Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:26:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective  (Read 1012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:56:29 PM

Something interesting to note. I decided to start all over with my bots (because I ended up wanting to change them) so I'm working through and canceling them in the bot program (one by one). When I hit a bot whose standing order was canceled by Bittrex, I get the following error message, and then while that message is showing, I see the green confirm screen in the bottom right corner of Bittrex indicating that my order was canceled. So even though Bittrex already taken those orders off the books, and the bot recognizes that they are no longer on the trading platform (because it's telling me to cancel on the UI), it seems Bittrex still maintains some record of those orders. I'm thinking that might be important when it comes to programming the bot to replace those orders when Bittrex cancels them after 28 days.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:33:17 PM

And my first attempt to import all my new bots caused the program to crash. I tried twice.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 08:00:20 PM

And my first attempt to import all my new bots caused the program to crash. I tried twice.

Can you send me the file you are trying to import via email?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 08:01:03 PM

Something interesting to note. I decided to start all over with my bots (because I ended up wanting to change them) so I'm working through and canceling them in the bot program (one by one). When I hit a bot whose standing order was canceled by Bittrex, I get the following error message, and then while that message is showing, I see the green confirm screen in the bottom right corner of Bittrex indicating that my order was canceled. So even though Bittrex already taken those orders off the books, and the bot recognizes that they are no longer on the trading platform (because it's telling me to cancel on the UI), it seems Bittrex still maintains some record of those orders. I'm thinking that might be important when it comes to programming the bot to replace those orders when Bittrex cancels them after 28 days.

Thanks, good observation!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 08:59:08 PM

Missing the date at the end of each line. You can copy the date and format from the exported bot file. Once I added the date it imported fine.

True,1/5/2019 9:51

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 09:10:23 PM

Missing the date at the end of each line. You can copy the date and format from the exported bot file. Once I added the date it imported fine.

OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if fields that the bot normally automatically populates would be needed to be filled or not. What about the ID and Active fields? Do they also need to be filled out?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 09:18:56 PM

OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if fields that the bot normally automatically populates would be needed to be filled or not. What about the ID and Active fields? Do they also need to be filled out?

The ID doesn't technically, as long as the column is there. I think we can ignore the date field as well, but for now I would recommend including it.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:10:35 PM

I have a new feature request: the ability to reinstate a previously canceled bot without having to enter or import it all over again.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:39:21 PM

I have a new feature request: the ability to reinstate a previously canceled bot without having to enter or import it all over again.

Thanks wiser, possibly in the next update after this one.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:42:32 PM

Upgrade Available

Download: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_02012019__1_19.zip

Upgrade Instructions - Download the above zip file. Unzip the files to a folder. Close the older version of the trading bot if it was open. Double click DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Changes:
-Bittrex orders are now replaced every two weeks (Bittrex automatically cancels orders older than 28 days)
-Added minimize button

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 02:27:14 PM

Upgrade Available

Download: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_02012019__1_19.zip

Upgrade Instructions - Download the above zip file. Unzip the files to a folder. Close the older version of the trading bot if it was open. Double click DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Changes:
-Bittrex orders are now replaced every two weeks (Bittrex automatically cancels orders older than 28 days)
-Added minimize button

AWESOME! It's great to be able to minimize it, and the Bittrex auto-cancel was turning out to be a royal pain. So glad you found a good workaround!
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:19:07 PM

Here's a little quirk I noticed in how the trading bot is interacting with Bittrex. So I created a ridiculous sell order (2 DMD for 1 BTC each) to use as a placeholder. I used the bot to place this order and had an equally ridiculous buy order (since you need a pair). I created that order on February 2nd, and I discovered yesterday that Bittrex had canceled the order and rendered those two DMD available. But the way I discovered it was that I was looking at my fulfilled orders on the bot program and it was showing that particular sell order as a fulfilled order. Then when I went to check it on Bittrex, I discovered it was canceled on their end. It turns out that same order is also listed in the canceled orders section of the bot program. But anyway, I thought it was a bit troubling that it would show up as a fulfilled order when it was indeed canceled.

But the other issue is that even though 28 days hadn't gone by, and the bot is supposed to automatically replace orders every two weeks, Bittrex still found that particular order and canceled it. I'm guessing Bittrex also has an algorithm that hunts down and kills orders that are placed totally out of the normal price range, but not sure exactly how that works. The only reason I had placed that order was as a placeholder--I sometimes do that as a crude way to keep funds separate, as well as to maintain a small balance of coins I use a lot so they'll always be visible in my Bittrex wallets even when I have "hide zero balances" checked. For the most part this won't affect my normal automated trading, but thought that would be something you should be aware of. I do have standing orders that are substantially above or below the current market price because I expect the market to move around and want to be ready with my bots when it does. I'm really hoping that the replacing the orders every two weeks will keep those orders alive on Bittrex for as long as I want them there.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 07:01:55 PM

Here's a little quirk I noticed in how the trading bot is interacting with Bittrex. So I created a ridiculous sell order (2 DMD for 1 BTC each) to use as a placeholder. I used the bot to place this order and had an equally ridiculous buy order (since you need a pair). I created that order on February 2nd, and I discovered yesterday that Bittrex had canceled the order and rendered those two DMD available. But the way I discovered it was that I was looking at my fulfilled orders on the bot program and it was showing that particular sell order as a fulfilled order. Then when I went to check it on Bittrex, I discovered it was canceled on their end. It turns out that same order is also listed in the canceled orders section of the bot program. But anyway, I thought it was a bit troubling that it would show up as a fulfilled order when it was indeed canceled.

But the other issue is that even though 28 days hadn't gone by, and the bot is supposed to automatically replace orders every two weeks, Bittrex still found that particular order and canceled it. I'm guessing Bittrex also has an algorithm that hunts down and kills orders that are placed totally out of the normal price range, but not sure exactly how that works. The only reason I had placed that order was as a placeholder--I sometimes do that as a crude way to keep funds separate, as well as to maintain a small balance of coins I use a lot so they'll always be visible in my Bittrex wallets even when I have "hide zero balances" checked. For the most part this won't affect my normal automated trading, but thought that would be something you should be aware of. I do have standing orders that are substantially above or below the current market price because I expect the market to move around and want to be ready with my bots when it does. I'm really hoping that the replacing the orders every two weeks will keep those orders alive on Bittrex for as long as I want them there.

Oh, you had the bot create the orders hoping the bot would keep the order alive regardless of the bittrex rule to cancel orders that have remained unfulfilled for more than 28 days?
Then I guess bittrex didn't like the order, because it wasn't close enough to a real trading range and canceled it anyway? That part seems strange, I can't find any documentation that they would do that or what the exact parameters would be.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 10:05:50 PM

Oh, you had the bot create the orders hoping the bot would keep the order alive regardless of the bittrex rule to cancel orders that have remained unfulfilled for more than 28 days?
Then I guess bittrex didn't like the order, because it wasn't close enough to a real trading range and canceled it anyway? That part seems strange, I can't find any documentation that they would do that or what the exact parameters would be.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, that was my thinking. If I used the bot to create the order, then maybe the bot would keep it alive for as long as I needed the placeholder value Smiley

I vaguely remember a while back getting a communication that Bittrex was going to be canceling orders that it considers to be out of range--it was a warning of a new policy and it was several years ago. It was supposed to free up server bandwidth, etc. I'll look through my email and see if I can find it. I haven't seen any documentation on Bittrex' site explaining that policy (but I haven't looked either), but I do have very recent experience with Bittrex deleting my "out of range" orders within days. I do know the policy of deleting orders after 28 days is on their site because I read it after a bunch of my bot orders had gotten canceled (before you set up the bot to autorenew orders every two weeks).

I can say that whatever you're doing to keep orders alive longer than 28 days is working for me. I just now discovered an old bot I'd created on January 24th, which is still standing today despite the market having dropped well below it (I missed it when I was canceling those now-too-high bots).
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:09:45 AM

I spoke too soon. Bittrex canceled a bunch of my unfulfilled orders today and the bot is not replacing them, so there seems to be something that overrides the bot order replacement activity. It's frustrating. The canceled orders are around 28 days old and hadn't filled during that time.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 06:14:15 AM

I spoke too soon. Bittrex canceled a bunch of my unfulfilled orders today and the bot is not replacing them, so there seems to be something that overrides the bot order replacement activity. It's frustrating. The canceled orders are around 28 days old and hadn't filled during that time.

Might have been canceled for some other reason?

Live test was successful on my end replaced all my orders a few days ago. On Feb 27th.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:20:07 PM

Live test was successful on my end replaced all my orders a few days ago. On Feb 27th.

Possibly something to do with the scheduled maintenance? I'll add them back in I guess...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 06:58:28 PM

Possibly something to do with the scheduled maintenance? I'll add them back in I guess...

This is the best case for now. Hopefully you can just export and re-import them.

That is terrible that they cancel orders on people. The worst thing would be to expect an order you had sitting was executed and then find out it was canceled on you. That may be why they haven't kept their top position as a dominant exchange.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:40:59 PM

This is the best case for now. Hopefully you can just export and re-import them.

That is terrible that they cancel orders on people. The worst thing would be to expect an order you had sitting was executed and then find out it was canceled on you. That may be why they haven't kept their top position as a dominant exchange.

It might take a bit more than that because the bots are still showing in the program as "true" and there may still be an artifact of them on Bittrex, so I may need to cancel them first, but not sure. I was going to try to just import first and then try other things if that doesn't work. This reminds me that once the bot program allows for reinstating of canceled bots, then it would be just a matter of clicking through each one to redo it in the case of cancellation for any reason.

Yeah, I agree with you that it's bad that Bittrex cancels people's orders. I think they should just invest in whatever bandwidth they need to be able to hold all the orders including the truly unrealistic ones.

I'm really looking forward to when DNotes Global gets an exchange up and running! I would have considered Bittrex to be the best exchange... until I began my automated trading adventures. I may check out a different one once the bot program adds support for other exchanges.
Vazan25

Activity: 728
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:38:19 PM

Guys-add more exchanges.
And add another payment in other top coins-this option is considered?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: