Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scaling of bitcoin.  (Read 387 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:40:50 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2018, 10:51:47 PM by franky1

nodes were thrown off the network in august to FAKE count consensus
other nodes were told they didnt need to upgrade to vote in favour of segwit because core bypassed them. they were not counted.
core got their FAKE95% not by doing true consensus.
the amount of nodes that were actually fully segwit ready was not even 50%

you know this.
it has been discussed repeatedly in many topics.. you trying to bring it up again like you ar bring up fresh info. is your flaw.
do i really need to suggest to you to do some research

As I continue to point out and you willfully ignore, you are talking about nodes running the /BTC1 client.  Those are the clients that were disconnected from the network due to concerns over replay protection.  BU have not been forked off.  XT have not been forked off.  TRB have not been forked off.  Classic have not been forked off. BCH forked of their own volition, just like they announced they would months earlier.  BCH nodes don't count towards consensus on this chain, despite the fact you clearly wish they did.  Obviously some of the people that previously ran nodes on the BTC network made the decision to follow the BCH chain instead.  They chose that.  But you just want to pretend that they were all forced out.  As always, the reality is very different to what you portray.

those nodes are not full nodes (1037 flag nodes) so they didnt get a vote they were bypassed.

BCH forked off AFTER the core network mandate bip.
check the blockchain.
core devs mandated first then bch came after AS A RESULT
even you know this
(and dont meander about it wasnt core devs... luke JR was publicising and praising it. he is even still now proud of his efforts. he doesnt need you trying to say he wasnt involved he doesnt need you dismissing his efforts.. he is loud and proud of it)
even you posted that core supporters mandated bip was introduced in march and bch reacted months later knowing they would get thrown off.. they had NO CHOICE

but atleast your coming to the realisation that nodes were not counted because they were taken off the network
you have made one step forward. but you seem to lack reading the blockchain height to see core supporters mandated bip came first and bch came second. so go research that.
blockchain data doesnt lie

i dont endorse or am not part of EB. thats your foolish mindset.
there are many many many many many ways to scale bitcoin but because EB was the only one before the mandate even trying to oppose cores roadmap i thought its better than nothing. i to thought 2mb base+segwit(2016 version) was better than cores 1xsegwit. even segwit 2x(2017 version) was a better than nothing.
but again core didnt want that
the segwit2x(2017 version) was not even a proposal. it was a DCG.co endorsed subterfuge to get segwit1x activated and then backtrack the 2x element.

but again staying on topic:
so staying with the topic
if you think bitcoin has scaled then show me a single day where bitcoin has had over 600,000 tx for the day (7tx/s)
come on show me when blocks are full that there are more tx/s than numbers satoshi mentioned back in 2009-10 (7tx/s). show me the idea where devs pretend the 4mb is full utility space = 28tx/s (2.4mill tx a day)
come on show my their promises from 3 years ago

if you can show me how they have scaled bitcoin in the last 3 years. and i dont mean make bitcoin compatible to be bypassed when core deem fit and compatible with other non bitcoin networks to sway people away from bitcoin.
i actually mean scaling bitcoin.
show me stats of atleast 600,000tx a day and ill shut my mouth. come on. show me some stats
or are you just here to defend dev's ego

stats please not social drama and insults.. just stats.
if you only wish to reply with insults. save yourself some time. as your reply will just be void of any substance

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:19:37 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2018, 11:32:50 PM by franky1

sorry folks for doomads topic invasion for his usual dev kiss ass dev defending meanders.

now back to the topic.
bitcoin for the last 3 years has not innovated in regards to scaling. devs have only cared about making bitcoin 'other network' compatible

if anyone wants to prove me wrong then its simple
show me a day where transactions broke the 7tx/s (600k tx a day) barrier that has existed since 2009

show me stats that are atleast say 1million a day which is like the 3tx/s under 1mb rule utility.. but spread out into the 4mb space(thus 12tx/s) that devs pretend is fully utilisable
(i know its not. but im just trying to prove a point.. im kind of being rhetorical with using a bit of reverse psychology)

even if under a fully open 4mb base block which was a 2014-15 proposal allowing upto 28tx/s
i am asking to show an easy 12tx/s day..(1mill a day) to prove 4mb utility of 3tx/s per mb (never gonna happen)
or even a 7tx/s+ day which means bitcoin has surpassed satoshis measure quoted in 2009-10

if anyone tries to pretend numbers dont exceed that amount because demand isnt there. i will instantly counter with mempool stats that mempools exceed 1mb because there is demand. i will also instantly counter that people had to wait more than one block because blocks are full
so under the understanding of full blocks and such and the 4mb promises of devs. we should be at over 7tx/s. i am not suggesting 28tx/s need to be proven. but atleast prove breaking passed the 600k tx a day barrier thats existed since 2009

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
don_ricci

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:36:17 PM

This is quite possible, but it’s better not to do it with Bitcoin, but with stocks and futures. Most crypto exchanges are not well-established work, which increases the risks.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:14:32 PM

yes, now, exactly BTC is swimming freely into the deepest sea floor.

what do you think about BTC now? Are you complaining? I think, the scale of BTC today gives us the opportunity to buy it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: