Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standards in Smart Contracts - opinions  (Read 71 times)
TamBitEx (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:08:23 PM

Hello everbody,

I'm currently doing a research project on standards in Smart Contracts and would be so glad if anyone here would like to talk to me about that topic. I just need to hear a few opinions regarding how standards in the creation of Smart Contracts would benefit the Blockchain community, how and by whom they should be established and what they should particularly regulate.

Thank you so much in advance!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

many developers are trying to make smart contracts that hide things like who actually signs. and how much value each party gets.
i can understand it from a privacy against competition.
but in a blockchain world where auditing funds is essential for security of currency, fungibility and stability of trust of circulation. that hiding too much from the network of auditors leads to issues of weak links where bugs can occur and money creation outside of mining can occur.

also with smart contracts by not knowing who signed what or not knowing if an address you are depositing into is truly a 2of 2 and not a hidden 2of 3 where your counter party has 2 keys and you only have one would leave you at a disadvantage. again i understand the preference to reduce bytes of signatures. but to have no way of knowing how many are signers pre-post funding.. is not a good fair "contract"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TamBitEx (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:37:31 AM

Thanks for your answer. I can totally understand your point of view.

Would you mind talking a little bit more about that topic? May I ask you a few questions?
Thanks in advance  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: