Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing some trading tools, looking for people to collaborate.  (Read 148 times)
cryptoduck2 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

May I start by apologising if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new and a friend recommended I posted my idea here.

I've been developing some trading tools for crypto over the past 6 months. It's going pretty well and I have a functional site. Python backend with a php/wordpress front end and custom wp plugin to deal with talking to the backend. It's functional, makes trades and can manage selling and stop losses for you. Simulator paper trade mode as well as live trading. I am looking for other people who would be interested in working together on this.

A bit about me.
I'm 36, been coding for over 20 years and currently an embedded engineer based in the U.K. I love coding and building things. I've developed projects in my spare time before, last one I released publicly with over 10 years ago (it was a kernel hacking application for the original xbox to customise aspects of the firmware and startup animation called Kernelbasher)

I started this because I was too cheap to pay for other peoples tools and wanted a level of customisation that wasn't present in off the shelf projects. Other open source trading tools didn't seem suited to my workflow for trading so I started to make my own, and I wanted to freshen up on Python and never quite got round to coding anything in wp. This idea seemed to satisfy those requirements.

Functionality so far.
It's technically a working product. It supports live trading as well as a simulator/papertrade mode. You create a configuration with your rules and it will manage those trades based on the rules in the profile. It supports automatically importing signals from various sources, telegram, discord, twitter, etc, and a manual trading mode. This is all driven through the web based interface through wordpress. The main benefit currently is the ability to set OCO orders on exchanges, trailing stops and proper stop losses, not just stop limits, I'd like to take this further. I've had loads of fun playing with configs using the mininghamster signals in paper trade mode.

The backend is more mature than the front end, and this is where I'm reaching out to see if anyone else fancies getting involved. Where do I want to take this? No idea. Maybe we get something together that can be released as a product, maybe we just release the whole thing as open source, maybe we just keep finished copies for ourselves to use. I'm open to all ideas. I'd certainly be interested in exploring the idea of a commercial product down the road.

As well as the basic functional trading, I have also spent a lot of time developing additional useful functionality in the backend which needs to be exposed on the front end. These include:

- Backend can poll all exchanges grabbing candle data on all timeframes for all coins/tokens. Tested with half a dozen exchanges. Uses ccxt which supports 150+ exchanges.
- TA indicator generation using TA-lib (want to eventually use this to generate signals and a back tester)
- Order book sampling
- Code to pull balance information from an exchange for a given set of api keys.
- Scalable. Several versions of the application can run on different servers, all talking back to the central database and can load balance tasks. Very useful to getting data in realtime like order book sampling and grabbing 1m candles (try grabbing all the 1m candles for all coins on an exchange, then do that across half a dozen exchanges in real time from a single computer)
- Backend db structure is reasonably optimised, the system quite happily handles large tables.

I have also designed a secure implementation for the api keys so that they are encrypted in the database and have a demo running in google cloud infrastructure. A node for the front end and backend servers for handling the various jobs needed by the rest of the system.

Sound interesting? I'd be interested in hearing from any front end devs initially, trading experience would be of benefit but I figured once we have something to demo we'd probably find it quite easy to get input from real world traders to tweak the interface and workflow. The main area of focus is the front end, currently I have a front end written as a wordpress plugin + bootstrap, which still needs quite a bit of work and various bits of polishing & testing are required for the back end. Hit me up or reply in the comments if you're interested in finding out more. More than happy to try and answer any questions people might have, I don't mind giving a tour of the existing site for those who are serious about working together.

If you're not a dev, but have suggestions then do post. Some things I think would be cool to do with this;

- Make a trading game where people can compete in a paper trade mode.
- Back tester
- Add new features like time delayed stop loss orders. Order laddering.
- Stops based on what BTC is doing.
- Stops based on certain TA requirements.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: