Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:57:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warming there seems to be an increase in the number of hacks/scams at the moment  (Read 330 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:13:58 AM

I believe that you trying to help but i don't think this is the main cause of the current change in the price of Bitcoin. This activities are just no threat to Bitcoin. If it was possible to kill the use of Bitcoin, like it would have dead in the previous years. By the way, thanks for sharing this to need people keep their wallet safe from hackers.

The title was probably a bad one. Too many people that have been here for a long time (and should know better) seem to have become victims of hacks. For example, the get-paid.com wallet hack is a good example of this. They should’ve used more secure browsers and learnt more about bitcoin (such as multisig with hardware) before they got into their business.

I feel more startups can suffer from the same thing and there is a lot of malware that seems to be being produced at the moment to try to steal bitcoin.
P.S. can anyone suggest a better title? My creativity isn’t very good.
npiappes

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:21:29 AM

I personally think they are the people who are not open-minded enough to give Bitcoin a chance.
It's really sad to have people like these.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:32:21 AM

It’s come to my attention that there are being a lot of hacks and scams going on at the moment.

This is a warning to people to keep wallets fully protected, exchange accounts should have 2fa added and wallets should at least have a password on them.

However, if these new hackers are successful in art king vulnerabilities in web browsers and adding, it could really make the price start to drop quite dramatically.

(We always get hacks and scams increasing when the price dips - usually because it hits the news or people can get bored of their funds not doing so well I guess)... Anyway, stay vigilant and don’t click anything you don’t trust.
You know man, this activity will always be there. because there are many people who do have jobs to make money from hacking, if your email has been spread to the internet then you will often see phishing letters coming into your email, there are many crypto files such as wallets and so on that contain viruses to steal or other techniques, always improve our wallet security system, hackers are getting smarter
skmoon4422

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:46:34 AM

Hello.
I am a high school girl in Korea.
I left a message here for the help of an angel somewhere.
I live with my sick grandfather, grandmother and three people.
We are living in a cold room where there is no heat due to winter,
and it is hard because there is no food. I want to provide a warm
room and food for my grandfather, Halmani, and I want to go to school.
Please help me. I will never forget to thank you.
A little help is all right. I beg you.

Bitcoin : 399rqooTJBtveNXPbVSP78hdUUJFpdCoQV
Ethereum : 0x955E71eF27ae2C2C3F0a78114c38c7eEf6Fc6993
Zainal-baguz

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:50:26 AM

if in my opinion they are in doubt about that.
1. Their goal is to improve the present situation to be better for the future.
2. the possibility of another. to enrich. or get your own benefits without regard to other people's circumstances

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:02:27 AM

Thanks for that reminder. I use to remind other people from different crypto communities that don't be too confident with their wallets / exchanges. Stay safe and be vigilant.

Last time, there's a person that sells 2nd hand hardware wallet (ledger nano s) and he keeps on debating that it is not his intention to scam. I'm not sure if he's playing dumb or really don't know about the 2nd hand hardware wallet purchase scam though you can reset it.

A lot of newbies don't know how to reset 2nd hand hardware wallets so be sure that if someone wants to purchase, go directly to manufacturers site.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:18:44 AM

This is not enough for Bitcoin's price to get killed. I don't think this is the reason why there is a very serious dump happening for several consecutive months already. Moreover, it is not just Bitcoin's price that is suffering right now. The rest are also swirling downward. Also, more than a hundred billion USD in value was lost in the cryptocurrency market within these bear months. It cannot be the hacking incidents that are the culprit for this. Huge investors must have dumped their huge holdings.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:11:18 AM

It’s come to my attention that there are being a lot of hacks and scams going on at the moment.

This is a warning to people to keep wallets fully protected, exchange accounts should have 2fa added and wallets should at least have a password on them.

However, if these new hackers are successful in art king vulnerabilities in web browsers and adding, it could really make the price start to drop quite dramatically.

(We always get hacks and scams increasing when the price dips - usually because it hits the news or people can get bored of their funds not doing so well I guess)... Anyway, stay vigilant and don’t click anything you don’t trust.

On these days, hackers just want to steal our coin or our token. Its true that we better always using 2FA if we store our coin in exchanger wallet. Beside that, to secure our wallet from hackers, we should always check the security on our browser when we visiting a website.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
acholagi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:40:00 AM

yes, now a new possibility arises for the reason why the price of Bitcoin is currently down. that is because of hackers
it is indeed reasonable and can also happen, indeed this is a very vulnerable internet world, cryptocurrency itself is not officially regulated by any government, so this also causes easy monopoly of prices by large investors
hackers also play an important role in the world of cryptocurrency, if the blockchain is successfully hacked and manipulated, then the history of blockchain and cryptocurrency is finished
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 07:05:58 AM

though this may not be the major reason for the blood bath on cryptocurrency, but i think this may be a contributory factor to the situation at hand. yes because is a hacker can be able to break into an account and steal coins, he or she may sell of at prices below the worth of the token. let's be security conscious when it comes to protecting our wallets.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:43:13 AM

A few wallets getting hacked is not going to effect the price of bitcoin, unless the hacker got lucky and bagged a whale. It is when large exchanges get hacked that causes prices to fall

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 08:02:51 AM

The number of scammers is growing. But on the stock exchange, even 2fa may not help you, since hackers are now very cunning and smart and can easily hack it. Since I myself personally encountered such a problem. And the hacking of accounts on the stock exchange and wallets can not affect the price of Bitcoin, the reasons are quite different.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: