:11 AM

If I will be analyzing this one, the problem here is that we know how the google search results works and mind that google search only put the first top answers based on the number of tags that the Internet has given.

By that said if it was not been manipulated then it is an obvious answer that the algo of google only gets the answer from different articles especially the more traffic or influenced ones. Then I can conclude that it is on the 50-50 basis for being biased.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: